News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Awesomebro guys like hard rock and metal. Sounds badass, I guess.

tyrantqueen

They posted this on their FB. Looks like the tail will be bendy, thus it will not be accurate.

This reminds me of something they said on their Facebook.

QuoteWe are not idiots you know...We know exactly how to sculpt scientific accurate dinosaurs, we just choose not to because we prefer the awesomebro style

Quoteyou really think a team of guys with master degrees in natural science and engineering don't know how to read papers do research?

So I guess a degree in engineering and natural science means you know a lot about dinosaurs? This reminds me of that creep Bill Nye claiming he is a scientist because he has a BS in engineering.

Why are they so afraid to make dinosaurs that look like the real thing? It puzzles me.

Reptilia

Well at least you can position it straight and make it accurate.

Shonisaurus

I am honestly thinking of buying the ankylosaurus "War Pig" with removable and flexible tail. Sincerely this company exceeds in the realization of parts articulated sincerely is excessive.

I have always had the image of herbivorous dinosaurs in one piece (I am not in favor of jaws and parts of the body sincerely articulated). They are converting a company destined to collectors to a company destined more to children and I say it with all the respect to Rebor.

I respect them, Rebor has his own artistic license but I do not share his tastes. What I have said is that I am seriously thinking in case that they commercialize it, buy the ankylosaurus Rebor.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Reptilia on December 28, 2017, 12:24:20 PM
Well at least you can position it straight and make it accurate.

Yep, I guess that is true.

Cephalopod

Its about time They make an adult living Herbivore, i kinda like the awesomebrostyle. I grew up with it. Nevertheless i also collect accurate dinosaurs. Cant wait for war pig to create Some havoc Here.
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2017, 12:15:47 PM

Why are they so afraid to make dinosaurs that look like the real thing? It puzzles me.

And why are you so persistent in telling a private company what they have to do with their products? It puzzles me.
They are not afraid, they just found a very wide audience to sell their products, and it is clear that dinosaur geeks are not part of that audience. Accept it. It is just their policy as a company. if you don´t like the product, just move on. There are other companies too look for if you want accuracy.

I have never bought any Rebor figure so far...to me they are absolutely ugly. The JP raptors are the only ones I like, but just because they are what they are and I love JP. This one is more of the same. But you won´t see me here again and again and again saying how bad their stuff is. I just don´t care about it. Good for those who like their figures.

Faelrin

They did mention a while back that it would have a bendy wire tail. So is this one going to see the day of light after all, since they have more to show on it?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'm just going to chime in here and say that Bill Nye may not be a scientist strictly speaking, but he's always strived to present science as accurately and honestly as possible, and he deserves to be applauded for his ongoing efforts. As such, he is the polar opposite of the REBOR staff.

Also, people who boast about their degrees like that are usually full of hot air. It's just like how Wyatt Earp didn't go around boasting about how he could outshoot anyone else in the Old West. He let his actions do the talking for him. REBOR's actions, or lack of them, speak louder than their words too.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on December 28, 2017, 11:14:34 PM
I'm just going to chime in here and say that Bill Nye may not be a scientist strictly speaking, but he's always strived to present science as accurately and honestly as possible, and he deserves to be applauded for his ongoing efforts. As such, he is the polar opposite of the REBOR staff.

Totally agree, even though Bill Nye is philosophically dense. It's unfortunate that some of his fans (as well as fans of Neil degrasse Tyson and Lawrence Krauss) are such huge proponents of scientism.

Loon

This reminds me of that creep Bill Nye claiming he is a scientist because he has a BS in engineering.
Bill Nye's a creep, what'd he do? Also, when has he claimed to be a scientist?

Simon

I NEVER thought I'd say this about this company's models (due chiefly to their behavior here on the DTF a few years back), but I am open to *possibly* *considering* getting this Ankylosaurus.

It would fit in nicely with the PNSO/Vitae 1/35 scale critters displayed on my desk ... but I'll have to see a lot more pictures of it ... I am concerned that the body doesn't look massive or wide enough though ...

tyrantqueen

QuoteI'm just going to chime in here and say that Bill Nye may not be a scientist strictly speaking, but he's always strived to present science as accurately and honestly as possible, and he deserves to be applauded for his ongoing efforts. As such, he is the polar opposite of the REBOR staff.

Maybe back in the nineties (although I never saw with his show, it was never part of my childhood), before he started peddling ridiculous propaganda. He's just an actor.

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
QuoteI'm just going to chime in here and say that Bill Nye may not be a scientist strictly speaking, but he's always strived to present science as accurately and honestly as possible, and he deserves to be applauded for his ongoing efforts. As such, he is the polar opposite of the REBOR staff.

Maybe back in the nineties (although I never saw with his show, it was never part of my childhood), before he started peddling ridiculous propaganda. He's just an actor.

I don't know what you're talking about, and to be honest, I don't think I care to. Suffice it to say, it's hopelessly self-defeating to claim that Nye is just an actor.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on December 29, 2017, 12:35:34 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, and to be honest, I don't think I care to. Suffice it to say, it's hopelessly self-defeating to claim that Nye is just an actor.
I think its his recent show, touching on gender, etc. really didn't go over well with some. His active support for climate science has also made him a sore spot for a lot of conservatives.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on December 29, 2017, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 29, 2017, 12:35:34 PM

I think its his recent show, touching on gender, etc. really didn't go over well with some. His active support for climate science has also made him a sore spot for a lot of conservatives.
Hard to believe people are willing to get so aggressive because not everyone is as bigoted as they are, really runs home the point of who's the one actually attacking others. Frankly, even though I'm not fond of Bill Nye as an entertainer it's nice to see how much he really cares about the rampant miseducation ruining the world.

Appalachiosaurus

So I guess a degree in engineering and natural science means you know a lot about dinosaurs? This reminds me of that creep Bill Nye claiming he is a scientist because he has a BS in engineering.

You don't need a piece of paper to know how science works.

DinoToyForum

Please stay on topic or create a new topic in General section. Thanks!  C:-)

Joey

How the Rebor Ankylosaurus compares to an Ankylosaurus magniventris reconstruction.

Neosodon

The body is way to small. Looks like it got all it's innards sucked out.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: