News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What's on your prehistoric wish list?

Started by Rexy, July 17, 2021, 10:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

Which prehistoric animals would you most like to add to your collection. I'd like to add Callovosaurus, Siats, Suchomimus, Tapejara and Compsognathus to mine.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

I would like a turiosaurus, sarmientosaurus, diplocaulus and a uintatherium that surpasses its collecta counterpart in genius.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
Nothosaurus

Yeah, this one is weirdly ignored considering it's quite well-known and features in all sorts of kids books. I'd take anything in the family: Brevicaudosaurus, Ceresiosaurus, Lariosaurus...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Psittacoraptor

My biggest wish would be high-quality figures of Palaeozoic and Cenozoic fauna, e.g. Opabinia, Tiktaalik, Diplocaulus, Anomalocaris, Titanis, Paraceratherium etc.

From the Cenozoic I'd like to see more pterosaurs and marine fauna. My dream would be a life-size Anurognathus.

When it comes to dinosaurs, give me more feathered ones.

Reuben03

a small fat cuddly Dimetrodon Teutonis plush would be nice!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Libraraptor

I would like to see any species represented as a toy. Any species that has not been repeated endlessly like T.rex or the whole bunch of boring Ceratopsians. How about a Scutellosaurus, an Euparkeria, a new Procynosuchus for example?

Irritation

Mainly more Ornithopods, Some Ornithomimids, and more unique species.

Shonisaurus

Archelon ... the great forgotten except for Japanese dinosaur companies except for Japanese companies, there is no figure with an acceptable size in western companies, Collecta's archelon is insufficient in size. It is still a giant turtle ... it does not differ much from the current ones, but I would like a figure of that marine reptile acceptable by Collecta to give an example that would accompany its counterpart from Favorite.

indohyus

More of the smaller early Cenozoic mammals. Actually anything from that epochs, from Leptictidium toPurussusaurus

JPuggy

Quote from: Reuben03 on August 18, 2021, 07:37:34 PM

I completely agree

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: indohyus on September 06, 2021, 07:07:27 PM
More of the smaller early Cenozoic mammals. Actually anything from that epochs, from Leptictidium toPurussusaurus

I second this, I would love to see some more representation for Paleocene-Eocene fauna. Someone please make me a decent pantodont!
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Reuben03

Quote from: JPuggy on September 15, 2021, 03:20:28 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on August 18, 2021, 07:37:34 PM

I completely agree
yeah! it's the smallest dimetrodon so, it could be made in 1:1 scale!

Duck

Probably Siats, a Sauurophaganax that's not in a weird pose, a definitive Allosaurus, Andesaurus, Mapusaurus, and Gigantospinosaurus.
He who dwells in pond

Reuben03

Quote from: Duck on September 28, 2021, 01:05:28 PM
Probably Siats, a Sauurophaganax that's not in a weird pose, a definitive Allosaurus, Andesaurus, Mapusaurus, and Gigantospinosaurus.

there's a couple half decent sega ones!

Bread

I think PNSO's and especially Safari's Allosaurus are quite good. You also have Mesozoo's Allosaurus. Yes there are some errors but this genus has quite a few good ones.

Duck

Quote from: Bread on September 28, 2021, 03:26:17 PM
I think PNSO's and especially Safari's Allosaurus are quite good. You also have Mesozoo's Allosaurus. Yes there are some errors but this genus has quite a few good ones.
Yeah I have the Safari Allosaurus, but I do wish it was a bit bigger and had some more crisp detail.
He who dwells in pond

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: