News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SPANISH vintage dinosaur collections from 50s to 90s (a few MORE new!)

Started by Duna, July 15, 2021, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I may have come across a few of those while I lived in Caracas. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Truly fascinating.

Duna

Thank you for your pics, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter ! I do have one of the bagged Danone but not any of the carded. But I still remmember I got mine when I was a child in the carded versions.
Some other colour variants, too. I also have one light brown-beige tyrannosaurus like yours but I would like to have a brown stegosaurus I saw once in a web but it had been sold.
You are very lucky to have the Cigarral set, too. That rhamphorrhynchus is very very rare.
About the Salvat, yes some are really interesting versions of the originals. But not easy to find.
avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden I'm glad that this brought you good memories!
Thank you avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum and that article about the biscuits is really funny! I buy them for my children but I also eat them sometimes and I remember my chilhood breakfasts and fights with the dinos. Just as my girls do now.  ^-^ When one comes broken in pieces (very common because I think in the supermarket they play football with the boxes) we call them "dino puzzles". So when opening a package, for example: "I got a Protoceratops, a Stegosaurus and a t-rex and triceratops "puzzles". ;D It's also funny to put them together.

Blackdanter

I have most of the 1989 Yolanda figures Duna (just missing the Brachiosaurus).

There do seem to be two sets of moldings in this group. The Rex, Stegosaurus and Brontosaurus alternative moldings are slightly smaller. I wonder whether Yolanda retooled for the Cabosaurios release?

The size differences show when you compare figures:

There are other differences between the moldings as well, The Stegosaurus has chunky, tree trunk legs in the larger molding and slighter, more detailed legs in the smaller molding.

The differences in the Rex mainly appear to be molding faults. On the two smaller figures I have, they are both missing a claw from the left arm, a claw from the right leg and the tails are shorter than the larger figure which also seems to be a molding fault. Both of these figures are grey versions, one with a violet back and one with an orange back. When I got the first of these I initially assumed that it was damaged but a later obtained figure is identical in this respect.

Duna

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 30, 2022, 11:11:09 AMI have most of the 1989 Yolanda figures Duna (just missing the Brachiosaurus).

OH MY GOD, you got the super elusive pteranodon?? I've searching for it for years! I got one for a collector friend, however. You are so lucky!

By the way, those are lovely colours of the Cabosaurios, the brownish tones are pretty cool. I didn't know that Yolanda retooled the molds and made them a bit smaller and with those slight differences in the legs. The tyrannosauruses are suuper freaky adorable figures and quite large, sure they were nice toys.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Duna on June 30, 2022, 12:40:26 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on June 30, 2022, 11:11:09 AMI have most of the 1989 Yolanda figures Duna (just missing the Brachiosaurus).

OH MY GOD, you got the super elusive pteranodon?? I've searching for it for years! I got one for a collector friend, however. You are so lucky!

By the way, those are lovely colours of the Cabosaurios, the brownish tones are pretty cool. I didn't know that Yolanda retooled the molds and made them a bit smaller and with those slight differences in the legs. The tyrannosauruses are suuper freaky adorable figures and quite large, sure they were nice toys.

I had no idea it was that rare Duna. It came from Snertus way back when he first started selling on Ebay, I love this set, they're easily in my top 5 vintage figure sets.  ;)

Duna

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 01, 2022, 12:57:46 PMI had no idea it was that rare Duna. It came from Snertus way back when he first started selling on Ebay, I love this set, they're easily in my top 5 vintage figure sets.  ;)
Believe me, it's super rare. Those 1989 figures (out of the Cabosaurios) were not very common (or are all destroyed by now). The only pteranodon I had in my hands was for a friend collector. And since that I've never seen any. I do have the Jurassic Park 1992 keyring that they made for the film and it's inspired the same sculpt but smaller.

playpurplepiano

hi avatar_Duna @Duna ! Thank you for your comprehensive list with photos!! I have shown a photo of miniland minis collection to my partner and he cried of joy — the beloved lost childhood toy he was unable to identify and find for years was there. It was camptosaurus!! Now there's hope to finally find it

playpurplepiano

Also, if anyone is able to help me in acquiring one — any help is appreciated!

Duna

Quote from: playpurplepiano on February 23, 2024, 07:26:48 PMhi avatar_Duna @Duna ! Thank you for your comprehensive list with photos!! I have shown a photo of miniland minis collection to my partner and he cried of joy — the beloved lost childhood toy he was unable to identify and find for years was there. It was camptosaurus!! Now there's hope to finally find it
Oh, that's so charming! By the way, which camptosaurus was, the smaller yellow and green or the slightly larger that is brownish?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blackdanter

Hi Duna,

Do you recognise or know anything about these LU biscuit premiums? I suspect that they're European issue, possibly Spain or France.

I also have these mini Safari Volvic premiums so probably issued in France but you may have seen them?

Were you still looking for some Dinowaurs figures? I've found several bags of them but just need to sort through them.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 14, 2024, 02:04:27 PM

That one in the upper right quadrant in front of the trees is intriguing. It sort of looks like it could be a gorgonopsid, which would be unusual for the era. There's a photo of it in DeMarco's Dinosauriana, too, but it's pretty grotty and hard to make out. Are these identified in any way?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 17, 2024, 08:47:37 PMThat one in the upper right quadrant in front of the trees is intriguing. It sort of looks like it could be a gorgonopsid, which would be unusual for the era. There's a photo of it in DeMarco's Dinosauriana, too, but it's pretty grotty and hard to make out. Are these identified in any way?

Hi Halichoeres. Not identified in any way I'm afraid. The one you mention, I've always assumed to be Iguanodon. It might help if someone stumbled upon some original packaging or promotional material I suppose. I did help out quite a lot with Dinosauriana but I don't think I ever passed over the LU material as I had no context to offer. I'm credited as John Tucker for the majority of information passed over to Joe but we lost touch when I decided to pause collecting overtly to concentrate on other things.

Halichoeres

Aha, thank you for the close-up! I took the foliage dangling from its mouth to be fangs. Could be an Iguanodon, although it would be unusual for an Iguanodon of the era to not be bipedal! And are those little spikes on its shoulder? What a curious figure!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.