News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Monitor Lizards

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 18, 2021, 01:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

Does anybody here keep monitor lizards? I have been planning on getting a sand monitor within the next year. I can not wait for this challenge. My best friends keep savannahs and waters, so I'll have lots of help.

Also, I have an uromastyx. Cute little guy.

Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Gwangi

I keep a variety of lizards, but no monitors. I believe avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus keeps monitors though.

Giganotosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on January 18, 2021, 01:04:52 AM
I keep a variety of lizards, but no monitors. I believe avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus keeps monitors though.

Nice, which lizards do you own?
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Lanthanotus

I keep and breed Varanus beccarii for quite some years now and also Lanthanotus borneensis, which for sure is no true monitor lizard.
A friend of mine.  keeps and breeds the sand goanna Varanus gouldii, I "only" know it from extended field studies in Its natural habitat all over Australia. It's my favorite species after the heath goanna Varanus rosenbergi, but I lack the space to keep the species in an acceptable way that allows the animal to behave naturally.

Gwangi

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on January 18, 2021, 01:38:57 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 18, 2021, 01:04:52 AM

Nice, which lizards do you own?

2 Bearded dragons, 2 African fat-tail geckos, giant day gecko, European legless lizard, common chuckwalla, brown anole, and 3 crested geckos.

Giganotosaurus

Lanthanotus that's awesome you work with tree monitors! I hear those are quite a challenge!

Gwangi dang you sure have alot of awesome lizards! I especially love chuckwallas!!

What I love about sand monitors (esp. Goildii Flavi) is that they seem to have the same mannerisms as the argus, but in a smaller package.
Angurius on TohoKingdom

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.