News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLikesDinos

Man, I wish they got the colors on the JP3 Raptor more accurate - as well as remembered to give him round pupils.

Made a quick edit:

tanystropheus

Flaffy

Oh those Legacy raptors are using the Leaping Blue sculpt? Easy pass. Looks like Rebor is still in business.
The Pachy and Young rex are pretty neat, very screen accurate, hope I'll be able to pick them up locally.

@Blade-of-the-Moon - Congrats! Could you give us a closer and clearer look at the Monolophosaurus?

Turns out the 15 mini pack is not 15 of the nice little articulated minis, but rather the lumps of unpainted plastic that come with he human figures. The Metricanthosaurus looks surprisingly close to it's JW website counterpart. Though the highlight of the set if definitely the Mosasaurus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO46WTpRuA

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I noticed something was up when I didn't see the Para/Anky on the back..I was kinda in overload mode there, I realized I missed Blue as well, had her in hand, just forgot to place her in the right buggy.  ugh

Reptilia

Some of those minis are great! Will they be a worldwide release or another regional exclusive?

Paleodude

If I had to say one thing about the little dinosaurs with the humans it feels a bit lazy to just have them be scaled down adult moulds. I would've prefered if they went with the Kenner approach of separate hatchling sculpts for the humans. Would've been a good way to get some callbacks to the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo but oh well. At least they're nice for the scale they're at.

CityRaptor

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 04, 2018, 05:51:40 AM
REBOR raptors actually look like the movie.

REBOR Raptors also cost like four or five times what this guy costs. And their male JPIII Raptor got the head wrong, too
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Reptilia on April 04, 2018, 02:01:05 PM
Some of those minis are great! Will they be a worldwide release or another regional exclusive?

These are Walmart Battle Damaged Excl.  I would guess regular sets will be everywhere.

Quote from: Paleodude on April 04, 2018, 02:24:03 PM
If I had to say one thing about the little dinosaurs with the humans it feels a bit lazy to just have them be scaled down adult moulds. I would've prefered if they went with the Kenner approach of separate hatchling sculpts for the humans. Would've been a good way to get some callbacks to the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo but oh well. At least they're nice for the scale they're at.

Agreed, I would have wanted babies as well.  Blue is getting one with Owen.

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2018, 04:12:09 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on April 04, 2018, 05:51:40 AM
REBOR raptors actually look like the movie.

REBOR Raptors also cost like four or five times what this guy costs. And their male JPIII Raptor got the head wrong, too

I really wish someone would remember there are quills on the males..

Faelrin

Uh hopefully the toy itself is more accurate color wise then that render is, in regards to that JPIII raptor. I mean some of the renders do differ from the final toys (like in the Pachyrhinosaurus' case). Otherwise I'll just take my shot at picking up one of the JPIII pack raptors I had as a kid, on ebay, since it was pretty close (although the head was off, at least they remembered the quills). I wonder where the source of that render came from though. So far the bulk of this legacy stuff has been disappointing for me, at least with these pictures. I won't know for sure until I see these in stores (or reviews), if I'll want some of these or not (beyond the baby T. rex, Pachycephalosaurus, and possibly the human figures, which I do want).

I also just saw that JPToys now has the render pic of the Malcolm toy up there, which comes with a compy as well, and the flare the Grant figure is seen using on the back of the Extreme Chomping T. rex packaging.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

IrritatorRaji

DinoToyForum

IrritatorRaji

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 04, 2018, 07:28:17 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 04, 2018, 07:17:44 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 04, 2018, 07:16:55 PM
Browsing the forum when suddenly...

Yeah, but they're all out of stock! ::)

Indeed, ooooh I wonder, I wonder, who bought them all  ::)

They might have listed them before they were in stock. Anyway, it means these things are going to be widely available very soon!

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 04, 2018, 07:31:10 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 04, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

Indeed, ooooh I wonder, I wonder, who bought them all  ::)

They might have listed them before they were in stock. Anyway, it means these things are going to be widely available very soon!

That's what I was thinking as well, but I wasn't sure since part me was thinking that there'd be a "pre-order" option or something if that was the case, the site just lists them as "temporarily unavailable".

Either way, I'm excited!

ChrisLikesDinos

It kills me that the Dimetrodon would be fantastic with different feet (a better paint job also helps)

terrorchicken

I love that mini bag set, especially since I'll probably have to stick to the mini figures due to lack of money & space. I just wish the figures hadn't used the extra paint for the lame damage detail. Also is the plastic mountain supposed to be used to display the figures? I dont think it will hold up very well lol.

mgaguilar

And THIS is what I call bringing out the potential of the Mattel figures.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Reptilia

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 05, 2018, 08:45:43 AM
And THIS is what I call bringing out the potential of the Mattel figures.

Superb work. I'm tempted to pick up the super colossal and commission a repaint.

MLMjp

Better images of some of the already posted Legacy Collection figures: :)

Notice how the baby T.rex comes with a muzzle! Just like in the old toy.
Also Battle damage blue is the best Blue, if she didn't had the dino damage, sorry, battle damage, ;) she would be perfect.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.