News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thanks for the confirmation.  I thought it looked very like that splendid statue from Milan and the Orsenigo!

RobinGoodfellow

SidB

These fine images present Mojo's products in the best possible light.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SidB on October 14, 2020, 07:02:20 PM
These fine images present Mojo's products in the best possible light.

To be honest, I see that Mojo' figures from 2020 have a much, much better quality than other years (solid plastics, improved painting applications, a more refined sculpt).
Probably they learned the lesson from 2019..  ;)
2020 orange Baryonyx isn't a simple color variation from 2019 (the blu one)  but it has a better sculpting work.
Unluckily to improve stability, it has gigantic clown' feet.. ( my 2019 blu Baryonyx doesn't stand up by itself from the beginning  :( ).

:)

SidB

Hopefully this positive trend continues in the near future. I could see Mojo replacing the declining Schleich brand as a competitor for, say, Safari and Collecta.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on October 15, 2020, 04:41:44 AM
Hopefully this positive trend continues in the near future. I could see Mojo replacing the declining Schleich brand as a competitor for, say, Safari and Collecta.

Honestly the Mojo figures are progressing much more positively than expected. They are making quite interesting figures, but I think we will have to wait a considerable time before they catch up with Safari and Collecta ... although you never know that. Mojo can make a quantum and quantitative leap from a giant overnight when it comes to quality.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 15, 2020, 06:58:35 AM
Quote from: SidB on October 15, 2020, 04:41:44 AM

Honestly the Mojo figures are progressing much more positively than expected. They are making quite interesting figures, but I think we will have to wait a considerable time before they catch up with Safari and Collecta ... although you never know that. Mojo can make a quantum and quantitative leap from a giant overnight when it comes to quality.
Your right, I'm sure. In your experience, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , how successful have Mojo been in penetrating the retail market in Spain specifically and western Europe as a whole? How available are they in retail toy outlets of the "brick and mortar" kind?

Shonisaurus

S @SidB In Spain it has some impact on the retail trade. I found my first Mojo figures in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid, I also bought figures at FNAC curiously, being a book and record store, on the other hand I have found them in toy stores in my neighborhood, however the figures that are most popular sold in the market in Spain are the dinosaurs of Papo and Schleich with a difference when it comes to dinosaurs. On the other hand, what is sold the most in Bullyland are the comic and Disney figures that are seen in a considerable part of stores and especially in nut stores.

RobinGoodfellow

..in January 2019 I bought this big box; I suppose it's time for a photographic overview..
Most of the figures inside the box are more accurate repaint of classic PNSO miniatures.

The box:

From 001 to 006: the "puppies"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From 007 to 020:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From 021 to 030:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From 031 to 040:

From 041 to 048:

That's all:

I hope you liked my overview.
If you want to see High Res Pics, please follow the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716496883742/with/45935346484/

Shonisaurus

Nice additions to your collection, by the way, do you keep the PNSO dinosaurs in the original boxes? I ask you because I see that your figures are not unpacked.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 17, 2020, 12:51:49 PM
Nice additions to your collection, by the way, do you keep the PNSO dinosaurs in the original boxes? I ask you because I see that your figures are not unpacked.

Yes, I kept them all in the original packaging.. I prefer to show them that way.  :)

Faelrin

Nice overview of all of those mini figures. They definitely have some really interesting packaging.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the Caviramus from Collecta is very beautiful but I honestly would have liked the painting to be another that mixture of green and reddish / pink colors in most of the body of the figure makes this figure detract in quality. Caviramus with a repaint like Martin Garratt's like the one that ceratopsian caviramus has would increase the quality and beauty of that pterosaur from Collecta

Collecta's painting of the caviramus figure honestly doesn't do it justice.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 18, 2020, 09:35:22 AM
Honestly, the Caviramus from Collecta is very beautiful but I honestly would have liked the painting to be another that mixture of green and reddish / pink colors in most of the body of the figure makes this figure detract in quality. Caviramus with a repaint like Martin Garratt's like the one that ceratopsian caviramus has would increase the quality and beauty of that pterosaur from Collecta

Collecta's painting of the caviramus figure honestly doesn't do it justice.

In this case I don't agree with you.
The Ceratopsian' Caviramus painted by Garratt is simply gorgeous (as always).
But I even like very much the colors CollectA used on this figure.
Sorry.

^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Have you ever ordered a figure you loved and then realized it was really complicated to display because of its size? I did..  O:-)  ;D

The worst situation was about Favorite/DinostoreUs Compsognathus.
When I first saw it, I was fascinated by the "1:1" scale (actually it's smaller than that..).

The problem wasn't about the statue' size per se ..

The main problem it's about the tail: it's really long and extremely bended to the right side:
(my picture doesn't show that very well  :-[  )

To fit my cabinet, I had to display the statue with the base tilted down to the rear (not levelled).
So the tail is lower than real.

Shane Foulkes Liopleurodon is a gorgeus piece.

Usually it's mounted this way:

(picture credits @Urzeitshop / Martin Garratt)

My Liopleurodon was assembled and painted by Vitali Klatt.
He mounted it upward:

So I had to use the same trick as Compsognathus: a unlevelled base..  :-\
I covered the base with some plastic corals to hide the trick..  ::)

Microraptor hunting Eomaia (1:1) by Sean Cooper

Again the problem is a very long tail:

No solution to the problem: the statue requires a lot of space into my cabinet..  :'(

I firstly saw the Design Toscano "Pterodactyl" (actually it's a Caulkicephalus ) on Amazon.

I didn't notice how big it was:

(please, see the little "Hans" by Schleich on the lower part of images)

That's the cabinet with Microraptor and Caulkicephalus:

(size' problems are less visible due to the wide angle lens used on picture)

On February 2020 I bought a well-known Sideshow piece repainted by Martin Garratt:

I didn't take on count Velociraptor' tail..  >:D

It was a "miracle" but the statue fits the cabinet by an inch..  ::)

Favorite vinyl Coelacanth is really good for its price:

But it's even a big figure:

..so its shelf is a little bit crowded..

Damtoys Smilodon ' problem wasn't its size.

..well, honestly it's far from small but the real problem is the weight.. It's really, really heavy:

So I had to put it in the lower area of the cabinet and the statue isn't so well-visible

Same for older PNSO and Kaiodo: lower shelves because of their heights

For the Sideshow Mosasaur I had to remove one glass shelf from my Ikea cabinet, so I lost the opportunity to show some other pieces over it:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kaiyodo Blue Whale is at 1:35; I had to build by myself a custom plexiglass cabinet for it:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At Ikea I found a cabinet right-sized for the wonderful M-See Quetzalcoatlus

Exactly the same for the legendary "Rex Mundi" by David Krentz:

Design Toscano Woolly Mammoth was way bigger than I supposed:

Now this big model stand side by side with others giants:

Full Res Pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716515221192/with/50023463747/

ceratopsian

I enjoyed reading your account of problems displaying items that are bigger than expected - especially the problems with long tails!  I try to be careful and think hard about the size and shape before buying - which is why I resisted the fierce urge to buy Urzeit's Microraptor.  I have only one very deep shelf and it is very nearly full.  (It was designed to accommodate the long upright tail of BingNi's Sinornithosaurus.) So why did I just order the new M-See Pteranodon!  I think it will fit in.....

Bokisaurus

I know the dilemma very well😂
At least you have the space to display them cool collection of yours.
Always a treat to see your collection pics😃

Shonisaurus

Although I think that I have already commented on it several times in the forum including in this thread, you should be proud of the magnificent collection you have, on the other hand you will have to review your collection like me every day when it comes to dusting and even wipe your collectible and toy figures with a damp cloth. At least that happens to me. Your collection in this case is endless and very pretty, by the way.

Have you counted how many different dinosaur brands of vinyl / resin / PVC or other materials you have in your collection? I believe in any case that you have already mentioned it to me, but you have an endless collection metaphorically speaking, very beautiful.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.