News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like the colors of the tyrannosaurus, I always envision them with some sort of red marings.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

copper

seismosaurus repainted (kabaya)
-commission
-you can see better photos in postsaurischian's thread

alexeratops

'sputter' how do you do so.......?!?!?! 'faint' :o
like a bantha!

Ikessauro

Excellent work Copper! I just bought some acrylics and will try my skills soon. By the way, have you ever finished that tutorial on painting you said you were doing? I'm looking everywhere for more info and tips and that would help a lot.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 14, 2013, 02:15:12 PM
Excellent work Copper! I just bought some acrylics and will try my skills soon. By the way, have you ever finished that tutorial on painting you said you were doing? I'm looking everywhere for more info and tips and that would help a lot.
She already posted a tutorial a while back on the old forum. Have you seen it?

copper

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 14, 2013, 03:58:34 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on August 14, 2013, 02:15:12 PM
She already posted a tutorial a while back on the old forum. Have you seen it?

the old one is really outdated now, but i am in the middle of doing the new one, it takes a bit time since i have a lot of paint jobs to do.. but i promise i'll show it here when it's finished! : )
shane foulkes' torvosaurus is the model i am painting for the tutorial.

copper

koolasuchus (dan's dinosaurs)
-personal piece

kosmoceratops (saurozoic collection, david krentz)
-commission
-color scheme from steve riojas' paintjob on krentz einiosaurus (requested): link

i've got one more personal piece, uploading it a bit later, and one commission piece but i'll let postsaurischian take photos of that one.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Amazing, as usual-I especially love the color scheme on the kosmoceratops.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Hellraptor

Is it Acrylis you use to paint your dinosaurs ? The T.rex looks really striking must i say but i really dig all your customs :)
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

copper

Quote from: Hellraptor on September 24, 2013, 05:27:18 PM
Is it Acrylis you use to paint your dinosaurs ? The T.rex looks really striking must i say but i really dig all your customs :)

yes i use acrylics to paint them : )

Hellraptor

yes i use acrylics to paint them : )

Ah i see, well you inspire me to paint my upcoming papos aswell in better colurs :)
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

copper

postsaurischian's photos of the deinonychus i did for him:

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2013, 02:17:38 PM

>  Shapeways 1:15 Deinonychus by Aaron Doyle    >>  painted by copper :)!

postsaurischian

What a beautiful model ;D!!!

Almost all of my Aaron Doyle models are painted by copper.
Anybody else recognized the relation between the two names Noora and Aaron :)?

Blade-of-the-Moon

That is one beautiful model ! I'm a big fan of orange and black color patterns as well.  Excellent job !

mammoth

Wow Copper I just came across this thread and am blown away by your awesome painting skills!  Truly some of the best dino paints I have ever seen, I've been looking through the pages in this thread and they have been inspiring. 

I see you use acrylics but would you be able to share the brand of varnish or sealant you use to finish off your pieces?  Whenever I use a sealant there is always a bit of sheen even if it says matte, your models seem to have a very nice non-shiny finish to them.  It would be great to know what sealant you use to achieve this nice matte look....thanks!

copper

Quote from: mammoth on October 09, 2013, 04:28:13 PM
Wow Copper I just came across this thread and am blown away by your awesome painting skills!  Truly some of the best dino paints I have ever seen, I've been looking through the pages in this thread and they have been inspiring. 

I see you use acrylics but would you be able to share the brand of varnish or sealant you use to finish off your pieces?  Whenever I use a sealant there is always a bit of sheen even if it says matte, your models seem to have a very nice non-shiny finish to them.  It would be great to know what sealant you use to achieve this nice matte look....thanks!

thank you!

i too have noticed that sheen with most acrylic matte varnishes i've come across. the brand i use is Winsor & Newton's Galeria matt varnish, it's truly matte and the best varnish i've used.

mammoth

Quote from: copper on October 10, 2013, 03:58:52 PM
thank you!

i too have noticed that sheen with most acrylic matte varnishes i've come across. the brand i use is Winsor & Newton's Galeria matt varnish, it's truly matte and the best varnish i've used.

Thanks Copper, I'll have to give that a try!

copper

these two i did a while ago but just now took photos..
they're both personal pieces.

and few commissions:

carnegie giganotosaurus
-color scheme from this (requested): link

safari dracorex
-color scheme from this (requested): link
(original phot can be found here: link)

collecta smilodon
-color scheme from primeval (requested): link

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: