News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, February 01, 2021, 06:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I never thought I'd be starting this thread, but I've bought a Papo figure for the first time, the Ceratosaurus, and now I'm quite interested in what Papo will be making next.  I hope Papo has learnt from their Giganotosaurus to avoid exaggerated poses.  What would you like to see from Papo for 2022?  Here's what I'd like to see:

Kentrosaurus - on all fours, not standing on two legs.
Torvosaurus tanneri - based on the Elvis specimen, NOT coloured like the Dinosaur Revolution one please.  Another good reference could be Scott Hartman's new skeletal: https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/theropods/torvosaurus
Plateosaurus or Riojasaurus - It could be great to have a bipedal sauropodomorph from Papo!  It would need to be bipedal, maybe in a pose similar to the Papo Ceratosaurus.
Skorpiovenator - with vestigial forelimbs, tucked by its side like the Papo Carnotaurus.

Stegotyranno420

I'd love a torvosaurus, and if im lucky, maybe a rajasaurus, and i will also love a dacentrurus, i gotten hope from papo for obscure species after chilesaurus

Sim

Dacentrurus is really fragmentary and its appearance is unknown.  I think it would be better if Papo made a stegosaur with a known appearance e.g. Kentrosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

oh, im sorry. Will Tuojuangasaurus work better?

Sim

Yes, Tuojiangosaurus would be better than Dacentrurus!

suspsy

I would be pleased to see a stegosaur that is obscure, but also known from decent fossil material. Huayangosaurus or Hesperosaurus would be cool.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

what if they do another scientifically accurate/ resculpt of a classic. I believe the next resculpt will be triceratops, as its the most popular dinosaur in papo's catalougue that hasnt gotten a repaint or resculpt. I kind of hope we get a more accurate stegosaurus, but i feel like alot of people on the forum think that a new stegosaurus will be boring, so the next best thing will be a tuojangasaurus.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Gothmog the Baryonyx

PNSO have just done a beautiful Tuoijangosaurus, unless Papo did one with a decent sized neck and proper leg/arm proportions (which I doubt) I wouldn't want one from them. And since apparently they discontinued the Tupuxuara because of it being hard to pronounce, I will not suggest anything hard to pronounce.
But Papo do have some nice figures, and what I would like from them I think are 1. a dire wolf based on you know what, 2. a great auk 3. Talarurus 4. Moschops 5. Torosaurus 6. Eustreptospondylus and 7. Dreadnoughtus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I'd like a paraceratherium from Papo. I love that weird and elusive prehistoric mammal. I have the iToy version but I would like a slightly smaller version as well.

Sim

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 01, 2021, 10:39:43 PM
what if they do another scientifically accurate/ resculpt of a classic. I believe the next resculpt will be triceratops, as its the most popular dinosaur in papo's catalougue that hasnt gotten a repaint or resculpt. I kind of hope we get a more accurate stegosaurus, but i feel like alot of people on the forum think that a new stegosaurus will be boring, so the next best thing will be a tuojangasaurus.

I think they'd repaint Triceratops before resculpting it, right now there doesn't seem to be enough reason to resculpt Triceratops.  There's nothing wrong with wanting Papo to make a new Stegosaurus but again I doubt this is something Papo is planning to do.  Personally I don't see a need for a new Papo Triceratops or Stegosaurus since the newest Wild Safari versions of these two are excellent, plus there's Eofauna's Triceratops too.

Renecito

I want megafauna.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Renecito on February 03, 2021, 04:26:24 PM
I want megafauna.

kidding of course

avatar_Sim @Sim that makes sense. I believe papo had ideas for 2021, but now that most of the big and important ones are taken,or done better, they resorted to a smilodon cub and a cheap mega shark

Carnoking

I've wanted a Jurassic Park style gallimimus from them for years now. It's the only on-screen dinosaur from the first film they haven't tackled at this point, and I think in this day and age Papo is the only company who'd be willing to produce a decent size JP style gallimimus. The only other options that come to mind would be Nanmu, but it would be small and expensive I'm sure, or REBOR, but that doesn't seem like their cup of tea at the moment. The Battat gallimimus is a decent stand in, but...

Irritation

I generally would like to see Papo make at some point;
Corythosaurus
Gallimimus
Edaphosaurus
Terror Bird of any kind
Saurophaganax
Deinonychus
Tuojiangosaurus
Centrosaurus

Shonisaurus

I would like a barosaurus from Papo or a barapasaurus. I do not understand why no known company has made any of these two sauropods to date with the exception of Schleich with the barapasaurus inside it, reasonable remains of both sauropods are known.

By the way, a rajasaurus, majungasaurus or an ichthyovenator would interest me, they are also very poorly represented.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Irritation on March 17, 2021, 03:01:34 AM
I generally would like to see Papo make at some point;
Corythosaurus
Gallimimus
Edaphosaurus
Terror Bird of any kind
Saurophaganax
Deinonychus
Tuojiangosaurus
Centrosaurus

> Saurophaganax
They already have an allosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Since papo only gave us two new models this year, i assume we'll get 3 - 4 in 2022.

I think papo should make an accurate juvenile tyrannosaurus, (a big one would probably be too expensive to make in the current situation, and it'd be good to show tyrannosaur ontogeny and kill nanotyrannus even further) a repainted triceratops and a sinoceratops.

Ikessauro

I would love a year with plenty of dino releases that DO NOT include ANY tyrannosaur.

Give some love to under represented species. Gallimimus in JP style would be cool, like they did with Compy. Less known sauropods would be welcome, as well as paleozoic critters. Maybe a giant amphibian like Prionosuchus or a croc like animal, like Purussaurus would be awesome. But it is very unlikely Papo will go so out of their pop culture niche, so I guess will be stuck with another famous animal. I bet they will make some of the JWD new animals, like Pyroraptor, Deinonychus, Nasutoceratops and so on.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 22, 2021, 02:48:16 PM
I would love a year with plenty of dino releases that DO NOT include ANY tyrannosaur.

Give some love to under represented species. Gallimimus in JP style would be cool, like they did with Compy. Less known sauropods would be welcome, as well as paleozoic critters. Maybe a giant amphibian like Prionosuchus or a croc like animal, like Purussaurus would be awesome. But it is very unlikely Papo will go so out of their pop culture niche, so I guess will be stuck with another famous animal. I bet they will make some of the JWD new animals, like Pyroraptor, Deinonychus, Nasutoceratops and so on.
Tyrannosaurs are just as cool and diverse as other lesser known dinosaur groups, if not more so.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: