News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 18, 2021, 08:15:57 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread good... i S @SidB i agree.
SPeaking of slimness, i really hope the allosaurus, torvosaurus, carcharodontosaurus, and possible stegosaurus arent slim but bulky and healthy looking like how large animals should be. Im tired of t rex being the only dinosaur that gets this treatment
That's one advantage of Doug Watson's work for Safari - not just his feathered T-rex, but also theropods like Allosaurus, Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus are not lacking in the grocery department. No shrink-wrapping there.

Stegotyranno420

all expect the spinosaurus are great models as they all look muscular and powerful to support themselves at that size. man, avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson is so cool!

Bread

Quote from: SidB on February 18, 2021, 08:27:09 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 18, 2021, 08:15:57 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread good... i S @SidB i agree.
SPeaking of slimness, i really hope the allosaurus, torvosaurus, carcharodontosaurus, and possible stegosaurus arent slim but bulky and healthy looking like how large animals should be. Im tired of t rex being the only dinosaur that gets this treatment
That's one advantage of Doug Watson's work for Safari - not just his feathered T-rex, but also theropods like Allosaurus, Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus are not lacking in the grocery department. No shrink-wrapping there.
Agreed. Hopefully PNSO continue to produce more bulkier figures with their mid-size line, compared to their museum line (which are heavily shrink wrapped and slimmer looking).

Besides this discussion of bulk and shrink wrapping of figures, I believe PNSO should be revealing a figure next week. Possibly this Saturday as their past few releases of 2021 were all revealed on a Saturday.

I can't wait!!!!

SidB

On one hand, it will be fascinating to see what's in the pipeline, but on the other, well ... the budget says no more purchases until March!

sauroid

hope to see sauropods and pterosaurs (mid size range) from PNSO.
(also wondering why they arent making extinct cenozoic animals)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on February 19, 2021, 07:05:03 AM

Completely agree with you. We need a megatherium, paraceratherium, smilodon and mammoth, but with a decent size PNSO can do a beautiful job when it comes to prehistoric mammals.

Pterosaurs in an acceptable size yet PNSO has not done anything why?

And Paleozoic animals, we need mammalian reptiles and prehistoric amphibians to give two examples and also Paleozoic invertebrates.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2021, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: sauroid on February 19, 2021, 07:05:03 AM

Completely agree with you. We need a megatherium, paraceratherium, smilodon and mammoth, but with a decent size PNSO can do a beautiful job when it comes to prehistoric mammals.

Pterosaurs in an acceptable size yet PNSO has not done anything why?

And Paleozoic animals, we need mammalian reptiles and prehistoric amphibians to give two examples and also Paleozoic invertebrates.

Pterosaurs are tricky. Scale, poses and fragility are all problems. Thin parts can break or bend easily if not reinforced. Wings can sag in the heat. Would be nice to see some from them aside from the little guys which are pretty soft material.

stoneage

You have to remember that Dinosaurs from the Cretaceous and Jurassic sell the best.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stoneage on February 20, 2021, 05:33:52 AM
You have to remember that Dinosaurs from the Cretaceous and Jurassic sell the best.
The ugly and sad truth :( :(I really want a lilliensternus

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 11, 2021, 11:02:59 AM

If they made that one for a reasonable price I'd be very tempted despite not collecting pterosaurs. It just looks really majestic. Wouldn't mind having that poster, either. Heh.

Thialfi

Didn't a woolly mammoth show up in one of the images taken and posted during a trade show or something? I wonder what is going to happen to that. It looked amazing.

SenSx

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on February 20, 2021, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on February 11, 2021, 11:02:59 AM

If they made that one for a reasonable price I'd be very tempted despite not collecting pterosaurs. It just looks really majestic. Wouldn't mind having that poster, either. Heh.

I think this one is kinda confirmed as a figure, it was present on the 2020 tease with the exact same pose ( but as limited edition statue, don't know if they'll make it a regular one)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49834408616_7ae8cc78a6_z.jpg

Bread

I wonder if those statues were cancelled. I've noticed PNSO has the tendency to cancel or put aside revealed/planned products.

I would like to see these made but I know I won't be able to afford those, plus space is another thing for me to consider.

Roar

Quote from: Bread on February 20, 2021, 02:47:51 PM
I wonder if those statues were cancelled. I've noticed PNSO has the tendency to cancel or put aside revealed/planned products.

I would like to see these made but I know I won't be able to afford those, plus space is another thing for me to consider.
I think its due to factories shutting down due to the pandemic. I think its a Miracle they have put so many new ones out last year. Also i have found a tsintaosaurus in baidu of which i am not sure it is new one from them or not. Dont know how to place it here. But search and you will find. And also Maybe they also jump in with some tjonge, rebor launched a Carno, pictures. They did too. Also some things change for example Parasaurolophus. Wasnt the skull revised due to a new finding?
Onwards to adventure!

terrorchicken

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 20, 2021, 06:02:00 AM
when was the last time someone released a Triassic era sauropodomorph? Id love to get an updated plateosaurus or riojasaurus.

ceratopsian

PNSO's occasional tendency not to stick to schedules etc far predates Covid.  A few years back we got very excited about a catalogue of forthcoming figures - but not all of them appeared.

Quote from: Walhalla on February 21, 2021, 08:49:55 AM
Quote from: Bread on February 20, 2021, 02:47:51 PM

I think its due to factories shutting down due to the pandemic. I think its a Miracle they have put so many new ones out last year. Also i have found a tsintaosaurus in baidu of which i am not sure it is new one from them or not. Dont know how to place it here. But search and you will find. And also Maybe they also jump in with some tjonge, rebor launched a Carno, pictures. They did too. Also some things change for example Parasaurolophus. Wasnt the skull revised due to a new finding?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 23, 2021, 06:30:00 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 20, 2021, 06:02:00 AM
when was the last time someone released a Triassic era sauropodomorph? Id love to get an updated plateosaurus or riojasaurus.

I want to say...CollectA?  It is a really nice one though.

SRF

Since it has been quite a while now since PNSO treated us with a weekly reveal, is anyone else also really looking forward to them starting things up again? I'm really curious if they will release models of the species they have teased in the last couple of weeks or not.

If so, my wallet will be happy I haven't purchased all of PNSO's figures of last year yet.  :)
But today, I'm just being father

triceratops83

Well I for one am still hanging out for that parasaurolophus. I think we've waited long enough for that.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Roar

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 24, 2021, 09:42:19 PM
Well I for one am still hanging out for that parasaurolophus. I think we've waited long enough for that.

Oh i really hope the Para will be Coming out. Would be an amazing edition.
Onwards to adventure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: