News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

As I always say and I know I repeat myself Martin is an artist in repainting and I believe that very few people can emulate his brilliant works.

The repainted in the dinosaurs as I mentioned is metaphorically comparable to the makeup and aesthetic arrangements that we humans make, every human being changes for good if it is groomed and cared for a bit, even with cosmetic surgery. That's what happens with toy dinosaurs and collection Martin Garratt transforms a dinosaur or other prehistoric animal making it a much more beautiful and unrecognizable figure (in this case for good).

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 29, 2019, 08:57:26 PM
As I always say and I know I repeat myself Martin is an artist in repainting and I believe that very few people can emulate his brilliant works.

The repainted in the dinosaurs as I mentioned is metaphorically comparable to the makeup and aesthetic arrangements that we humans make, every human being changes for good if it is groomed and cared for a bit, even with cosmetic surgery. That's what happens with toy dinosaurs and collection Martin Garratt transforms a dinosaur or other prehistoric animal making it a much more beautiful and unrecognizable figure (in this case for good).

How much does Martin charge?

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias I do not know I have never commissioned any work but DTF members who are clients of yours will know first-hand what Martin charges for "changing" the appearance of a dinosaur or other prehistoric creature.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very beautiful, though I am not fond of the generic Stegosaurus colours I have to admit it is as usually executed to such an amazing standard
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Killekor

Thanks for showing us the repainted Safari Stegosaurus, Postsaurischian!
Sincerely I'm really impressed by how the model turned out. It looks much better! The different color scheme transformed it from a meh to an amazing model!
Now that I see it with a new color scheme I've decided to get it for repaint. Now I'm curious to see the Spinosaurus repainted... Who knows, it could become even better than the others!

Sorry if it's off topic:
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I have a question. Who decides what color scheme will have the Safari figures when they will be released? There's some possibility that Safari will re-release some of their figures with a less horrible paint job? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Doug Watson

Quote from: Killekor on July 03, 2019, 02:45:53 PM
Sincerely I'm really impressed by how the model turned out. It looks much better! The different color scheme transformed it from a meh to an amazing model!
Now that I see it with a new color scheme I've decided to get it for repaint. Now I'm curious to see the Spinosaurus repainted... Who knows, it could become even better than the others!

Sorry if it's off topic:
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I have a question. Who decides what color scheme will have the Safari figures when they will be released? There's some possibility that Safari will re-release some of their figures with a less horrible paint job? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Killekor

I am the one who comes up with the horrible paint schemes. What I don't control is how the factory translates that scheme to production.

Killekor

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 03, 2019, 11:03:04 PM

Sorry if it's off topic:

Killekor

I am the one who comes up with the horrible paint schemes. What I don't control is how the factory translates that scheme to production.

I'm really sorry. It's sad to know that the color schemes have been badly applied to the sculpts, because the sculptures are wonderful.

Killekor

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Killekor on July 07, 2019, 02:30:16 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on July 03, 2019, 11:03:04 PM

Sorry if it's off topic:

Killekor

I'm really sorry. It's sad to know that the color schemes have been badly applied to the sculpts, because the sculptures are wonderful.

Killekor

I don't want to highjack this thread but just to clarify I didn't mean to say they are all badly applied sometimes if I make the paint job too complicated the factory has to simplify it for production purposes and it is not exactly what I envisioned but that is on me not the factory. For the most part for a mass produced toy I think they do a great job. Some paint jobs just translate better than others. avatar_Killekor @Killekor please no need to respond.

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 29, 2019, 08:26:05 PM

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sophie got "traditional" colours now
                                                                                                  8)

Very nice paint job and great photography as usual. Had to laugh at the "traditional" bit. I got a kick out of the comments in other threads complaining about it not being green when there is no scientific basis for it being green. If I had painted it the "traditional" colours the comments would have been "Oh great another green Stegosaurus with orange plates."  :))

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 07, 2019, 03:45:46 PM
Very nice paint job and great photography as usual. Had to laugh at the "traditional" bit. I got a kick out of the comments in other threads complaining about it not being green when there is no scientific basis for it being green. If I had painted it the "traditional" colours the comments would have been "Oh great another green Stegosaurus with orange plates."  :))

Thank you Doug!  That's right - You can't be everybody's darling :) .

Actually I wanted the blue colour scheme of my Dinoland Stegosaurus for Sophie, but it didn't work out really well.
  It turned into green with Martin's third try. I'm still sorry for stealing more of Martin's time than necessary.
  Sometimes you can't transfer certain colours from one figure to another. It's not the first time I had to learn that :-[ .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This figure was hard for me to get. The first order from amazon.com got lost in transit which I was told about two months after I ordered.
     The eBay seller I occasionally use for PNSO figures didn't have it in stock and my order from Minizoo was held back by the customs for
                             about three more weeks. I'm glad it finally found its way to me 'cause it's sensationally beautifullll!!

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.13
                                                                              ~ •    Ankylosaurus    • ~

v    next to Wild Safari's garrattized Ankylosaurus    v

Shonisaurus

Thank you for those beautiful pictures of Safari ankylosaurus and PNSO make a very good couple, I know from sweet experience.

Neosodon

I really like the plump and relaxed look of the PNSO Ankylosaurus. The Safri Ankylosaurus seems to have the more defined shape of the skelaton. For scientific accuracy I guess it comes down to interperatations on how fleshy the animal was.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.18
                                                                                 ~ •    Dakosaurus    • ~

v    next to Safari's Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob version    v

Metriorhynchidae Family
                                                  1. PNSO Dakosaurus    2. Safari Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob Dakosaurus
                                             3. Wild Safari Plesiosuchus    4. Safari Prehistoric Sealife Toob Metriorhynchus

Shonisaurus

They are two obscure and beautiful marine reptiles the dakosaurus of PNSO and the plesiosuchus of Safari. The same can be said of the Safari miniatures, among which is the dakosaurus. Nice photo presentation.

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comment, Shoni!

As usually I forgot about one figure in the Metriorhynchidae Family picture above, but this nice little model deserves a post of its own anyway

^-^

~ •    Kaiyodo Dinotales No.105 A & B Metriorhynchus (originally sculpted by Eiichiro Matsumoto)    • ~

Bokisaurus

VEry nice as always. Yes, that Kaiyodo figure is really a gem :D

Killekor

Thanks for the photos, Postsaurischian! I didn't know the existence of that figure, which it's really great! Congratulations for having it!

Killekor

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

Shopping with my goddaughter at some toy store, I (as some other members, too) realized that meanwhile Schleich
             is producing quite beautiful ceratopsians. While she was checking fairies and unicorns I couldn't resist taking them with me.

:)

~ •    Schleich Triceratops (2018) & Diabloceratops (2019)    • ~

Jose S.M.

Those are great figures on their own, but comparing with what Schleich had offer in the recent past they are miles ahead! I hope they keep getting better.

ceratopsian

That is a particularly handsome head shot of the Diabloceratops.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.