News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mating Dinosaur Figures?

Started by suspsy, February 11, 2015, 08:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Anyone remember this from V1?

Photo belongs to Horridus, I think.

Takama

I remember clicking on a Edited version with speech bubbles on V1, only to have it link me to a very dirty website.

Someone on the forum even said that you should not click on that link unless your 18.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I remember seeing Rader's styracosaurus painted and mounted (mind the pun) in a mating position before.
Tyrantqueen, I've been looking for a good upright figure to match the collectA rex in that position, for some reason I never thought of using the Papo one.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

@tq wow nice idea  :o i have to try hahaha

stargatedalek

Quote from: SBell on February 11, 2015, 10:27:29 PM
Possibly frogs in amplexus? Although I've never seen that.

Fish would be tougher, since most are external breeders.
Amplexus yes, I suppose that perhaps was not their intention, but two frogs stacked one on top of the other does sort of imply it. Sadly the quality was lacking and I haven't seen any of these frogs for years (it was from a box set that would be opened and set out and people would buy one out of the box). Unique or not they really weren't worth the price considering the general quality.

I imagine fish would be much tougher with a few exceptions, such as a salmon pair spawning in a nest.

Back to dinosaurs again, perhaps two figures "coincidentally" posed in such ways as they could be aligned in a mating position, but not advertised as such.

Takama

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 12, 2015, 09:13:20 PM
I remember seeing Rader's styracosaurus painted and mounted (mind the pun) in a mating position before.
Tyrantqueen, I've been looking for a good upright figure to match the collectA rex in that position, for some reason I never thought of using the Papo one.

You mean this?

It was built by Martian Garriet

sauroid

just wondering, did Styracosaurus have marked sexual dimorphism like shorter horns for females, etc.?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt was built by Martian Garriet
Well, some would argue that his skills are out of this world >:D