News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Quote from: Digibasherx on April 13, 2018, 02:19:10 PM
So there's a Extreme Chomping, a Thrash and Throw and a Super Colossal Rex?  I can't seem to find any comparison images, are the Extreme and Thrash and Throw about the same size?  They all seem to stem from the same sculpt other than size and features.

None are the same size, they all have different features, and each have slight nuances in sculpt differences.  Super is ovr 3 feet long, thrash is around the size of the original red rex from JP1, and extreme is a bit bigger then the young rex from JP1.

mgaguilar

Quote from: yankeetrex on April 13, 2018, 03:14:44 PM
Quote from: Digibasherx on April 13, 2018, 02:19:10 PM
So there's a Extreme Chomping, a Thrash and Throw and a Super Colossal Rex?  I can't seem to find any comparison images, are the Extreme and Thrash and Throw about the same size?  They all seem to stem from the same sculpt other than size and features.

None are the same size, they all have different features, and each have slight nuances in sculpt differences.  Super is ovr 3 feet long, thrash is around the size of the original red rex from JP1, and extreme is a bit bigger then the young rex from JP1.

@Digibasherx
Thrash & Throw and Extreme Chompin'

Extreme Chompin' to older Rexes

Colossal Size Comparison

Digibasherx

Thanks for the comparison shots.  3 feet long!!! Looks like I'm going to be stocking up on Rexes come Monday.

Loon

Here are the prototypes of the Roarivores, the Allosaurus looks much cooler, IMO.

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on April 13, 2018, 11:31:59 PM
Here are the prototypes of the Roarivores, the Allosaurus looks much cooler, IMO.

I saw this picture a while ago in facebook. I like more the final design and colors of the Baryonyx although the head of the prototype looks closer to the actual head of a Baryonyx. Triceratops is basically the same but with jaw articulation and since I think articulated jaws work only in theropods I don't mind that the final Triceratops does not have it. Although not my favorite figure I think the final Metriacantho is the better version, the prototypes head is just too boxy.
As for the Allosaurus....I think it does some things better than the final figure but the final figure does other things better than the prototype.

Also found a video review of wave 1 of the Legacy collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3iyg5fiWWk

Shadowknight1

I was at Wal-mart today and they had a big section cleared out and marked for Jurassic World stuff.  Hopefully I can snag an Allosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Faelrin

Had no luck with calling (several stores) today. Guess I'll be waiting until Monday (or maybe Tuesday) after all, but no big.

In regards to the Legacy Collection stuff there, I'm not feeling some things (yellow on the Velociraptor, aside from the other things I've mentioned before, the Pteranodon being so grey, etc), but when they are all together they look great. I'm surprised how small these are as well. Not sure how much I'll prioritize picking these up, because like I don't feel like I 'need' them as much as some of the other standard things in this line so far (Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Mosasaurus, etc), but if I can get them later this month or the next that would work out. It is great that they have a little bit of something for each movie though (that can be mixed and matched with stuff from the main line).

Edit: Also between this and another video confirmed prices for the dinosaurs in the Legacy Collection are $10, the humans are about $8, much like the ones in the main line, the Jeep is about $15 or $16, and the Chomping T. rex is $20 (which was posted prior).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on April 13, 2018, 11:31:59 PM

I like the Bary.  The Allo looks like they confused it with the Carnotaurus.

MLMjp

Alright the final figures from the legacy collection have been revealed:

That Dilophosaurus is just amazing! And I think it is actually a different figure from the other Dilos!? :o
That new gallimimus is also pretty cool
And whats basically another version of the smaller Pteranodon mold repainted in JW colors....which a weird addition to a "Classic" line to be honest.

Also, the list of figures for the legacy collection in JPToys does not have more empty slots:

Legacy Collection (Target exclusive)

Alan Grant w/ Compy (W1 – FLN38)
Ellie Sattler w/ Compy (W1 – FLN72)
Ian Malcolm w/ Compy (W1 – FLN37)
Robert Muldoon w/ Compy (W1 – FLN35)

TLW Velociraptor (W1 – FLN68)
TLW Pachycephalosaurus (W1 – FLN65)
TLW Young T-Rex (W1 – FLN69)
JP3 Pteranodon (W1 – FLN67)
JP Dilophosaurus (W2 – FLN66)
JP3 Velociraptor (W2 – FLN70)
JP Gallimimus (W3 – FVW32)
JW Pteranodon (W3 - FVW33)

Extreme Chompin' T-Rex (W1 - FLN76)
Jeep Wrangler (W1 - F????)
Legacy Bundle (W1 - FVP50)
6-Pack Bundle (W1 - FVP51)

I mean, a lot of things have been added without having space for them on the list. But this raises the question about why there is no promo picture of Spinosaurus. He is in the app, so he should be made into a figure. Specially since I believe we now have every single dinosaur from the app with the exception the orange snouted Baryonyx, another Galli, two more raptors and Spinosaurus.

I guess they are keeping it until the very last moment?

Faelrin

Well that is very interesting. I think the Dilophosaurus in the movie pack bundle was a bit more film accurate, but this is obviously not the final figure, just a render. It is good to have an idea though, and this still not bad by any means. I really do like the Gallimimus, which means I won't need to get the Battle Damage one after all for a more movie accurate color scheme (in regards to the stripes/markings, although the Battle Damage figure render seems like a good choice still. Hopefully the final toy is close to this). Strange there doesn't seem to be anything for the Spinosaurus, but maybe it will be a release for next year (and maybe the Indominus rex too? Although that isn't in the app, at least from what I've seen in videos). It's also strange there is a second unaccounted for Baryonyx (currently) as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Seems like both the Dilo and the Galli are paying homage to their predecessors: "Spitter" and "Speeder" respectively.

MLMjp

OH MY! I already wanted them but now these are MUST HAVES!

Digibasherx

That galli is a total love child of the tyco Deinonychus and the tyco Struthiomimus.

terrorchicken

ugh I really want to stick to the mini figures(went to Wally's to look for them today, no luck) but some of these larger figures are sooo tempting.  I ebayed off my older JP figures a few years ago to streamline my collection, buying new figures again kinda defeats that purpose ya know.

btw are they going to make a parasaurolophus for the Legacy line? I had the electronic Lost World para and sometimes I miss having it. :(

MLMjp

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 14, 2018, 09:15:30 PM
ugh I really want to stick to the mini figures(went to Wally's to look for them today, no luck) but some of these larger figures are sooo tempting.  I ebayed off my older JP figures a few years ago to streamline my collection, buying new figures again kinda defeats that purpose ya know.

btw are they going to make a parasaurolophus for the Legacy line? I had the electronic Lost World para and sometimes I miss having it. :(
There is no Parasaurolophus on the app unfortunately. So I don't think there will be a Para with neither the regular or exclusive lines. Maybe the will make one in a in-between movies toy line or for JW3 toy line. And yes, the lack of Parasaurolophus is probably one of the most but thankfully few dissaponting things about his line.

Im constantly looking through eBay to see if I can get one for less than 50€, because I want a Para in my new Jurassic Park/World collection.

Reptilia

I think those prototypes look pretty bad. The Baryonyx in particular, the final product ended up being way better.

Loon

Quote from: MLMjp on April 14, 2018, 09:22:57 PM
And yes, the lack of Parasaurolophus is probably one of the most but thankfully few dissaponting things about his line.
Dear God, yes, a parasaurolphus styled after the first movie(s) design would be the best thing.

Victoria's Cantina

I just started opening up the Legacy toys I've acquired over this past week, and my expectations are exceeded. In all honesty, part of that is due to the nostalgia factor. But I'm trying to evaluate them just as toys, and I'm coming to the conclusion that for the price, Mattel did a terrific job with the execution and quality they provided. I hope the Legacy sub-line continues on for a good while.

MLMjp

THORRIDUS89

Is anyone else having trouble with the Allosaurus staying standing up?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.