News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Yes, according to that list released somewhere, Mattel will produce 200 figures. Although I would take it with a grain of salt.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

200 figures?! I hope for JP toys collectors that this is a false estimate, otherwise a completist could easily go broke.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 14, 2018, 05:42:07 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2018, 03:47:39 AM
Lots of em'.. i remember Minmi was on there..how's that for an odd one out?

Minmi? Are you sure we're talking about the JWFK toyline, the species seem too good to be true...

Yeah def a couple surprises in there.

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 14, 2018, 05:54:58 PM
Yes, according to that list released somewhere, Mattel will produce 200 figures. Although I would take it with a grain of salt.

That will spread over all their lines , include the same species , ect...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know right? I wish the drone part was black so it blended in more..well the grey/white might blend in with the sky more...I like it though.  Would make a great video or even a desktop piece if it could be made to run just sitting there... :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Simon

Dang!  Those aren't bad for toys.  Not nearly up to the standards of the toys from the first two movies (none will ever be), but on a par with the JP III toys .... if you have some little ones to shop for, well, now you've got your Christmas 2018 list!   ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm definitely getting the Mosasaur and I can't say I don't like the rest of what I'm seeing..which still isn't  half of what's coming.  The Dilo UNO "Spitter" is great, I can't wait to play with that..( I love UNO) lol

IrritatorRaji

Pics revealed

Assuming it's safe to post the pics here since this seems to be an official reveal?

Appalachiosaurus

Here's a shot of the Protoceratops and what I assume is Minmi:

Also it gives a pretty good sense of size.

EDIT: Herrerasaurus too

IrritatorRaji

That Herrerasaurus looks..... umm.....

Kinda looks like the head of a Mosasaurus slapped onto a theropod-ish body?

stargatedalek

They actually did base it on the game Herrera, damn.

Looks like I need to set aside some space for these.

Reptilia

Some of them look pretty nice, some so and so. It is a bit chaotic though, how many different lines there will be? And how many toys in total? I like the Pachyrhinosaurus in particular, looks fairly accurate for JP standards.

Faelrin

I already made a post on the JP reddit, so I'll just copy that here:

QuoteThat Ceratosaurus blows the Hasbro JW one out of the water (at least in this pic). Might have to get it. I'm glad the Pachyrhinosaurus is actually a Pachyrhinosaurus here. Strangely I prefer the JW Ankylosaurus more then this one, but it's mostly a color scheme thing (I like the brown on the JW figure more, plus the tail feature). I wonder why the Baryonyx has a different color scheme from the leaked pic from before. I preferred the blue and black look it had earlier since it seemed closer to the maquette seen in the making of video, but otherwise I still want it. The paint apps on the Triceratops and Steogsaurus look improved, as well as on the Carnotaurus. I'm also not sure what's with all the white spots on some of these figures, but I've seen that in the leaks too.

So aside from what I've seen leaked earlier and planned to get (Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, the biggest T. rex, and maybe some others), not much here is going to be added to my wishlist. In any case I can't wait for these to start hitting stores so I can get some of these, and hopefully they look as good here.

Alright so, adding onto that, from the other image here, I really like the Stygimoloch, and the Protoceratops. Interesting that the Herrerasaurus seems similar to the one in JP: The Game. I'm going to be so broke when these things start hitting shelves (especially that large Mosasaurus and large T. rex). Can't believe how good some of these look, beyond how nice they were when leaked. Looks like these might not have the screw holes like the JW figures either. I've also seen more of the Indoraptor too, which looks great. I will probably plan to get that one too. I can't believe how many dinosaurs they are making here. Too bad there's no Parasaurolophus (yet), but then again Kenner's TLW one is still the bomb.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

My god, I like what I see! Another year of spending vast fortunes on plastic dinosaurs and being awfully single, I suppose... ::)

IrritatorRaji

mgaguilar

Really excited for the huge T. Rex. That ability for figures to be eaten throws all the way back to the Kenner bull T-Rex. With a good repaint, that figure could be potentially be amazing. Going to get the smaller one too. And that's Ceratosaurus was probably literally made to one-up the Hasbro release. Brilliant choice.

Wow, with these new round of photos, the textures of these Dino's look amazing! Definitely getting that spitting Dilophosaurus. The sculpt looks great! Did Mattel win the ability to sculpt for the entire Jurassic franchise because of the 25th anniversary?

Reptilia

Rexy's nice! I wonder if it's rubbery like its 90s counterparts.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.