News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2016

Started by stargatedalek, January 31, 2016, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

I am over-excited as to check the forum every short while to see if the poll begins.
though the moment i submitted my entry i felt i am not gonna win for certain....
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: acro-man on August 02, 2016, 04:31:30 AM
I am over-excited as to check the forum every short while to see if the poll begins.
though the moment i submitted my entry i felt i am not gonna win for certain....

Me too!  :) I can't wait for it to start
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Dinomike

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 02, 2016, 05:27:04 AM
Quote from: acro-man on August 02, 2016, 04:31:30 AM

Me too!  :) I can't wait for it to start

Same here! Very exciting indeed!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Federreptil

Dear Stargatedalek, hope you are very well. ;D
Excuse my visible impatience, but can you give me please a pair of breadcrumbs about the next steps. Do you need some time or are there any issues? Have you a timetable? As little preview – how many participants? ::)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Federreptil on August 02, 2016, 09:07:28 PM
Excuse my visible impatience, but can you give me please a pair of breadcrumbs about the next steps. Do you need some time or are there any issues? Have you a timetable? As little preview – how many participants? ::)

Hehe, right what I was thinking, just didn't dare to tickle the host :D

stargatedalek

Honestly I'm not sure exactly what goes on next. I have everyone's entries currently uploading and from there Dr Admin will be saving them. I assume after that we'll begin the poll.

DinoToyForum

There are 27 entries this year. Watch this space, Stargatedalek will post the poll soon. 8)

Simon

27 entries?  Wow, that's way down from last year.  Let's hope that the re-imagined contest will grow from these new beginnings ...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on August 03, 2016, 12:02:07 AM
27 entries?  Wow, that's way down from last year.  Let's hope that the re-imagined contest will grow from these new beginnings ...

Well, the prizes are lesser, and I haven't had time to promote it much this year. 27 is still a good turnout, all things considered.

Gwangi

I don't consider that book a "lesser prize" at all! It's already on my Amazon wishlist. I would have entered anyway, regardless of prize. I think a big reason for the low turnout might be the earlier submission deadline.

Simon

I do think that last year's contest benefited from much greater publicity about the contest and the prizes.  It will be interesting to see how varied this year's smaller number of submission will be - last year certainly ran the gamut in terms of ideas and quality of presentation.

Did just the "hard core" commited dioramists enter this year?  Or will there be a wide variety like we saw the past couple of years?

We will shortly know.  ;D

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

acro-man

prize might be THE issue.
because it's an English book.
for non-English speakers it would be a disaster to read.
so far i can guess.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

laticauda

I have been too busy to make my diorama this year, but I think the submission date crept up so fast that people forgot to get one done. I look forward to this contest every year, so good luck to those who submitted.

AcroSauroTaurus

Submitted mine the day before the deadline, so I'm good! ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Nebuloid

Oh man I forgot al about this ! Life always finds a way, but not this time...

PaleoMatt

UGH! Forgot about the contest. I had prep notes and everything grrr. I'm stupid.

LophoLeeVT

WOW I TOTALLY forgot about it!!!!!! rawr.....
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.