News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Can anyone give reviews of:

1. Nanmu vs. Papo Brachiosaurs

2. Nanmu vs. Papo Stegosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 23, 2022, 08:41:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2022, 05:32:13 PM
I love they all look to reacting to different things. The Nanmu is all "aloof" and trying to look cool.  The Carnegie is surprised and the Papo is excited like a happy juvenile animal.. lol

The Tamiya seems to be just a bit taller than the Nanmu. I don't have the WDragon Giraffititan as of yet.

My Carnegie Brach has been with me since I was really little, a gift from my grandmother she bought on a Disney trip.  I know as some are curious it's weight feels about the same as the Nanmu even being a bit larger.

... as the Schleich one bows its head in shame and contempt.

Definitely looks angry about something.. lol

dragon53

I have a question about Lana Time Shop shipping-----a few months ago, I ordered the Nanmu T-Rex Future King and the Nanmu Apatosaurus and the standard shipping total was about $3.73.

Now I was about to order the Nanmu Walking Brachiosaurus and Nanmu Stegosaurus and the shipping was around $33---about 10 times more than my previous order

Anyone else encounter higher standard shipping?

Bread

The Brachiosaurus is an absolute unit of a figure. Super large compared to the Apatosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. Most likely the reason for the high shipping price. All retailers seem to be having this figure at a high shipping price, even Aliexpress.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 28, 2022, 01:46:31 AM
The Brachiosaurus is an absolute unit of a figure. Super large compared to the Apatosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. Most likely the reason for the high shipping price. All retailers seem to be having this figure at a high shipping price, even Aliexpress.

This exactly. The box is so big or long i guess it makes it very hard to keep the rates low and its heavy.   I've also read that shipping rates have gone up again so thats also part of it.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2022, 02:53:00 AM
Quote from: Bread on January 28, 2022, 01:46:31 AM

This exactly. The box is so big or long i guess it makes it very hard to keep the rates low and its heavy.   I've also read that shipping rates have gone up again so thats also part of it.
You are also right, shipping rates have gone up especially for large packages like this Brachiosaurus.

dragon53

GUYS:

Thanks for the info.

Bigbadtoystores had the Nanmu Brachiosaurus for about $12.88 cheaper, but it's on preorder and their Nanmu T-Rex Future king is also still on preorder and they've sold out of the Nanmu Stegosaurus.
Also, I live in Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World", and today I heard an oil expert say the price of oil is going to skyrocket later this year (thanks to El Presidente) so I figured vinyl/plastic prices and gas is also going to increase, so I ordered the Brachiosaurus and Stegosaurus from Lana Time Shop.

$191.48---ouch! :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 28, 2022, 06:04:48 AM
GUYS:

Thanks for the info.

Bigbadtoystores had the Nanmu Brachiosaurus for about $12.88 cheaper, but it's on preorder and their Nanmu T-Rex Future king is also still on preorder and they've sold out of the Nanmu Stegosaurus.
Also, I live in Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World", and today I heard an oil expert say the price of oil is going to skyrocket later this year (thanks to El Presidente) so I figured vinyl/plastic prices and gas is also going to increase, so I ordered the Brachiosaurus and Stegosaurus from Lana Time Shop.

$191.48---ouch! :o

BBTS would, eventually get them in...well more than likely. It just seems to always take them longer.   What you have to figure there is taxes and shipping, sometimes the taxes out weigh the 4.00 shipping fee.

I bought the Walkin and Standing Brachio and paid EMS on one and DHL on the other.  I think mine was closer to 400.00 for two figures. So don't feel bad. lol

There is always talk of oil/gas prices going up..they blame everyone and everything..been hearing it since I was old enough to listen to the news/adult gossip.  Oil talk is whole other conversation I won't derail this thread with ;)

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

The Bigbadtoystore $12.88 savings was the delivered price compared to Lana Time's delivered price. I got my Nanmu Future King from Lana Time Shop a long time ago, but Bigbadtoystore still has it preorder, so their Brachiosaurus could be months away.

Did you get both of your Nanmu Brachiosaurs from Lana Time?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 28, 2022, 06:38:27 AM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

The Bigbadtoystore $12.88 savings was the delivered price compared to Lana Time's delivered price. I got my Nanmu Future King from Lana Time Shop a long time ago, but Bigbadtoystore still has it preorder, so their Brachiosaurus could be months away.

Did you get both of your Nanmu Brachiosaurs from Lana Time?

That was my point. You pay a little more for faster service.  Yeah I ordered both from Lana.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I went ahead and ordered the Brachiosaur and Stegosaur from Lana Time----they've increased the Future King by $7 since I ordered mine. More increases in prices and shipping may be in the future.

Aliexpress shipping on the Nanmu Brachiosaurus is over $85.

need4swede

- Swede

Carnoking

Really like that variant of the brach. Wish they had led with that!

Pliosaurking

Can't wait for both of them

Bread

Ughhhh.... Nanmu had to do it to us...
I wanted the JP3 colorscheme for the Brachiosaurus and my initial thought was they wouldn't produce one.

I recently parted with my Spinosaurus by Nanmu, hopefully this new one will be an improvement in pose as that was the only thing that kind of was "meh" about their cutrent one.

Carnoking

I'll need to see the Spinosaurus posed and painted before I'm interested. Overall, this one just seems "stockier" than the original but I'm still quite happy with Supplanter. Plus, I already have the W-Dragon offering for a beefier JP3 Spinosaurus, so I'd be hard pressed to pick up a 3rd version of that design.

Carnoking

In other news, that post came with the pre-order launch of the paras. The two standing variants are 75 a pop and the resin carcass is 105.
They're also planning to make a pteranodon and are asking fans what else they'd like to see in the new year. I'd personally take an updated indominus over an updated spino but we'll see what they land on.

Takama

I Suggested to them to make a JWD Giganotosaurus.

And Yet Someone had the Guts to claim that They already had a Giga When they Have TWO REXS AND NOW TWO SPINOS ::)

SenSx

A new Spinosaurus ?
Interesting.
I'm alwready pleased with the supplanter, I just wonder what will be the alternative color this time.

Over9K

Honestly, I don't see the need for a new Spino, unless they plan on a very dynamic pose. Supplanter is the one to have currently, IMO...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: