News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ice Age Movies

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, June 07, 2016, 02:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Oddly there's no thread for the Ice Age films (that I saw, anyways). I really liked the first and second two movies, even if they did jump the shark after that, though I don't worry too much as long as they have entertainment value. It's good to see that there are new ones still coming out even if I don't like them as much as the original. Anyways, I found something yhat's pretty interesting from the new one. Apparently there will be dakotaraptors in it:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

oh btw since you have posted a topic about the ice age movies now before you can show any interest to any member in this forum about the 5th ice age movie thats coming this year can you show interest to any member in this forum about the first three sequels plus the christmas and the easter special plus the original and also the first ice age movie.Oh Also theres happens to be three shorts four video games off the four first movies(which one of them which is the video game based off of the first movie is made for the GBA only)and two Apps Off of it

Takama

The first film was a Great Family Film set in the Ice Age(duh)   I loved it, and me and my dad watched it together in theaters and it was one of my childhood favorite films.

Second one was not quite as amazing, but still a fine movie.

The Third one I watched oly because it was the first one to feature Dinosaurs, though it really started to jump the shark.

The fourth one i liked for its abundance of Megafauna that you dont see everyday in movies. Though i think the Sirens ruined it for me.

I can tell that they really are going crazy with the 5th movie.

Gwangi

I only really liked the first movie. It was a simple story, smaller in scope, and more grounded in reality (as grounded as you would expect a movie about talking animals to be). I really hated the second one, the entire plot with a water park and them building an ark was just too over the top for me. Those were the only two I bought a ticket to go see. I wouldn't have watched the others either but somehow fate decided that I should. The third one I thought was an improvement over the second, as ridiculous as it was. The fourth movie was forgettable.

CityRaptor

Geez another Ice Age movie....

Although those Dakotaraptor's, while still wrong, look a lot better than those things in "The Good Dinosaur".

Back to the render, I'm guessing their characters:
The one with the crossed arms is obviously the leader.
The middle one is the laid back/friendly one.
The small guy is the crazy one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

I don't remember the first movie very well, but I do remember that I wasn't a huge fan of it. I didn't like the second one very much, though if asked why I couldn't point out any one thing. But I actually really enjoyed the third and fourth movies. I think maybe it's because they gave up on "original" (mostly potty humour) humour for the most part and went more along the lines of goofy references and trope parodies. Actually pretty hyped for the fifth one.

Flaffy

I didn't like the second Ice Age movie because the icthyosaurus (looks more like a metriorhynchus) and pliosaurus just looks so ugly. The pacing of second film to me was poor and there were too many awkward moments between Many and Ellie for my liking.
And also that convenient hollow log ark thing that so happens to be at the right time at the right place.  :P

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 07, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
I didn't like the second Ice Age movie because the icthyosaurus (looks more like a metriorhynchus) and pliosaurus just looks so ugly. The pacing of second film to me was poor and there were too many awkward moments between Many and Ellie for my liking.
And also that convenient hollow log ark thing that so happens to be at the right time at the right place.  :P
They were metriorhynchus and gobidens.  ;)
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 07, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 07, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
They were metriorhynchus and gobidens.  ;)
Oh... Well it sure doesn't look like one  :P Probably my old source about Ice Age was wrong, I dunno.
Thanks for the info  ^-^

Nanuqsaurus

I loved the first Ice Age movie! Really one of my favorite movies of all time, it has some very emotional scenes, but there's also good humor for all ages. Three main characters + Scrat was just right. Now the Ice Age movies are all about bad jokes, there are way too many characters and there's no plot anymore.

In the first movie(s) they actually did their research and showed some interesting Pleistocene megafauna. Now we have ''Daktoraptors'' with feathers just glued over their scales... In the Ice Age...

Brontozaurus

I've only seen 1-3 but of them 1 is definitely the best. 2 is bleh and 3 is an atrocity. I do not have hopes for 5.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Viergacht

Which was the one with the pirate ship made out of ice? That was the in-flight movie when I came from the States to SA and it was godawful. And now they're going into space? What next, musicals?

Takama

Quote from: Viergacht on June 16, 2016, 12:30:29 AM
Which was the one with the pirate ship made out of ice? That was the in-flight movie when I came from the States to SA and it was godawful. And now they're going into space? What next, musicals?

Continental Drift was the Pirate one.   

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 07, 2016, 09:29:38 AM
Geez another Ice Age movie....

Although those Dakotaraptor's, while still wrong, look a lot better than those things in "The Good Dinosaur".

I think the Ice Age Movies are better then the Good Dinosaur, because it takes the plots a lot less seriously.   With The Good Dinosaur. I thought it was pretentious with its "What if the Dinosaurs Lived on" Plot Device only to go on and treat all of the animals as an afterthought in the design department. If Pixar did not say that the film takes place after the KT Boundry, i would of enjoyed it a lot more. and would have diffrent opinons on the design choices with that film.

With Ice Age. I knew they were trying to make people laugh, and nothing was meant to be taken as seriously as the Good Dinosaur Desingers wanted you to with there movie

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Viergacht on June 16, 2016, 12:30:29 AM

There has pretty much been a musical scene in each film...so....
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

CityRaptor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7aEsFzsOA

Looks like the Dakotaraptors can fly.
Oh, and the creators still think that the deaths of birds are funny.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

The only thing I really liked about that was Buck's Jurassic Park reference.
Save Dinoland USA!

alexeratops

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 17, 2016, 01:09:55 AM

I didn't catch that; what was it?
like a bantha!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on June 17, 2016, 02:58:09 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 17, 2016, 01:09:55 AM

I didn't catch that; what was it?
Hold on to your butts!
Save Dinoland USA!

SBell

The first Ice Age bothered me most...because of its horrible inaccuracy. I have since stopped worrying about that, because clearly they don't. (2 is still just set pieces to introduce new characters, and 4 was just kind of dumb. My kids don't' even like 4).

I do know that I would rather sit through the dinosaur parts of IA3 anytime over any of the terrible movie Good Dinosaur. And while I have seen toys online from IA3 of the various dinos (who wouldn't want their small predator figures) I was surprised to never actually see any for sale in real life. I thought these movies only really exist as tent-poles for merchandising franchises (hence, adding dinosaurs where they shouldn't be).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: