News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Duna on December 27, 2020, 09:08:45 PM
Oh, that diorama is a dream come true! It transmits such a feeling of restrained power that it's overwhelming. I will wait for your pictures because I want to look at it for a long time, it's so pleasing.
The other pictures look as their best. Lovely collection.

Thank you very much  ^-^

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..new pictures for my Flickr.. :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157717497120192/with/50770191412/

:)

ceratopsian

I like seeing photos of models from earlier in the year. It's good to be reminded of them before they are eclipsed by new delights!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, not only for your set of figures that you show, but for the beauty of those photographs. Both you and Bokisaurus stand out for the beauty and cleanliness of photographs, which is an art.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 28, 2020, 01:49:54 PM
I like seeing photos of models from earlier in the year. It's good to be reminded of them before they are eclipse by new delights!

Completely agree, love a good retrospective!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:)  Cool "old Jurassic story from Rebor". Very nice to see this "mini series" together.
       Good that you gave the REBOR Stegosaurus another feature. Next to Dimorphodon the best REBOR has to offer. I love the Woodland version!
       One question: Were the ferns included in the hatchling's package?
       Do I have to mention that your pictures are pretty good ;D ?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 29, 2020, 08:05:06 PM
:)  Cool "old Jurassic story from Rebor". Very nice to see this "mini series" together.
       Good that you gave the REBOR Stegosaurus another feature. Next to Dimorphodon the best REBOR has to offer. I love the Woodland version!
       One question: Were the ferns included in the hatchling's package?
       Do I have to mention that your pictures are pretty good ;D ?

I bought  The Hatchling Stegosaurus "Clover" by Rebor on 2017.
At that time ferns were included in the package.
I think they're still included now..

Kind Regards  ^-^

Duna

What a pleasure to the eye ... those mammals are a beauty!! I can't believe there are not more anchiceratops figures, it's a very interesting ceratopsian ..

Shonisaurus

Nice resin figures especially prehistoric mammals. That reminds me that this year Collecta will reveal a doedicurus. I can't stop thinking about that new Collecta figure. Magnificent collection of figures.

RobinGoodfellow

In few hours 2020 will end.
For sure 2020 had been hard for all of us, " Annus horribilis " in latin words.  :-\
Onestly I never thought I'd live a year like this.

On 2020 my very last thoughts were about collecting prehistoric figures.
I stopped collecting for months: simply it didn't seem right to me while people around were dying.

So, even if 2020 was "poor" from a collecting point of view, I'll try to describe it through the few figures I found and images I took.

Personally I was coming from a great 2019, full of good memories:

On December 2019 I was at New York, visiting the NY Natural History Museum too:

On January 2020 I received one of the best statue in my collection, from my friend at Dinosaur Darkroom Market:

On February 2020 I was shooting over the Alps when there were first news about Covid-19 in a small town not so far from Milano  :-\

At that time I wasn't aware that Sars-Cov2 was so dangerous; stupidly I thought that China was overreacting about that..  :-[

On the same month I was lucky to find some really good pieces (mainly on Urzeitshop):

Even new Safari were easily available in Europe:

On March 2020 the virus started to spread all over my Country.

I had a special permit to shoot in Venezia; I remember that Piazza San Marco in Venice was spectral, without all the people..  ???

On mid-March 2020 there was a total lock-down in Italy: everyone had to stay at home.
The lock-down was from March to June: it was really hard..  :'(

During lock-down period my work had a stop: no clients at all (for safety, good reasons)..  O:-)
I completely stopped collecting on those months.

So I decided to re-organize my all collection:

At the end of June the total lock-down stopped and people were able to go outside with lots of precautions (facial masks, social distancing, etc..).

On June/July my work started again.

I found some interesting models too  ^-^

On August, after 4 months of total lock-down at home, I felt the need for a free time/vacation into fresh air and I went to my beloved Sardegna (Sardinia):

On September bad news: Covid-19 started to spread again in Italy..  :-X

On October there was a "soft" lock-down and I was able to work (a lot..  :) ).

I mainly bought CollectA:

On November there were first news about a vaccine for Covid-19 and it was great  :D

Even some good surprises from China:

December was totally about PNSO

..and what about January 2021 ? We will see..  I really hope things will be better than 2020 (..because I don't think it could be worst than 2020  ::) )

Happy New Year to Everyone on DTF and STAY SAFE

Kind Regards

RobinGoodfellow

:)

ceratopsian

Thank you for posting this retrospective.  A good summary.  The image of the Piazza San Marco is stunning - but also desperately unnerving without its people.  I have often in the past wished to see popular places without all the crowds: but one should be careful what one wishes for.

Of your models this year, I especially admire the Sideshow Protoceratops and Velociraptor repaint by Martin; and also the Shane Foulkes Troodon pair, painted by Martin.

Fenestra

*stands up from behind desk and applauds*

Great story with beautiful pics. Thank you!
Best wishes to everyone.

Duna

An interesting view of a horrible year ... I like it a lot (your view, not the year).

Dusty Wren

Thank you for sharing your year! This is a good way to look back at 2020; you're an amazing photographer.

Also, where did that Thylacosmilus come from? It's fantastic.
Check out my customs thread!

Halichoeres

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren That's a Sean Cooper kit

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Beautiful photos, here's to a much better 2021!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Happy new year! Very nicely done how you captured and summarize the year 2020 in photos.
It's great to see some of your photos, they are beautiful and would love to see more of them. I always loved your photos and often been curious about your professional portfolio 😃 stay safe and healthy!

stoneage

:)  Do you make some of your own bases or borrow them from other figures?

Dusty Wren

Thanks, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres! I'm familiar with Sean's work, but I hadn't seen that one before. Guess it's only available through Urzeitshop?
Check out my customs thread!

Wallnut

Well 2019 is worst then 2020 for me I am not mentioning the cause in forum because it was about my family also schleich's watering hole or waterfall are just ok quality diorama bases.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.