News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Jennie the Centrosaurus

Anthony the Styracosaurus

Essien the Spinosaurus (New painting)

Lu Xiong the Zhuchengtyrannus

XiaoQin the Tsintaosaurus.

Aubrey & Dabei the Torosaurus

Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus

Xinchuan the Sinraptor

Chuanchuan the Lingwulong

Chongzuo the Sinopliosaurus

Jacques the Deinocheirus

Qingge the Therizinosaurus

Thabo the Suchomimus
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Finally! A non-articulated Centrosaurus figure since... how long has it been?

suspsy

Jennie looks very nice indeed, but as with everything PNSO, her price tag will be the deciding factor.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

paleochris

Can someone explain to me if the horn is convex or concave for centrosaurus? Why did they choose it concave? I thought it was einiosaurus that had this type of horn.

In any case, a nice little ceratopsian in the line of the previous ones!

Flaffy

Quote from: paleochris on January 05, 2022, 12:21:36 PM
Can someone explain to me if the horn is convex or concave for centrosaurus? Why did they choose it concave? I thought it was einiosaurus that had this type of horn.

In any case, a nice little ceratopsian in the line of the previous ones!

All of the skulls below are assigned to Centrosaurus

paleochris

Thank you very much! What is the reason for this evolution of the horn? It curves with the age of the animal? sexual dimorphism?

To come back to the figurine, I find the color scheme very good, neutral and sober on the body, and some colored touches on the crest, it's the image I have of this type of animals!

SidB

To me, the mention of a 64 page manual indicates that she won't be cheap.

SRF

Oh boy, here we go again. :)

It almost looks like this one will have an articulated jaw as well, but I think it would be mentioned if that was the case. I probably like the colors of this one more than on any other ceratopsian from PNSO, but since it will be quite small I don't think it will be worth its price.

Also I see this is number 60 in the line. Since we haven't got number 54, 58 and 59 yet, PNSO will probably expand this line even further yet again.
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Jennie looks great, although brown yet again, but at least with some blue on the frill this time.

Quote from: SidB on January 05, 2022, 12:48:53 PM

All new figures come with a 64 page manual. The Ankylosaurus repaint comes with one, and the price is the same as the old version. The Cretoxyrhina comes with a manual and a poster for 22.99. I'm guessing this Centrosaurus will be 22.99 or 30.99, it's a small figure.

Skorpio V.

I love the colour scheme! Blues and browns just work for ceratopsians IMO.

There's something throwing me off about the sculpt though. I think the head is too small but I think there might be more to it than that?
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Flaffy on January 05, 2022, 12:12:06 PM
Finally! A non-articulated Centrosaurus figure since... how long has it been?
Agreed we should gotten one years ago definitely happy now.

Bread

A good start to the 2022 PNSO thread! In my opinion, based on images, this looks to be PNSO's best ceratopsian. My only issue is the price point, since it does look like it has an articulated jaw.

Dromaenychus

AAAAAAAAAAAH! Finally a Centrosaurus figurine! I love my BOTM Centrosauruses, but I still wanted an traditional static figurine. Now If Safari ltd releases one as well, my favorite ceratopsian will finally get its due.

Carnoking

Glad to see this isn't a museum line figure. Looks good and will probably be much more modestly priced!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: paleochris on January 05, 2022, 12:34:04 PM
Thank you very much! What is the reason for this evolution of the horn? It curves with the age of the animal? sexual dimorphism?

To come back to the figurine, I find the color scheme very good, neutral and sober on the body, and some colored touches on the crest, it's the image I have of this type of animals!
Modern Rhinos have something similar. Its just horn variation between individuals
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 05, 2022, 01:08:27 PM
Jennie looks great, although brown yet again, but at least with some blue on the frill this time.

Quote from: SidB on January 05, 2022, 12:48:53 PM

All new figures come with a 64 page manual. The Ankylosaurus repaint comes with one, and the price is the same as the old version. The Cretoxyrhina comes with a manual and a poster for 22.99. I'm guessing this Centrosaurus will be 22.99 or 30.99, it's a small figure.
Ah, that's very good news. Thanks, avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor !

Gwangi

FINALLY! I've been in love with Centrosaurus since seeing the "Monoclonius" faceoff with T. rex in Prehistoric Beast. This is a must have, and I'm so grateful it isn't a museum line piece like the last too. I see no reason why it should be priced any differently from the Sinoceratops, Machairoceratops, and Pachyrhinosaurus.

Faelrin

Nice to wake up to this. Since this one was rumored alongside the Iguanodon and Triceratops, the Acrocanthosaurus is getting all the more likely, as well as the remainder from this list.

Now comes the wait for the price and in hand pics.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on January 05, 2022, 03:51:42 PM
Nice to wake up to this. Since this one was rumored alongside the Iguanodon and Triceratops, the Acrocanthosaurus is getting all the more likely, as well as the remainder from this list.

Now comes the wait for the price and in hand pics.
This is what I am really hyped up for. I've been wanting an Acrocanthosaurus for a while now! Oh please PNSO reveal this next!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: