News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: Vegeta365 on May 07, 2021, 06:08:23 PM
More importantly they confirmed in the comments that later this month they will share the new T Rex colour schemes  :)

Oh yes I completely forgot, this made my day.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pics of my REBOR Killer Queen vs Nanmu Heavy Lance

Papos tossed in for comparison :

Duna

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon It fits perfectly with them! :) Congrats, it's a very good figure.

Over9K

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Duna on May 09, 2021, 10:06:02 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon It fits perfectly with them! :) Congrats, it's a very good figure.

Thanks! It's definitely hefty and nicely detailed.

My sick Trike hasn't arrived yet, and I've been hearing that because of the material used for it the horns have been prone to breakage? I'll post some info as I get it.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2021, 06:41:11 AM
Pics of my REBOR Killer Queen vs Nanmu Heavy Lance

Papos tossed in for comparison :

Nice set, I especially like the comparaison between the Nanmu and Papo triceratops that was alwready quite big, this Nanmu is large.

We also got a size comparaison between the upcoming Rex and the triceratops, but it's still hard for me to figue out the size of this new Buck, I hope it will be bigger than the female Rex, not only in bulk but also in height and lengt.
At least one of the color schemes will be revealed at the end of this month.

Shonisaurus

I like that tyrannosaurus rex honestly, it is clear that it will not have stability problems as it happens with the first versions of tyrannosaurus rex based on JP / JW. My brown tyrannosaurus rex Nanmu fell every two by three, it has stability problems not like its green counterpart. Thanks for sharing the photos, they are very cool images.

Baby Sinclair

I'm new to the hobby but having purchased a few of Nanmu's figures I can definately say I'm in it for the long haul.

The new Buck Rex looks stunning and I am so hopeful that we'll see the Roberta-like proportions similarly matched by one of the colour schemes.

Also looking forward to seeing Santiago and Calypso painted as the maquettes look fantastic!  :D
Roberta forever <3

dragon53

Shonisaurus

That interchangeable horn triceratops looks cool, it might even show up without a horn as full battle damage. It is a very good unscientific triceratops figure but I honestly prefer Nanmu's vastatosaurus to this figure I prefer to buy the rarest figures on the dinosaur toy market and collectibles.

Carnoking

"Advance notice:
We will release some sample pictures of "The Once and Future King" tomorrow as we honor our promises to our fans, and we will announce the progress of several products."

Bread

Beautiful.....
That's all that needs to be said...

Over9K

Nanmu, from their FB page...

Quote"There are dreams in the soundest sleep, though.
And I may be back once more.
With the Knights of the Table round me.
In the glorious days of yore. "
Salute the king!
Hello, everyone. According to the work plan, answer some questions that you are more concerned about recently and announce some work progress:
1. "The Once and Future King" has three colors. But there will be no brown. Pre-sale will begin in late June.
2. The couple, Santiago and Calypso, are already in the casting mold stage, and it is believed that more information will be released soon.
3. In late June, we will announce Brachiosaurus according to the plan, will not use hollow enamelling technology manufacturing, the specific situation we are still doing analysis, please look forward to.ation we are still doing analysis, please look forward to.

Three colors, but no brown!? Interesting...

dragon53

They also mentioned a Brachiosaur.
I'm happy with my Papo Brachiosaur, but I'm interested if a Nanmu version will have a more colorful paint scheme.

I've read the current Nanmu T- Rex has a standing problem (like the Papo Running T Rex), so I guess I'll buy the stand for the new Nanmu T Rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So anyone want to buy the female Rex with a green color scheme? I happen to have one spare.. joking/not joking.

I'm betting the coloration is green, grey ( like the sideshow rex) and a bronze.  I'm kinda hoping they do a Kenner Red Rex tribute though.

Brachio, in scale would be awesome. We could get the grey female and a more colorful male version.

Carnoking

I would also love to see a sort of "tribute" color scheme. I just hope they don't go off the rails and do something random like they did with their V-rex variant.

Carnoking

Also COME ON! A brachiosaurus?? And I just got the W-dragon Giraffatitan  ::)

SenSx

Absolutely beautiful.
I hope the color will be as dark as shown on those pics, but maybe it is just the lightening.

I was hoping that Nanmu would do more original paint schemes, but I might regret it now because in the end I had decided to pick the movie accurate green version.
If Nanmu makes a badass white/albinos (whith beautiful blue eyes, would be the best) or a black one, choosing which one to get will give me headaches, and I'm not getting 2 of them.
The red would be interesting as well since it seems to exist in some novela.
Hope we don't get just another bronze.
I'm really surprised they're not making a brown version, and Nanmu specifically indicated it, so they know fans want it.
I don't care that much because I alwready own the brown female, but I understand upset fans.

Brachiosaurus, I wasn't sure they'd make one since we alweady got the W-Dragon, unless I'm wrong and that Girafatitan is not exactly the same specie.
But I'm not super excited either.

dragon53

"2. The heavy claw dragon has entered the casting stage and it is believed that more news will be announced soon.
In late June, we will announce Brachiosaurus as planned."

What is the "heavy claw dragon" that Nanmu referred to?

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on May 22, 2021, 12:59:12 AM
"2. The heavy claw dragon has entered the casting stage and it is believed that more news will be announced soon.
In late June, we will announce Brachiosaurus as planned."

What is the "heavy claw dragon" that Nanmu referred to?

Baryonyx means Heavy claw, in refrence to the large fish hook claw on there hands

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: