News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yankeetrex Art......Tyrannosaurus 3d Model Updated 6/16

Started by yankeetrex, October 09, 2012, 05:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Hey everyone, I havent been a contributor to the new version of the site, but its been about a year since I've done any Paleo work, so here is my newest Photoshop painting staring Ol' Rexy from Jurassic Park.............

I do have some new pencil drawings, just need to get to a scanner

Jetoar

Awesome drawing ! Ever I like Jurassic Park style of T-Rex  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

That's an awesome Tyrannosaurus. You have a good grasp of shading/form and light/shadows :)

yankeetrex

tyrantqueen

The details are great. Must have taken patience to render every little scale and wrinkle :)

yankeetrex

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 09, 2012, 09:13:04 PM
The details are great. Must have taken patience to render every little scale and wrinkle :)

Yes it did, haha, about 6 hours worth of work there....

edit: just finished this.....

yankeetrex

Heres a few new ones, trying to get away from the jurassic park dino's and get alittle more scientific.

Edit: Added some darker features

Jetoar

Oh amazing draws I like all. Good detail in their eyes  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Gryphoceratops

Interesting technique for scales.  What are you using for reference on anatomy? 

yankeetrex

And the spino i didn't really use a reference, just kind of did it. 

I don't know much about dinosaur musculature, so I kind of took a stab in the dark with what the musculature looks like based on some images I looked at looking at google.
In reguards to the homalocephale, the head i came up with after looking at some "complete" skulls

Jetoar

Gryphoceratops

Cool.  Yeah I was going to say the homalocephale looked a bit weird in the head but then again...it was a weird looking animal! 

yankeetrex

I know i've submitted her before, but I just did a dark wash and dry brush to accentuate the details.

tyrantqueen

Is that the Tamiya or the Papo Brachio? (I admit that even though I own the Tamiya, I have not yet assembled it, thus my unfamiliarity with it) It looks great :)

Simon

Neither.  That is the all-vinyl, 1:20 scale Horizon Brachiosaurus sold as part of the Jurassic Park series of Horizon Models back in 1992-1993.  It is about 36" long and nearly as tall.  Huge kit.

yankeetrex

I really wish someone could continue producing dinosaur kits in vinyl, they are so incredibly easy to put together. Thanks for the kind words tyrant queen.

Jetoar

Wonderful figure a wonderful paint. You could do a great diorma with this figure, papo Brachiosaurus and Tamiya Brachiosaurus and you coul do a big herd of Brachiosaurus  ^-^. Well done again.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job ! Dry brushing or washes  ? Whichever it looks really nice. Makes me think my own could use a paint update. :)

postsaurischian

I never liked the model until I saw your pics :). Well done, she looks great!
Should have bought it the last time I was in Australia. It's pretty common in the toy shops there.

yankeetrex

Blade-- Its a mixture of Airbrush for the base painting, ink washes to bring out skin folds, and dry brushing to highlight raised areas.

Two new concept style pieces....

The Carno close up head is inspired by a sculpture piece, but I dont remember who's. SO If anyone can clue me in, that would be great, so I can give proper credit.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: