News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on January 15, 2022, 07:18:42 PM
I asked Lana if we'd be SOL if the Brach arrived damaged, even with the DHL shipping.
They told me the package was insured and if it arrives with any damages, then we would get compensated and Lana would honor a refund.

And with that, I continued with my order. It's already an expensive piece, so I'm not thrilled about this approach, but it's also gearing up to be a rather rare one. Figured if I didn't want to keep it, I'm sure someone else would - and I'd be more than happy to package it properly, unlike the manufacturer.

At least we have some coverage. I think it shows they are trying to work with this situation.  Nanmu hasn't posted anything about the situation yet : https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Bread

I am really glad I avoided purchasing the standing Brachiosaurus with these breaking in transit issues happening; however, it is a beautiful figure that I honestly want. Oh well... the standard version will definitely hold me over.

nnq2603

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJLk5g_XdF4

He mentioned another flaw in design/measurement of the base which make the dino quite unstable and easy to fall.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: nnq2603 on January 18, 2022, 04:25:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJLk5g_XdF4

He mentioned another flaw in design/measurement of the base which make the dino quite unstable and easy to fall.

Epoxy the feet into the base, attach the base to a nice larger wood base. Done and secure..assuming your pets can avoid or the odd clumsy person lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu just posted this statement/offer :

QuoteWe are sorry for the problems caused by the transportation of the standing Brachiosaurus statue, but we have been discussing these issues with the factory recently.
For all fans who have bought the standing Brachiosaurus statue, we give away a holographic Brachiosaurus made of PU resin for free. They will be sent to merchants along with the new Parasaurolophus.
We will strengthen the supervision of packing work in the future. I hope to have your understanding.

Flaffy

I wonder why the rearing Brachiosaurus was made with resin in the first place. Surely making it in PVC like all the other figures would make it more durable?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Flaffy on January 22, 2022, 06:10:54 AM
I wonder why the rearing Brachiosaurus was made with resin in the first place. Surely making it in PVC like all the other figures would make it more durable?

The high-end market for collectors is made of "resin" statue not pvc.
If a brand plans to reach a specific market segment then it needs to conform to some standards.
The main problem wasn't about pvc vs resin: the problem was about packaging.
A resin figure into a cheap packaging means a disaster..
Resin figures are far more detailed than pvc and more durable over time than pvc.
They are just more fragile during transportation.
And they must be displayed more carefully than pvc toys.
That's all.

:)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah they did a couple resin pieces before or at least partial ones, like the dead parasaur carcass I think will be resin?  The problem here was size, weight, and yes packaging.  They just weren't prepared for the issues or did the proper testing.

My standing one still hasn't shipped from Lana and I'm wondering if they didn't receive enough unbroken ones? Or they are trying to pack it better and still make it within the prepaid amount? idk.

Carnoking

I did bite the bullet and go through with my pre-order for the rearing option but I too am waiting for it to ship. That being said, how do we go about claiming this holographic version should ours show up damaged?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2022, 02:26:47 PM
I did bite the bullet and go through with my pre-order for the rearing option but I too am waiting for it to ship. That being said, how do we go about claiming this holographic version should ours show up damaged?

It sounds like Nanmu will ship retailers a quantity of them and they will disperse them to whoever bought one of the standing versions?

Carnoking

After further reflection, it's nice to see Nanmu addressing the situation in some way. That being said, I'm not sure this is necessarily the answer. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't really have a use for a "holographic" version, and that goes double for something of this size. I don't even know where I'm going to put the two painted versions (assuming the rearing one shows up either in one piece or is salvageable if not), so a third version to make up for a broken one seems a bit silly. Not to mention, it would be a very poor substitute if your rearing one shows up and can't be saved. I sure wouldn't be happy if I put the money down for one of the rearing ones and all I got out of the situation was this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2022, 01:18:56 AM
After further reflection, it's nice to see Nanmu addressing the situation in some way. That being said, I'm not sure this is necessarily the answer. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't really have a use for a "holographic" version, and that goes double for something of this size. I don't even know where I'm going to put the two painted versions (assuming the rearing one shows up either in one piece or is salvageable if not), so a third version to make up for a broken one seems a bit silly. Not to mention, it would be a very poor substitute if your rearing one shows up and can't be saved. I sure wouldn't be happy if I put the money down for one of the rearing ones and all I got out of the situation was this.

I'm in agreement. While it is nice they are sorry I just have no use really for this piece.  I'm also wondering who will pay shipping to get this to us.  I can guarantee the Para will be cheaper to ship minus it so I might even just deny accepting it. They do make it sound like as long as you ordered the standing version and you order a Para you will get one of these regardless of if it was damaged or not.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Comparison pics for the Brach

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Do you have a photo of only the Papo Brachiosaurus next to the Nanmu Brachiosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 23, 2022, 06:01:42 AM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Do you have a photo of only the Papo Brachiosaurus next to the Nanmu Brachiosaurus?

closest i have

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks, I have the Papo version which has great skin texture detail, but its bland color is a negative. The Nanmu version looks a lot better and bigger.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: dragon53 on January 23, 2022, 07:11:30 AM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks, I have the Papo version which has great skin texture detail, but its bland color is a negative. The Nanmu version looks a lot better and bigger.

Papo Brachiosaurus is stated at 1:45 while Nanmu should be at 1:35 (same as W-Dragon Giraffatitan and Tamiya Brachiosaurus).

:)

JohannesB

I find it remarkable how much the 'old' Carnegie Safari Brachiosaurus still holds his own against the competition. I don't have one myself, but I would not mind owning one and displaying it alongside newest reconstructions (either 'scientifically accurate' or not).

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love they all look to reacting to different things. The Nanmu is all "aloof" and trying to look cool.  The Carnegie is surprised and the Papo is excited like a happy juvenile animal.. lol

The Tamiya seems to be just a bit taller than the Nanmu. I don't have the WDragon Giraffititan as of yet.

My Carnegie Brach has been with me since I was really little, a gift from my grandmother she bought on a Disney trip.  I know as some are curious it's weight feels about the same as the Nanmu even being a bit larger.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2022, 05:32:13 PM
I love they all look to reacting to different things. The Nanmu is all "aloof" and trying to look cool.  The Carnegie is surprised and the Papo is excited like a happy juvenile animal.. lol

The Tamiya seems to be just a bit taller than the Nanmu. I don't have the WDragon Giraffititan as of yet.

My Carnegie Brach has been with me since I was really little, a gift from my grandmother she bought on a Disney trip.  I know as some are curious it's weight feels about the same as the Nanmu even being a bit larger.

... as the Schleich one bows its head in shame and contempt.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: