News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Does the Carno actually in the film have elbows? The big toy doesn't but the little mini figure does..

Loon

Yeah, so close...yet still so far...

DerbesSchuhwerk

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 13, 2018, 02:55:56 AM
I only know of the Disney Dinosaur movie and those Carnos also had elbows. Are there any movies I´m forgetting?

I only remember one more. Not in a movie, but in the TV-Series Terra Nova. A pretty bad depiction.

MLMjp

A teaser for the next trailer has been uploaded!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OogedrOiq8I

Spoiler
Full reveal of the Indoraptor!

Mosasaurus is free!

And Rexy does what she does best, being awesome
[close]

Also, Welcome....To Jurassic World.

Flaffy

In summary:
Spoilers, more spoilers, and finally, spoilers.

Shadowknight1

LOL, poor Owen, but he should've known better than to get in that trailer with Rexy.  I feel even worse for her.  She woke up in a trailer she could barely move in, no wonder she woke up cranky.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

mgaguilar

Our big boy revealed looking mighty ferocious!

Spoiler

[close]

Faelrin

My favorite part was when

Spoiler
the Mosasaurus was heading for some surfer lunch. I honestly wasn't expecting something like this to be in this movie. Also yes I'm digging that Indoraptor, not that it's anything new for me being a bit familiar with the toy by now, but still cool.
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shadowknight1

Spoilers for what it's worth:
Spoiler
So Claire's about to try and shoot the Indoraptor with a big honking gun?  Or is that someone else?  And if it is Claire...that's a bit hypocritical unless that gun is loaded with a tranq.  Genetically modified or not, it's still technically a dinosaur.
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on April 13, 2018, 10:36:55 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 13, 2018, 02:55:56 AM
I only know of the Disney Dinosaur movie and those Carnos also had elbows. Are there any movies I´m forgetting?

I only remember one more. Not in a movie, but in the TV-Series Terra Nova. A pretty bad depiction.

It actually looked better in other shots :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 14, 2018, 02:43:04 AM
Spoiler
So Claire's about to try and shoot the Indoraptor with a big honking gun?  Or is that someone else?  And if it is Claire...that's a bit hypocritical unless that gun is loaded with a tranq.  Genetically modified or not, it's still technically a dinosaur.
[close]

Eh let's not jump to " it's a dinosaur" technical or not..lol  just ask Dr Grant. ;)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Eh let's not jump to " it's a dinosaur" technical or not..lol  just ask Dr Grant. ;)
Dr. Grant also said that "No force on earth or heaven could get me on that island."  And then he ends up going there.  So Alan isn't exactly one to stick to his guns. :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 14, 2018, 05:11:12 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2018, 05:04:24 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Grant also said that "No force on earth or heaven could get me on that island."  And then he ends up going there.  So Alan isn't exactly one to stick to his guns. :P

"Awwww..here it goes!"  lol

Yep he said " ON that island. "  He went with no intention of landing there, the fact they did anyway was out of his hands. He tried to stop them and was knocked cold.

Appalachiosaurus

I'm usually the type that hates overly spoilery trailers, but that teaser really did its job to hype me up. Especially the Mosa shot, that coupled with the rumored Submarine scene is really putting my hopes up high for some sweet marine reptile action.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2018, 05:01:39 AM

My goodness Blade, I didn't know you were into dinosaurs in that way.  :))

Reptilia

In that scene the Mosasaurus' head alone looks like it's 10 meters long, so how big the entire animal is supposed to be?

HD-man

Quote from: HD-man on October 18, 2016, 07:28:04 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 17, 2016, 01:06:52 PMI don't consider "The Last Samurai" guilty of white washing. Samurai is plural and is not meant to refer to Tom Cruise but to the group of Samurai he ends up befriending, they were the last Samurai. Tom Cruise was just our tour guide into their world.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 17, 2016, 04:16:18 PMThe Last Samurai is also loosely based on a true story about a white person living in Japan, so it really isn't white washing at all.

In retrospect, that makes sense. In any case, white-washing is the main criticism I remember from when I saw the movie.

Sorry to bring up an old quote, but I was recently reminded of it when I saw "Whitewashing: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" (WARNING: Lots of swearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss ), which led me to the Andrist quote below. In other words, The Last Samurai IS an example of whitewashing.

Quoting Andrist ( https://www.thesociologicalcinema.com/blog/what-is-whitewashing ):
QuoteA second type of whitewashing can be observed in films that claim to be based on true stories. Here, the constellation of events that comprise a historical moment are reconfigured, forcing the audience to experience the story from a white perspective, as such, this type of whitewashing is a principal agent in shifting the public memory of real events. For example, Dances with Wolves ostensibly depicts a period of what has been euphemistically described by some historians as the Western Expansion, but is more accurately characterized as a patchwork of genocidal practices and policies by the United States government against the Native Peoples of North America. By inveigling its audience to experience this historical period through the eyes of a white protagonist, Dances with Wolves privileges the white experience. Dances, and other films like it, are whitewashed insofar as they succeed in prioritizing the white experience of witnessing this tragedy over the experiences of Native families who lived through it and died from it.
A third type of whitewashing can occur, even when the majority of characters in a film are played by black and brown actors. Here, the term refers to the observation that white actors secure all the major roles of a film, or they play the most well-rounded, complex characters of a film. Again, Dances of Wolves is an example of this type of film, but other examples include The Last Samurai and Dangerous Minds.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

DinoToyForum

Please stay on-topic (i.e. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom) and avoid overt political topics. Thanks!  C:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on April 14, 2018, 08:36:07 AM
I'm usually the type that hates overly spoilery trailers, but that teaser really did its job to hype me up. Especially the Mosa shot, that coupled with the rumored Submarine scene is really putting my hopes up high for some sweet marine reptile action.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2018, 05:01:39 AM

My goodness Blade, I didn't know you were into dinosaurs in that way.  :))

Quote some sweet marine reptile action.

hmmm... ;)

Quote from: suspsy on April 17, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
I quite agree with this article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/02/11/why-jurassic-world-2-fallen-kingdom-looks-like-a-terrible-idea/#570a9dad37d8

for every negative there is a positive and vice-versa :  https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/04/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-is-the-most-important-movie-of-the-summer/#2fa9a3e66937

John

Quote from: suspsy on April 17, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
I quite agree with this article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/02/11/why-jurassic-world-2-fallen-kingdom-looks-like-a-terrible-idea/#570a9dad37d8
If the writer of that article really did see the first movie so many times,then he shouldn't be so shocked that there were so many sequels given how open ended the first movie was (and sorry,no the first one was most certainly not perfect to the point of nothing else ever being able to come close...no movie ever can be.)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.