News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Paper Chase

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, October 17, 2012, 09:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

This thread is for paper postings so if you have a citation for an article or paper please fee free to share it here. Even if all you can offer is the abstract, it gives a place for someone to start in getting the information. Just verify your link works, and feel free to add it here. Thanks !!

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

If you like sauropods, this is one serious book  !!!Not cheap either.......
http://www.mediafire.com/view/uqisrswomhu54qo/Biology_of_the_Sauropod_Dinosaurs.pdf

CityRaptor

Is that the complete book? You sure that is legal ?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 30, 2014, 12:28:32 PM
Is that the complete book? You sure that is legal ?
It is the complete book in PDF file format...it was posted in open format on WIKIPALEO on Facebook, for anyone to have. All I did was copy the same link. Wikipaleo is an open source group, that believes all papers, articles and documents should be free access. I get my papers and books there anymore. I would assume because it was openly posted on social media I am not conflicting any laws, however if Dr Admin feels otherwise I will gladly take it down. I do know I bought that book as a hardcover myself so I could make a good argument for having a right to share it. Ha, and by the  way did you ask if it was legal before or after downloading it?
By they way, I do find myself rubbing elbows with Darren Naish and Thomas Holtz, getting papers and documents from this source.

amargasaurus cazaui

Here is the paper for Kulindradromeus. I have not had time to read it yet, so proceed with your own due caution. I also am providing the supplemental material link.

http://ge.tt/8gidUIp1/v/0
Godefroit_etal2014_Kulindadromeus.pdf

supp info:
http://www.sciencemag.org/.../345.6195.../Godefroit.SM.pdf

tyrantqueen

I own the "Biology of the Sauropod Dinosaurs" in hardback, it's interesting, but not easy reading by any means.

One of my favourite papers is James Marsden's Allosaurus fragilis: a revised osteology. The illustration plates of the individual bones are gorgeous. There was a place online to download it but I can't seem to find it any longer.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 02, 2014, 01:49:21 AM
I own the "Biology of the Sauropod Dinosaurs" in hardback, it's interesting, but not easy reading by any means.

One of my favourite papers is James Marsden's Allosaurus fragilis: a revised osteology. The illustration plates of the individual bones are gorgeous. There was a place online to download it but I can't seem to find it any longer.

Did you mean this one?

http://ugspub.nr.utah.gov/publications/bulletins/B-109.pdf

The reason you may not be finding it is, you are spelling his name wrong.

tyrantqueen

Yes, that's the one, thanks. I have it already on my hard drive, but I thought it might be useful to other members to know of its existence.

amargasaurus cazaui

Did everyone miss this?

First Amphibious "Sea Monster" Found; Fills Evolutionary Gap
National Geographic Article

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141105-ichthyosaurs-sea-monsters-dinosaurs-science-fossils/#at_pco=cfd-1.0&at_ab=-&at_pos=6&at_tot=4&at_si=545add8ffa82439d

And for those who like such things, the actual paper.

https://www.mediafire.com/?tuk4hjbye8d0pwz

You are welcome !!!

amargasaurus cazaui

http://128.111.9.106/online/resident/ouellette4/pdf/fulltext.pdf

The Impact of Science Fiction Film on Student Understanding
of Science
Michael Barnett,1,4 Heather Wagner,2 Anne Gatling,1 Janice Anderson,1 Meredith Houle,1

Interesting paper when considering the arguments surrounding the release of several very high profile semi science and science fiction type movies.

Megalosaurus

Hi.
Does anyone have Papers about Desmatosuchus to share?
Thank you.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Newt

I'm trying to find the following paper:

Evans, D. C. and R. R. Reisz. 2004.  Anatomy of Lambeosaurus magnicristatus (Ornithischia: Hadrosauridae).  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 24 (Suppl. 3): 55A.

Thanks!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Newt on October 27, 2016, 08:04:49 PM
I'm trying to find the following paper:

Evans, D. C. and R. R. Reisz. 2004.  Anatomy of Lambeosaurus magnicristatus (Ornithischia: Hadrosauridae).  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 24 (Suppl. 3): 55A.

Thanks!

That's not a paper, it is just an abstract for a presentation at an SVP annual meeting. :) Perhaps the research led to a paper?

Newt

OK, thanks! The same authors published a 2007 paper on this animal, but it cites the 2004 pub, so I thought there was something substantive in it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Newt on October 28, 2016, 06:18:11 PM
OK, thanks! The same authors published a 2007 paper on this animal, but it cites the 2004 pub, so I thought there was something substantive in it.

Nah, it would just be the preliminary findings, pre-publication. Any JVP citation that ends in "A" belongs to the abstract volume.

Newt

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Newt

OK, here's a big one:

Lull, R. S., and N. E. Wright. 1942. Hadrosaurian dinosaurs of North America. Geological Society of America Special Papers 40:1–242.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Newt on November 05, 2016, 07:24:39 PM
OK, here's a big one:

Lull, R. S., and N. E. Wright. 1942. Hadrosaurian dinosaurs of North America. Geological Society of America Special Papers 40:1–242.

PM me your email and I'll send you a PDF :)

Yutyrannus

I would very much appreciate it if someone could get this paper for me :):
Rodrigo A. Otero; Sergio Soto-Acuña; David Rubilar-Rogers; Carolina S. Gutstein (2016). "Kaikaifilu hervei gen. et sp. nov., a new large mosasaur (Squamata, Mosasauridae) from the upper Maastrichtian of Antarctica".

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: