News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 25, 2020, 03:58:36 PM
Sounds good :) .

You should notice a difference immediately. No more ads within posts, right? There shouldn't be, anyway.  O:-)

ITdactyl

'Appreciate the response.  Thanks.  Since no one else reacted (about the ads), I'm getting the sense this is just on my end.  Might as well make adjustments to my security software. C:-)

ceratopsian

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 26, 2020, 07:05:06 AM

'Appreciate the response.  Thanks.  Since no one else reacted (about the ads), I'm getting the sense this is just on my end.  Might as well make adjustments to my security software. C:-)

I certainly haven't been plagued by anything like the timed pop-up you described.

DinoToyForum

Category icons updated. Thanks avatar_Patrx @Patrx for creating them!

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 02, 2020, 11:15:54 PM
Category icons updated. Thanks avatar_Patrx @Patrx for creating them!

I like them a lot!

DinoToyForum

I've changed a forum setting so regular members can now view the forum's statistics page:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 07, 2020, 12:19:28 PM
I've changed a forum setting so regular members can now view the forum's statistics page:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats

These are very interesting insights, thanks for sharing!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 14, 2020, 10:15:22 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 13, 2020, 03:10:08 PM
The image resize modification I use needs to be updated. I'm hoping they do so soon (see recent posts here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=240057.0), and as soon as they do I will install it.

:) That's good. Thank you!

The image resize feature has been updated by the software developer and is back up and running, finally! That makes a big difference to the user experience.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 09, 2019, 07:02:03 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 09, 2019, 02:33:37 PM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, I have been trying to post a reply in the Safari 2020 thread, but when I click post I get what's in the quote below.
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Yeah, I had this happen to me a couple of times. I find if I change the post a little, or start from scratch, it works. It must be the server dropping out momentarily, and then the error being cached.

Here's a weird one. Today I think I identified the cause (or a cause, at least) for the Internal Server Error message we sometimes receive when posting or modifying posts. For some reason, this seems to happen when a post includes two or more consecutive dashes ("-"). I can't explain it!

Sometimes I include a series of dashes to divide a post up. After much trial and error I worked out that removing the dashes stops the error occurring.

So, if you get that error message, check your post for consecutive dashes and try again.

DinoToyForum

FYI, the forum is no longer mobile-responsive. This is temporary issue that I hope to fix ASAP, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 12, 2021, 01:46:21 PM
FYI, the forum is no longer mobile-responsive. This is temporary issue that I hope to fix ASAP, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

OK, seems to be fixed now, but let me know if you have any problems with mobile layouts.

DinoToyForum

Antey

I beg your pardon, is it possible to add to the personal blacklist of forum members whose messages you do not want to see, since they do not carry any useful content? This would greatly discharge the atmosphere.

Stegotyranno420

Yes, you can always add someone to the ignore list.

Faelrin

avatar_Antey @Antey Here's a step by step method to add someone to the ignore list. Hope this helps.

Assuming you are on a computer or viewing the site in desktop mode on mobile, there should be a text button at the top called "Profile" underneath your avatar/picture and stats. Click it. Then you should see several text buttons. One of those should be "Modify Profile". Hover over it and you should have an option called "Buddies/Ignore List" at the bottom of it. Hover over that option and there should be the option to "Edit Ignore List". Click that. From there you can just type the name of the user you want to ignore posts from and click the "Add" button.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

avatar_Antey @Antey Should discussions become too hard for you to stand or too many members'  useless posts annoy you, you can also switch into the PM mode, where you can communicate with selected members only as long and as often as you like. Indeed this would undermine the basic idea of a forum, but if it helps - why not?

DinoToyForum

A substantial upgrade for our forum software was released last month. It comes with several new in-built features including, for example, a new default theme with full support for mobile devices, and the option to draft messages (so you can save & resume later). However, the upgrade will remove many of the modifications I've made to the existing forum over the past ten years, so some aspects of the forum's functionality and appearance may change or be temporarily (or permanently) lost. So, some tinkering will be required after I make the upgrade. I'm not sure exactly when I will implement the upgrade so this is just advance notice that some quite exciting change is afoot!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 31, 2022, 04:29:58 PM
A substantial upgrade for our forum software was released last month. It comes with several new in-built features including, for example, a new default theme with full support for mobile devices, and the option to draft messages (so you can save & resume later). However, the upgrade will remove many of the modifications I've made to the existing forum over the past ten years, so some aspects of the forum's functionality and appearance may change or be temporarily (or permanently) lost. So, some tinkering will be required after I make the upgrade. I'm not sure exactly when I will implement the upgrade so this is just advance notice that some quite exciting change is afoot!

I'm just about the attempt the upgrade. Hold on to your butts!

DinoToyForum

And it is done, and seems to be working nicely. I'll create a separate thread for troubleshooting/feedback on this upgrade.

One new forum feature is drafts. You can now save drafts of posts (they should autosave actually) and post them later. You'll notice a "SAVE DRAFT" button next to the "PREVIEW" and "POST" buttons on the "Post Reply" page. There's also a drafts section in each user's profile.

DinoToyForum

The old spoilers modification was throwing up some errors so I have removed it and replaced it with a new different spoilers mod. Let me know if this causes any problems.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.