News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Is a beauty the beishanlong a true work of art looks better than its prototype.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments! CollectA is getting much better with theropods year by year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)  Australian Age of Dinosaurs 1:24  Australovenator wintonensis
                                                                                             (originally sculpted by Travis Tishler)

dutchdinolover

postsaurischian

:)  The Antediluvia Collection (made in 1:72 by David Krentz)

Part 4 ~ the thyreophorans:  Stegosaurus stenops, Saichania chulsanensius

postsaurischian

Not a Dinosaur, not even an extinct species - but I'm loving this prehistoric seeming giant amphibian
and I do collect all of its figures that I can get. I hope I have every release so far (colour variants not including). If not, please let me know!
     I'm surprised that no Western company has made one (as far as I know). It would be something for Safari's Incredible Creatures line.

^-^  大 山 椒 魚  -  Japanese Giant Salamander  -  Andrias japonicus

1. Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour - Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan   2. Epoch - Living Fossils (secret figure)
                        3. Kaiyodo - Kyoto Aquarium No.03 - eggs & larvae   4. Kaiyodo - Kyoto Aquarium No.02 - adult
                          5. Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour - Nature of Japan No.07   6. Kaiyodo - Animatales No.05
                     7. Re-ment - Pose Skeleton No.204   8. Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour - Salamander & Newts set
                     9. Kaiyodo - Natural Monuments of Japan No.35   10. Kaiyodo - Kyoto Aquarium special resin model

Silvanusaurus

I adore the Japanese Giant Salamander! Are these figures hard to get hold of?

postsaurischian

:)  My two favourite new Wild Safari Dinosaurs:
                                        Shunosaurus & Masiakasaurus (both originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

stargatedalek

Every time I check this thread something else ends up on my wishlist hehe ;D

And who is the girl in the last picture? She looks very familiar but I can't place her.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 08, 2016, 12:01:47 AM

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question.
Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6 & 9 are out of production. They appear on eBay from time to time.
The Kaiyodo Kyoto Aquarium figures (#3, 4 & 10) are still being sold at the aquarium I think.
The Re-ment skeleton (#7) and the Kitan Club Salamander & Newts set (#8) have just been released and are easily available.

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 09, 2016, 04:59:58 PM
....... who is the girl in the last picture? She looks very familiar but I can't place her.

I have no idea :-[. She's made by Kaiyodo and all the text on the pamphlet is in Japanese.
The only English word in its title is "Zero".

stargatedalek

Interesting, I can only assume ZERO is in reference to Kaiyodo's ZERO series but to my knowledge the only runs Kaiyodo have done in it so far are for Monogatari and Fate/Zero and I don't recognize the character. Thanks anyway.

CityRaptor

Whoever she is, looks like she and her Masiakasaurus friend are having fun.  Thus another Dinosaur & Girl Duo is formed!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 09, 2016, 11:31:56 PM
Whoever she is, looks like she and her Masiakasaurus friend are having fun.  Thus another Dinosaur & Girl Duo is formed!

Always an appealing combination :).

:)   Wild Safari Carcharodontosaurus (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

postsaurischian

:) Galileo Hernandez 1:35 Euoplocephalus

next to Favorite Collection Softmodel v.1 (labelled as Ankylosaurus)

Dinomike

That pic of the Carcharodontosaurus is fantastic! There's a real feeling of scale.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 09, 2016, 10:48:26 PM

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question.
Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6 & 9 are out of production. They appear on eBay from time to time.
The Kaiyodo Kyoto Aquarium figures (#3, 4 & 10) are still being sold at the aquarium I think.
The Re-ment skeleton (#7) and the Kitan Club Salamander & Newts set (#8) have just been released and are easily available.

Actually, the 3 & 4 figure, the bottlecaps, are very hard to get hold of--not sure if they are still sold, but they don't show up for sale on YAJ or other sources very much--and still command fairly high prices.

Lanthanotus

You should contact user brettnj of this forum if you plan to purchase some of these. I'll get the Natural monuments Salamander (nr 9 of postsaurischian's photo) from him soon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2016, 08:34:45 PM
Actually, the 3 & 4 figure, the bottlecaps, are very hard to get hold of--not sure if they are still sold, but they don't show up for sale on YAJ or other sources very much--and still command fairly high prices.

It was just a guess. Maybe you're right and they're not being sold anymore at the museum.
  And I think they didn't produce as much Giant Salamanders as of the other species of the set.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 18, 2016, 08:06:59 PM
You should contact user brettnj of this forum if you plan to purchase some of these. I'll get the Natural monuments Salamander (nr 9 of postsaurischian's photo) from him soon.

Good catch! Superb figure, unique pose - this was my very first Giant Salamander.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^  Kaiyodo CapsuleQ museum "Dinosaurs of Japan" - Tambatitanis

CityRaptor

I think that it is a much nicer colorscheme than the rather bland Favorite one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

^-^ ..... more figures from Kaiyodo's "Dinosaurs of Japan" - the 6th CapsuleQ Museum set:

Fukuiraptor

Two figures of the same species made by the same manufacturer, but 10 years lie in between their releases (2006 - 2016)

Therizinosauridae  next to Yujin (blue) & Kaiyodo Dinotales No.74 (brown) Therizinosaurus

Toyotamaphimeia  next to Kaiyodo Dinotales No.62 Rutiodon

RobinGoodfellow

Nice figures... can't wait to receive mine from Brett..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: