News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2021

Started by Takama, February 06, 2021, 05:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

avatar_suspsy @suspsy I got a reply saying "May". Not when in May, but May it seems 👀

andrewsaurus rex

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 12, 2021, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: andrewsaurus on April 03, 2021, 12:34:17 PM
that does look pretty good......but  pre pro's always do.  I hope the production model looks as good. 

Anyone know the dimensions?

12.8 x 3.8 x 7.6 cm (LWH) per MiniZoo
https://www.minizoo.com.au/mojo-smilodon-2021/

Thanks.   About 5 inches long by 3 inches at the shoulder.  Probably look a bit smaller than the Papo Smilodon.  Will be interesting to see how this figure looks in the flesh, er, in the plastic...

Shonisaurus

Magnificent figure. I have not bought Mesozoo for almost a year now but it seems to me that I am going to make the exception when buying that rare figure of an extinct carnivorous mammal. Mojo has done a good job, if he is bigger than his Papo counterpart that means that he will be the most phenomenal of all of his kind made to date. Only remains ... Rebor's.

andrewsaurus rex

I goofed when I made my post......it will probably look a bit SMALLER than the Papo Smilodon, which is about 6 inches long and nearly 3 inches at the shoulder, in a crouch.  There probably won't be much of a size difference between them but I would guess the Papo will look to be the larger animal. This is assuming the manu's quoted dimensions are accurate..

Shonisaurus

Quote from: andrewsaurus on April 13, 2021, 12:41:06 PM
I goofed when I made my post......it will probably look a bit SMALLER than the Papo Smilodon, which is about 6 inches long and nearly 3 inches at the shoulder, in a crouch.  There probably won't be much of a size difference between them but I would guess the Papo will look to be the larger animal. This is assuming the manu's quoted dimensions are accurate..

On the other hand, what size of Papo smilodon do you mean, the first version or the second, that is, the tawny smilodon of Papo I suppose it will be the second version since it is much smaller and the prehistoric mammal figures of Mojo do not stand out much for its size except for the deinotherium.

andrewsaurus rex

I mean the one without the mane.....i'm not sure which order they were released. 

So, it's my belief that the new Mojo figure will look a bit smaller than the Papo Smilodon figure which doesn't have a mane..

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on April 13, 2021, 11:06:58 AM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy I got a reply saying "May". Not when in May, but May it seems 👀
I haven't bought a Mojo in over two years, but I "may" (pun intended) have to acquire this one.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: andrewsaurus on April 23, 2021, 11:59:22 AM
I mean the one without the mane.....i'm not sure which order they were released. 

So, it's my belief that the new Mojo figure will look a bit smaller than the Papo Smilodon figure which doesn't have a mane..

Well then it will be of a more acceptable size, although everything we discussed is only an assumption. You have to see the prototype in photography, video and have it in our respective collections. He is the most attractive figure of that prehistoric carnivorous feline made to date and is only surpassed by his Rebor counterpart from my point of view.

That it's a little smaller than expected doesn't traumatize me anyway, I see that that Mojo smilodon is great and I would honestly be worried if it wouldn't be on my shelves in the near future. Magnificent figure.

andrewsaurus rex

if scale is important to you, I am guessing the Mojo figure will be about 1/18 scale for a Smilodon populator, which was the largest of the 3  Smilodon species.  Of course, it can represent the other 2 species as well (gracilis and fatalis) in larger scales.  From smallest to largest the three Smilodon species were: S gracilis about the size of a leopard, S. fatalis about the size of a good sized lion but with a heavier build and S. populator which was about 4 feet at the shoulder and was larger than the largest tigers alive today.

Here's an approx. size chart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilodon#/media/File:Wiki_Smilodon_Size.png

suspsy

Minizoo says that the Smilodon is expected in July.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 21, 2021, 03:56:32 AM
Minizoo says that the Smilodon is expected in July.

With me, Minizoo will have a buyer's insurance. Thanks for the info.

SidB

Quote from: andrewsaurus on April 24, 2021, 12:16:24 PM
if scale is important to you, I am guessing the Mojo figure will be about 1/18 scale for a Smilodon populator, which was the largest of the 3  Smilodon species.  Of course, it can represent the other 2 species as well (gracilis and fatalis) in larger scales.  From smallest to largest the three Smilodon species were: S gracilis about the size of a leopard, S. fatalis about the size of a good sized lion but with a heavier build and S. populator which was about 4 feet at the shoulder and was larger than the largest tigers alive today.

Here's an approx. size chart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilodon#/media/File:Wiki_Smilodon_Size.png
Thanks, A @andrewsaurus . 1/18 makes this a useful addition to a roughly 1/20 scale Cenozoic collection.

andrewsaurus rex

well i'm guesstimating the size so we need to wait until it's released and in someone's hand to be certain; but I think there's a good chance that it will be 1/18-1/20 scale.  Hope so, I've got a 1/18-ish  s. gracilis (ania smilodon) and s. fatalis (safari smilodon) so it would be nice to round it out with s. populator.

SidB

Yes, A @andrewsaurus , it makes sense to take a chance on this piece, because we get so few prehistoric mammals and also because Mojo has a good track record with its Cenozoic mammals. Preliminary pics indicate a fine looking product.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Quote from: triceratops83 on July 18, 2021, 11:09:16 PM
Minizoo has the Smilodon.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/mojo-smilodon-2021/?mc_cid=af23fde4f5&mc_eid=935918c3bb

I really hope they don't sell out before they get the remaining CollectA toys in sometime next month!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Shonisaurus

Will it be available soon in a store in Europe, that is to say in the EU? It is a very beautiful prehistoric mammal and perhaps one of the best of its kind along with that of Rebor.

Everything_Dinosaur

The Mojo Fun Smilodon will be in stock avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur in the next few weeks or so.  Glad to hear that this Smilodon is being well received.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 19, 2021, 11:06:40 AM
The Mojo Fun Smilodon will be in stock avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur in the next few weeks or so.  Glad to hear that this Smilodon is being well received.
avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur will this be around the same time as the second batch of CollectA? I'd buy it with them if so. Same if any f the PNSOs I am interested in arrives same time.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: