News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, November 17, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Papo Therizinosaurus, 2018. Just now I realized 2018 was one of the most productive years for Papo. Quite a few models.

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Papo Limited Edition Spinosaurus 2019

Ikessauro

Papo Stegosaurus repaint for 2019. Interestingly it looks way more yellowish in person than I anticipated from the catalog shots. The contrast between red and brown in the original paint job witht he more white background was quite cool. There was also a light brownish wash over the prototype. The final product I might say is a bit disappointing.

Ikessauro

Papo Brown Running T.rex 2019 Edition

Ikessauro

This concludes my now complete Papo collection, as far as I can tell.  :)) Just waiting on the 2020 models now.

EmperorDinobot

Ikessauro

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 04, 2020, 06:16:19 PM
Wait, Papo had mini toobs?
Yep! BTW, the first time Giganotosaurus was made by Papo was for one of the tubes

Ikessauro

My first and only Sideshow model. The Brachiosaurus Christmas Ornament.

Ikessauro

Next on the line, my collection of Bilinski Art Models, sculpted by Brazilian artist Guilherme Bilinski. All of them are made of resin and hand painted by the artist. Bilinski usually does runs of about 30 pieces for each model, although lately he's done larger batches of newer pieces. Nevertheless, his sculptures are quite limited, so, when he releases a new one, it tends to sell out quickly.

His first model ever produced for sale was this T.rex, around 2014

Also released in 2014, his second model, Carcharodontosaurus

Later in 2014 he released two more models, one of them being a new Tyrannosaurus rex, inspired in the Jurassic Park design for the creature. I asked him to make a paint job based on the description of the animal in the Jurassic Park novel, kind of dry blood color.

And the other 2014 piece was his incredible Oxalaia quilombensis, already inspired in the Ibrahim paper on Spinosaurus, depicting Oxalaia with shorter hind limbs and webbed feet.

SidB

Such a wonderful talent - do you know if he has an upcoming release?

Ikessauro

Quote from: SidB on April 08, 2020, 01:46:08 PM
Such a wonderful talent - do you know if he has an upcoming release?

His most recent piece is an Acrocanthosaurus eating a carcass. I'm not sure if he has already sold out or not. Guilherme sells his pieces through Facebook and Instagram. If you are on either of those you might want to follow his pages to keep informed on new releases.

SidB

Thanks. It will be interesting to compare his interpretation to the Rebor Acro and it's prey.

Ikessauro

Continuing with the Bilinski pieces, the next one I got from him was a very limited 2017 release. A Pycnonemosaurus bust, limited to about 10 copies. He had sculpted this for a paleoart contest held at the Brazilian Paleontology Congress that year. He won third place in the contest with this piece. After that, he decided to release this limited run of 10 pieces, and I was lucky enough to grab one for myself. The color scheme was also a custom choice of mine. So here's it, enjoy!

After that Guilherme launched a new line, the Ancient Kingdom Collection. First in this new line of 1:30 scale models, is Saurophaganax.

The second model in the Ancient Kingdom series, Momma Paras, a female Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus with two babies

Number three in the set is Roberta, Rexy as seen on JP. The original release consisted of about 30 units, but later due to high demand Bilinski made a second wave for international customers. Then, after that a smaller run was produced with a few updates to the sculpt. I'm glad I manage to grab the more exclusive version, from the later run. Not only for the exclusivity, but the model has a more interesting pose, more curved down neck and repositioned leg.

NÂș 4 was Stegosaurus stenops

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: