News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Spinosaurus Repaint

Started by DarkPhantom, April 17, 2015, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkPhantom

I started painting my figures a few months ago, this is the newest one I finished. I'm waiting for a couple of raptors to finish drying and to get more parts for my T-Rex diorama. I wanted to do a crocodile inspired paint job on my Papo Spinosaurus, but still add some color. I hope you all like it!

The original:

The repaint:

DarkPhantom

So these are the rest of the figures I've painted so far. Like I said, I'm still working on the diorama for the T-Rex family & Triceratops family.

The Triceratops family:

This is the main family of females. I wanted the heads to have the defensive "eye crest" that has been popular in dinosaur documentaries.

This has the bull included, shown in red.

The bull, two adult females, elder female, three juveniles, one dead juvenile male, two infant females.

I like to think of it as a matriarchal herd, with the larger female as the alpha to the right. The light green female triceratops I made as an older female, with the skin fading like how hair would grey. The Schleich model with all of the exaggerated wrinkles made it look older than the Papo ones of equal size anyway.

Adult bull with dead juvenile male.

The T-Rex family:

The T-Rex family with their kill. The bull has his jaws covered in blood.

The juvenile is looking on hungrily!

T-Rex Bull by himself.

T-Rex & Spino fighting over Triceratops:

Hungry Spino wants to fight for the kill!

The Cretaceous Carnivores face off.

The same shot, but with flash, to show more detail. They all would have been with the flash, but my phone was dying.

I hope you guys like it!

Arul

thelordsgym

I like them all....very creative paint schemes and scenes....well done! ;D

DarkPhantom

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.