News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

I don't know if these belong here, BUT...
TAKARA TOMY Release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom figures!

Seems like a derivation of their already existing ANIA series.
The sculpts look beautiful to be honest, and I LOVE that Mosasaur.

MLMjp

The Sinocetatops just screams custom. It has the same body as the Triceratops and the horns are too sharp for a toy. Also the quality of the paint is too good when compared with other figures.

Archosauria

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 19, 2018, 06:17:14 AM

I'm in love with these!!!
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Brontozaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on April 19, 2018, 08:03:33 AM
The Sinocetatops just screams custom. It has the same body as the Triceratops and the horns are too sharp for a toy. Also the quality of the paint is too good when compared with other figures.

While I wouldn't put it past Mattel to retool the Triceratops into Sinoceratops, the paint job is obviously custom. The Roarivores seem limited to one colour of stripes plus extras for teeth, claws, eyes etc.

I'm wondering what's going on with Australian distribution because the JW toys seem like Kmart exclusives here (except for the horrifically overpriced lego sets), and so far I've only seen Roarivores, the basic dinos, Thrash n Throw rex and the weird Owen and Blue racer things. To be fair it might just be that we got a few early by accident and the rest will arrive closer to the movie release date; I found them way before the 16th.

I've picked up the Baryonyx and Metriacanthosaurus. Quite fond of them both, but I think I like the Metria a bit more. It's got wonky hands but it just looks good; I've got it posed on my tv stand charging out from underneath a fern.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Flaffy

Pretty nice!
These sculpts look a LOT better than the ones in their regular line, as if their old sculpts were cheap lazy attempts to cash in on JW's success  ;) .
Definitely going to consider picking up the Mosasaurus, the rest are decent, but I am definitely not a fan of wasted articulation points for the tail on the terrestrial critters. I still don't get why they don't make the head, neck and arms articulated, while giving ugly exposed ball joints on the tail.

Flaffy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 19, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on April 19, 2018, 08:03:33 AM

While I wouldn't put it past Mattel to retool the Triceratops into Sinoceratops, the paint job is obviously custom. The Roarivores seem limited to one colour of stripes plus extras for teeth, claws, eyes etc.

I'm wondering what's going on with Australian distribution because the JW toys seem like Kmart exclusives here (except for the horrifically overpriced lego sets), and so far I've only seen Roarivores, the basic dinos, Thrash n Throw rex and the weird Owen and Blue racer things. To be fair it might just be that we got a few early by accident and the rest will arrive closer to the movie release date; I found them way before the 16th.

I've picked up the Baryonyx and Metriacanthosaurus. Quite fond of them both, but I think I like the Metria a bit more. It's got wonky hands but it just looks good; I've got it posed on my tv stand charging out from underneath a fern.
Yeah. I mean, we've already seen Mattel's cheap looking Roarivore protoypes. There's no reason to think they'd bother putting in effort in making such an extravagant colour scheme for an obscure chinese ceratopsid.
It's a nice custom, true to it's source, but my god it is a hideous looking monstrosity. Especially Ludia's rendition of the poor creature. 

IrritatorRaji

Attention Brits, the Fallen Kingdom line, including the Legacy Collection, is stocking in Smiths! :D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 19, 2018, 04:15:15 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 18, 2018, 05:17:00 PM
Got my Stygimoloch. I'm happy.

Which one ? Seems to be a few versions. I only have the Battle Damage one.

The mini version from the Target 3 pack. So now I also have a useless mini T rex and Trike, ha ha. I was thinking about getting one of the larger action figures as well, but now that I've seen the Takara Tomy version I think that's the one for me. In any event, they're all better than the Geoworld version, which is what I had before.

Speaking of the Takara Tomy line, can I suggest a new thread in the "new for 2018" section for those guys? I fear they'll get buried/lost here.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Those Takara figures are really nice. Not sure I'll try to get them since I'm pretty occupied with getting most of Mattel's figures, but still they look very nice, and would probably be great additions to ones collection.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

IrritatorRaji

Faelrin

I finally, finally got some of these amazing toys today. I was gonna write up this thing to explain all the details of what I found at the store, etc, but eh, no need to really. Anyways, here's a look at what I was able to find today (only had enough time to check one store since my mom had to go pick up my sister at the airport. Hopefully we can check out more places this weekend, and hopefully track down the Mosasaurus and Carnotaurus, because like I'm dying because I want them so bad now).

Well here is everything I got today, with some old JW 'friends' for comparison (quick pic with my crappy phone camera for now):

Edit: Got Stiggy and Blue out of their 'enclosures'. I really do like the amount of articulation on these, for how small (and cheap) they are, a tiny bit more so on Blue because of the decent jaw articulation (can close fully, and pretty wide when open), and of course the paint detail and sculpts are really nice too. The flesh wound feature is a bit different from the Hasbro gimmick used on their Mosasaurus. Instead of a sliding door, the 'flesh' rolls up (or down) with the 'skin' piece. I also really enjoy the Stegosaurus and Triceratops too, even though they are still in their packages for now. I'll try to get more pics of these tomorrow.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mini Minmi

I am getting very jealous. So far my local Walmart has shown nothing. Based on the websites it seems I should be able to find at least the giant mosasaur and T. rex at my local toys r us but that's much further from my place. And since there are no more Targets here, I don't think we'll get to see the legacy collection.  :'(

I'm still enjoying everyone's pictures though, so keep them coming!  :D

ItsTwentyBelow

I am a poor graduate student right now, so I'm limiting myself to one or two small to mid-size scale dinos and one human figure to satisfy myself until I can return to work in June and come up with funds!

So of course, the single department store (a Fred Meyer) in the small town where my university is only had out the mini-action dino 3-packs and two thrash n' throw T. rexes when I went by today. Nothing in between. And those rexes were priced at $52.99! Nope!

What a tease :( At least I got to see and play with one of the T. rex, and marvel at not having seen a JP toy of a similar vein since the 1990s.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 19, 2018, 06:17:14 AM

Any idea on the size?  I want that Mosasaur and Stygimoloch.  I dunno why, but the Stygimoloch I saw at Walmart did not appeal to me.  That sucker does.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Appalachiosaurus

Hit the Jackpot on Velociraptor Awareness day. I think this is every in-scale dinosaur currently released, cost me two months rent but it was all worth it.  :))

Flaffy

I'm so jealous you guys get normal pricing.
Here in Hong Kong everything is marked up $10 usd more than regular US retail  :'(
The worst thing is that the only large toy retailer here is Toys R Rus, so there's pretty much no alternative other than online shopping... this is disgusting.
I wonder if mainland china is any different.
Strange thing is our Toys R Rus here are going (yes they for some reason not released here yet) to stock Battle Damage figures.

Would anyone be kind enough to direct me to online sources that sell JWFK stuff at normal retail price and offer international shipping? Thanks
(7.8HKD = 1USD)

ITdactyl

Appalachiosaurus already has a herd of mimids....  this is insane... why haven't they reached our islands... :D :D :D :D  my envy is so strong, so strong indeed....

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 20, 2018, 08:13:01 AM
Appalachiosaurus already has a herd of mimids....  this is insane... why haven't they reached our islands... :D :D :D :D  my envy is so strong, so strong indeed....

Saw the gallimimus at TRU Robinsons Magnolia :)
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 20, 2018, 08:13:01 AM
Wait,you already checked the stores here in PH? Cause i havent yet

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.