News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2015, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramose

I finally have chosen my diorama subject and am now selecting my model plants and plotting out the landscape!  I'm excited for this year

CrazyForCretaceous

So excited!  I entered last year, and I plan to do so again.  I'll be excited to see what everyone comes up with this year.  These competitions have grown so much since 2008!  I wouldn't be surprised if the entry pool is even bigger than last year's.  Good luck to all!

DinoToyForum

Just bumping post as a reminder about the contest. Plenty of time left, but time also flies! :)

SpittersForEver

I have planned everything out and all that's left is to take the picture, the excitement is killing me  ;)   Good luck everyone.

Arul

I just have an idea. how about in the end of contest, using top 12 diorama based on poll and make it for 2016 calender design/picture. Sell it to the DTF member as an official DTF forum merchandise   :)) and of course, thats the rights of the forum author (especially admin-moderator, sponsor, etc)  :)

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Arul on August 12, 2015, 09:28:54 AM
I just have an idea. how about in the end of contest, using top 12 diorama based on poll and make it for 2016 calender design/picture. Sell it to the DTF member as an official DTF forum merchandise   :)) and of course, thats the rights of the forum author (especially admin-moderator, sponsor, etc)  :)

I think that's a brilliant idea!

ChubbyTaco

DinoToyForum

It is a nice idea. I recall someone else (maybe you?) suggesting it before. If all top twelve participants (and CollectA) give permission for their artwork to be used, it could just work. I'll look into this once the contest ends...a calendar might be available just in time for Xmas ;)

DinoG

How about other company's figurines? Should permission be asked to them too? I like the idea though....
Run!

Arul

Oh so its planned before ? Hehe i dont remember well thats great  :D

Arul

Submitted  ;D cant wait to see all the diorama together...

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 12, 2015, 05:57:08 PM

It is a nice idea. I recall someone else (maybe you?) suggesting it before. If all top twelve participants (and CollectA) give permission for their artwork to be used, it could just work. I'll look into this once the contest ends...a calendar might be available just in time for Xmas ;)

Great idea! I´ll be buying one, definitely!

Arul

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 15, 2015, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 12, 2015, 05:57:08 PM

Great idea! I´ll be buying one, definitely!

Me too, even its difficult for me to doing international payment but for this i will try  :D

Arul

Btw its depend on calender size. The bigger calender means the higher resolution of each photo needed..

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoG on August 12, 2015, 11:44:25 PM
How about other company's figurines? Should permission be asked to them too? I like the idea though....

I think it is okay to use photographs of figures without permission from the company. I'd only ask permission from CollectA because they are the sponsors this year.  O:-)

Dinomike

I love the calendar idea Arul! Let's do it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Tyto_Theropod

If you can get company consent, I would totally buy that calendar!  ;D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Arul

May i give some advice for the display of diorama picture when the poll is open ?  :) In 2014 contest we have to click the picture to get full image, but in some diorama even the wide is 1000px the picture is still looks too big in the screen, become blurred, and we have to scroll it up/down/side to see the entire picture (i dont know its just my laptop or you guys also have the same problem). I suggest we use 2013 contest picture setting, maybe it take a little bit long time for page loading but we dont get any problem like i said, and i think its more enjoyable :) thank you

DinoToyForum

Time flies! The deadline is the 27th of this month so make sure not to leave it too late to submit your diorama ;)

Arul

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.