News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews features the new Collecta rex and he gives you a pretty good look at this one. Think I'll be adding it to my rex shelf when it makes its way down here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcH7eQ3WXo0

Shonisaurus

The feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 is much better than its predecessor. It is hyperrealistic (very detailed) in both feathers and scales.

The teeth are carefully sculpted and painted and honestly it is the best theropod of Collecta 2018 along with the ceratosaurus. I'm counting the days to buy that beauty in my Science Museum Store.

It is awesome a true work of art. Gorgeus!

Thanks PhilSauria for passing that great video to the forum.

mgaguilar

acro-man

Hi guys,

I haven't been following the whole discussion here so I may have missed one important thing -
has the Brontosaurus come out yet?

It is highly anticipated but would be a shame if it didn't manage to come out this year.
I am a little worried
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

suspsy

Yes, it's out. Everything Dinosaur has it in stock.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Yeah, and MiniZoo has had in stock for a few months now.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

spinosaurus1

just got the new feathered tyrannosaurus today. it looks way better then what the promotional pictures let on.instantly their best tyrannosaurus figure to date

Shonisaurus

How lucky you are! I am still waiting for the feathered tyrannosaurus rex along with the ceratosaurus of Collecta 2018. They are the only figures that I lack of the various collections of prehistoric toy animals 2018.

Still the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid has not received them and they are my two favorite dinosaur figures.

acro-man

Oh my!
Thanks everybody.
I found sweet Andy's review of CollectA Brontosaurus on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_ljDws7sI
Guess I can sleep well tonight :)
喜欢收集和P图

mgaguilar

Minmiminime

The Brontosaurus is one of my most anticipated models this year ;D Just ordered mine from ED https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/collecta-brontosaurus/
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

I literally just ordered a Bronto too! So excited :D

acro-man

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 01, 2018, 02:02:32 AM
Hey avatar_acro-man @acro-man
The CollectA Brontosaurus is available on Amazon for Prime 1-Day shipping to my location in Los Angeles for $25.00
Let me know if you're interested and I can help you get this one if it's not near you.

Thanks buddy! That's so kind of you.
That's good price too.
But I'd prefer wait a while til it's sold here. It shouldn't be long.
Thanks again!
:)
喜欢收集和P图

Flaffy

It's weird how TaoBao sellers still haven't been able to stock any of the final 2018 CollectA releases.  :(
Really looked forward to getting that Gomphotherium before 2019 releases started trickling in.

IrritatorRaji

Look who arrived today!

So, thoughts on the new CollectA Bronto? Simply put, I love it! It has problems, don't get me wrong, but for £5 I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

First, the pros. I can't go into that much in regards to accuracy because I don't know much about Sauropods, but this figure certainly does feel alive. The sheer density of the scales and wrinkles makes it feel like I'm actually holding a little lizard. The sculpt detail is great and is definitely fitting for a figure of this size (28cm / 11 inches). I do, for the most part, like the choice of colours. I don't believe that prey animals such as this would have been vibrant in colour, so while the brown is pretty unoriginal, it's befitting of the animal.

The cons? None too major, but not so small they're miss-able. Firstly would be the red around the eye. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but just something about it makes the eyes look puffy, kinda like he's got a cold. Then there's the teeth and spines running along the back, which are very poorly painted in some areas. For the spines on the back, they tend to miss paint on the back side of them, but are painted on the front and sides. The legs on mine were the tiniest bit warped as well. It didn't affect the way my model stood, but it's a little bit weird seeing this leg that just never touches the ground. Still, all of these flaws are tiny, and none of them make me regret my purchase, not in the slightest.

Overall appraisal? A very well done attempt, and definitely worth the hype. Someone else will need to assess scientific accuracy, but in regards to sculpt and overall quality, I think this is definitely a model worth picking up :)

Comparison pics over on How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on the new acquisitionavatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji . I really like brontosaurus very much, it is a very detailed figure and in my case in the details of painting I have no objection. What I miss is that for a sauropod it is a somewhat small figure.

I bought it in its day next to the estemmenosuchus, dimetrodon and gomphotherium and although I sincerely like these three figures I do not regret the purchase is an excellent figure either.

Faelrin

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji The seams kind of bother me (especially the one in the middle of the face), but it otherwise looks very good. What a lovely assortment you got there too, and congrats on the new addition.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Minmiminime

Oooh, it's lovely! Not perfect, but actually nicer than I expected. Thank you for posting those close up pictures avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji, the head isn't as derpy as I'd feared! I feel this one may be in line for a repaint project, when it arrives; I am once again on the end of a Royal Mail Fail :'( Mine should also have arrived today, along with the Papo Acro. I'm not having any luck at the minute, my Vitae dinosaurs also seem to be lost without trace somewhere in the ether of postal incompetence!! Any hope if them turning up before the 14th of October is diminishing rapidly and nothing can be done before that date ::) Aaaaaargh!!

UPDATE: I got to pick up my Brontosaurus today and I'm delighted with it ^-^ It's a really neat and well-designed little figure, nicer in the hand than I expected. It doesn't give the same kind of impression of vastness as Papo's Apatosaurus, probably on account of the skin detail, but it's elegant and lively. I find it's derpy little laughing-horse face deeply charming and it makes me smile. Mine's pretty well painted too, no complaints there! I still think the colour scheme could be improved, but I'm reasonably happy with it, so I'm in no hurry
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.