News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park at San Diego Comic Con 2017

Started by Loon, July 22, 2017, 04:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Chronicle Collectibles has shown off some pretty impressive statues and replicas at this year's SDCC. Aside from some stuff that's been previously shown off, like the baby raptors, and the raptor egg, there are plenty of new things to gush over.

Jurassic World – Indominous Rex 1/20 Scale Statue:

Jurassic World - Indominus vs. T. rex Statue:

Jurassic Park – John Hammond Cane – 3rd Quarter 2017 – $249.99
Limited Edition Size: 1000 units

Visionary, venture capitalist, and philanthropist, John Parker Hammond was the CEO & Founder of InGen (International Genetic Technologies Inc.). His dream of de-extinction became a reality in 1986 with the first successful cloning of a dinosaur— created by extracting its blood from a prehistoric mosquito trapped in fossilized amber. To commemorate this event, John spared no expense and turned that very piece of amber into the top gem of his expertly crafted custom cane complete with an elegant dinosaur bone themed design.

Hammond's flamboyant nature and billionaire style was legendary and his cane was no exception.

Celebrate the legacy of Jurassic Park by taking home a piece of iconic cinema history with this exclusive limited prop replica run of John Hammond's cane, cast from an original studio prop.

What's in the box?
-John Hammond Cane
-Jurassic Park logo plaque with wall mount
-Hardware/mounting kit
-Collectible display box designed by Bob Lindenmayer
-Sparing no expense and feeling like John Hammond when you open the box

Jurassic Park - Sick Triceratops Statue & Night Vision Goggles Replica:

Jurassic Park – Female T-Rex Stan Winston Maquette 1/5 Scale Replica:

Source(s): SDCC 2017 – Official Chronicle Collectibles Photos and Info
http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/20/sdcc-2017-gallery-chronicle-westworld-jurassic-park-conan-262221

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally a few things i might be interested in getting.  The Indominus looks good and i love maquettes.  Always wanted a replica of Hammonds cane too.

Not sure on that giant Rex,, its going to be...pricey.

Faelrin

I wonder how much some of those will cost if released (like that mini breakout T. rex and 1/20 Indominus). Probably still going to be too much for me to afford though. Still, the stuff is very nice, especially considering they are based off the originals. I'm glad they finally did a thing for the sick Triceratops too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

The I-Rex statue is so cool, I wonder how big it is.

Simon

My only thought upon seeing this stuff is simply this:

"Would it really hurt anything to render the TRex (and raptors) more anatomically correct - you know, without the hideously wrong, crippled, broken, shrivelled arms/hand/wrists?"

Let this franchise die a quiet death.  I'm not seeing the new movie.

Remake of WWD anyone?

Neosodon

The T. rex is big enough to make a nice yard decoration.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

Quote from: Simon on July 22, 2017, 02:09:30 PM

"Would it really hurt anything to render the TRex (and raptors) more anatomically correct - you know, without the hideously wrong, crippled, broken, shrivelled arms/hand/wrists?"

Remake of WWD anyone?

These are replicas based on a series of movies that has used about the same designs for about 25 years, so they're not going to be uber accurate to modern reconstructions.

terrorchicken

I like that the little raptor(Blue?)is included with the T-rex...

Loon

YouTuber Victoria's Cantina has uploaded an interview with Chronicle Collectibles at SDCC:
https://youtu.be/uo89W30QMks

BlueKrono

Quote from: Simon on July 22, 2017, 02:09:30 PM

Remake of WWD anyone?

The franchise is hardly dying. I don't think they'd say no to another $1.7 billion.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

If anything JW injected some new life into it.   Now what I don't get is Universal's lack of marketing it to death.  No new IOA upgrades yet and very little anywhere else..I think I saw some beach towels earlier this year.

Loon

The John Hammond Amber Cane Replica is now available for preorder, with down payments as low as $42. The Replica is going to be available exclusively at Paradise Collectibles, and is limited to 1000 pieces. https://www.paradisecollect.com/jurassic-park-john-hammond-cane/

Blade-of-the-Moon

says 3rd quarter,  that's sept at the latest.  i'm tempted to pull the trigger but would like to wait til next week..wonder how soon a 1000 will sell?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.