News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Although there have been some leaks, this thread will be reserved for officially-announced new products.

From Safari's Facebook page:
Quote from: Safari Ltd.It's almost time for our 2018 Collections to drop! Make sure to keep your eyes here, as we'll be unveiling our brand new figures in the coming weeks.

American mastodon

Good Luck Mini 'Raptors

Daeodon

Anzu

Amargasaurus

Ankylosaurus

Regaliceratops

Megacerops

Uintatherium

Hyaenodon

Dimetrodon

Macrauchenia

Malawisaurus

Triceratops

Reptilia

Great! I assume that with "the coming weeks" they mean october, like it was last year if I'm not mistaken.

suspsy

Given that we already know about two of the new toys, I'm fine with waiting until October.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

I split all the speculation (most of the thread) into a separate topic: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6042.0

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 05, 2017, 06:58:39 PM
I split all the speculation (most of the thread) into a separate topic: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6042.0

Thanks, I was just thinking this thread got off to a messy start. I say that even having contributed to it. It'll be nice to have the thread a little more exclusively reserved for official info.

stargatedalek

The video itself should probably be in this thread at least.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It looks like were getting a sauropod this year. No claws, either so likely a derived titanosaur. Hopefully it's an alamosaurus!

The other two are the puma and babirusa from the video.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Patrx

Excellent! I'm definitely on-board for a tiger-striped titanosaur.

John

It looks like we'll be seeing the first titanosaurid sauropod to turn up from Safari since the Carnegie Museum line Saltasaurus came out back in 1997. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Oh, whew, I thought Safari might skip dinosaurs this year! (Just kidding.)

Wild theory: maybe it's Patagotitan. Sure, it wasn't described until this year, but the skeleton was installed at AMNH last year, and the remains were known before that, so if someone from Egidio Feruglio or the AMNH consulted on it, there could have been a sculpt even back in 2015. Improbable, but juuuust about possible. Anyway, whatever specific titanosaur this proves to be, looks like a must-have for me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Daspletotyrannus

I digging the tiger stripes. Would be cool if it is a Saltasaurus. As much as I like the Carnegie one I'm  just sad the face wasn't detailed that good.  I just feel any sauropods are welcome, that and Hadrosaurs. So let hope we also get a Hadrosaur too.

Neosodon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 06, 2017, 06:23:06 PM
It looks like were getting a sauropod this year. No claws, either so likely a derived titanosaur. Hopefully it's an alamosaurus!
As the only known sauropod to survive in north america until the end of the cretaceous Alamosaurus certainly deserves to be in safari's model range. Even if it's not an Alamosaurus any safari titanosaur has me hyped!

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 06, 2017, 07:40:26 PM
I digging the tiger stripes. Would be cool if it is a Saltasaurus. As much as I like the Carnegie one I'm  just sad the face wasn't detailed that good.  I just feel any sauropods are welcome, that and Hadrosaurs. So let hope we also get a Hadrosaur too.

I agree about the Carnegie Saltasaurus, that's why I haven't got it, I would love one for the Wild Safari line! and also a I will welcome every hadrosaur they make happily, I need more of them in my collection.

Takama

ME best bet is a Alamosaurus, Or maybe its just a Saltasaurus

Hell it can evean be a 1:50 Brachiosaurus for all we know

stargatedalek

I'm hoping the lack of visible claws is because of size instead. A new prehistoric toob would be great.

John

I think we now have found something worse than the silhouettes from last time...pictures of just front limbs...good luck telling just which titanosaurid sauropod it is from just that! ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

PaleoMatt

Saltasaurus or Alamasaurus probably. Personally hoping for Saltasaurus as I want to see more Carnegies being redone.

John

Quote from: PaleoMatt on September 06, 2017, 11:04:24 PM
Saltasaurus or Alamasaurus probably. Personally hoping for Saltasaurus as I want to see more Carnegies being redone.
We'll find out soon enough what it is. :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: John on September 06, 2017, 11:02:18 PM
I think we now have found something worse than the silhouettes from last time

At least with the silhouettes we got an idea of the whole body and pose of the figure, this time it will be hard to narrow down options, but let's be patient.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 06, 2017, 10:29:21 PM
I'm hoping the lack of visible claws is because of size instead. A new prehistoric toob would be great.

You mean you're specifically hoping for a non-titanosaur sauropod?

I'd also like to see a new prehistoric toob (or four).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.