News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fakes or Leaks? Safari 2018 models

Started by acro-man, August 15, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eofauna

The mammoth (Steppe mammoth) is ours (Eofauna).

It seems to be a falsified and Illegitimate copy, probably a Chinese Shell corporation is behind this. We are investigating what happened.

If any of you could give us additional information, we would be pleased if you could contact us at [email protected]

Thank you!

Meanwhile, we posted this: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5983.0

:-)

Shonisaurus

Until official photos are published it seems to me too hasty to judge. I doubt that Safari will not reveal the new figures of dinosaurs and in this case prehistoric mammals without having announced them before.

On the other hand the mammoth of the steppes is a copy of the company eofauna. There is a lot of commercial piracy and in the toy market there is no exception. I do not trust until there is an official communication from Safari or Doug Watson. That does not mean that Safari makes such good or even improved figures of prehistoric mammals as those of the brilliant collecta company.

But what I said I just received a message of eofauna and what appears on the first page is a crude imitation of the figure of the steppe mammoth mentioned by the company.

What I said until there are official images validated by the company Safari or its workers I do not wire at all.

I agree to one hundred percent with the eofauna company.

Reptilia

So the best out of the three is not a Safari, how ironic. And it's pretty much confirmed that they are bootlegs, it's incredible how such stuff surfaces even before the originals are officially released.

suspsy

Leaked images of upcoming toys are by no means infrequent. It happens all the time with Lego, Transformers, Star Wars, and various other popular brands.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Reptilia

Here seems much like they've obtained the molds, or some factory produced piece in advance, it's different than bootlegging something from a leaked image.

SpartanSquat

Probably the only that its from Safari is Daeodon. Mastodon and Steppe Mammoth are too big for safari. They usually dont make bigger figures with the exception of Feather Tyrannosaurus, Diplodocus and Kronosaurus

suspsy

Quote from: RolandEden on August 16, 2017, 03:00:09 PM
Probably the only that its from Safari is Daeodon. Mastodon and Steppe Mammoth are too big for safari. They usually dont make bigger figures with the exception of Feather Tyrannosaurus, Diplodocus and Kronosaurus

What are you talking about? That mastodon isn't particularly big. It looks to be around the same size as the WS woolly mammoth and Ambelodon.

Reptilia

In fact the Mastodon could be another brand, we don't have proof it is a Safari now that we've been informed the mammoth is from Eofauna. And Safari didn't confirm how many of their models are present in the pictures on topic.

suspsy

No, that's not what you said earlier. You said that the mastodon can't be a Safari figure on account of it being "too big," which is clearly not the case. And there's no proof that it isn't a Safari product, so there's no point in making proclamations about the Daeodon being the only one.

Reptilia

Who is making proclamations? We're just guessing. All we know is that the Daeodon is a Safari figure and the mammoth is from Eofauna, the other figure could be a Safari or not, we don't know, even if I personally think that is likely to be a Safari product. There's no need to take it so seriously.

suspsy

Sorry, Reptilia, I got you confused with RolandEden in my previous post. My mistake.

SpartanSquat

@suspsy: sorry pal but I dont have the mammoth buts its in my plans, so I didnt have a reference to see it. But i see it very bulky. It can be the mastodon from safari or not. Well we have to wait.

John

So the Steppe Mammoth is part of a new line coming soon from Eofauna?Interesting... :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

terrorchicken

still hoping the daedon and mastodon are Safari's. I really want them to bring back the extinct mammals line.

I love Eofauna's mammoth but i wish it had been a Colombian since I already have Papo's steppe mammoth.

Cephalopod

Well if you search well enough, four safari ltds are out of the bag. Two living mammals and two extinct ones.
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

suspsy

Yep, the Daeodon and the mastodon have now been officially confirmed as Safari products, woohoo! ;D

terrorchicken

great news! welcome back Safari ltd. prehistoric mammals!

Reptilia

I saw the promo pics Takama posted on STS forum, where are they coming from? Safari revealed them through any of their official channels?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Eofauna on August 16, 2017, 09:58:28 AM
The mammoth (Steppe mammoth) is ours (Eofauna).

It seems to be a falsified and Illegitimate copy, probably a Chinese Shell corporation is behind this. We are investigating what happened.

If any of you could give us additional information, we would be pleased if you could contact us at [email protected]

Thank you!

Meanwhile, we posted this: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5983.0

:-)

I just saw Everything Dinosaur's announcement about your mammoth! I'm excited, but also sad to see that it's been bootlegged before it's even been officially released! These knock-off companies have absolutely no shame.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: acro-man on August 15, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

I'm gonna say both the Mastodon and the Daedon are both "legit" Safari pieces (in quotes because they may be bootlegs, considering Eofauna's unfortunate revelation). Note the folds of skin stretching along the sides towards the back legs; it's a very classic Safari signature to emphasize that attribute. If I'm right about this, then I am incredibly excited to buy the legitimate products from Safari when the time comes!

If, for the sake of reference, we assume the mastodon is in scale with Safari's mammoth and Amebeledon, then what scale does the Daedon appear to be? I'm a 1:40 stickler, so if it's significantly out of that range, my interest will be somewhat diminished.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.