News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nimravus Collection

Started by Nimravus, April 10, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

Hi guys,
finally I have started putting together some pictures of my collection. As I told you before, due to space constraints, and a potential move in the following months, unfortunately I have almost everything packed and not displayed.
Anyway, this is a good opportunity to take pictures of each figurine and share them with you. I have always wanted to do it, especially after following some of the great collections that some of you have (kind of jealous, especially because you seem to have a lot of room for those huge collections!).
The long short story is that in the last six years, I have been moving from one country to another, from Spain to Portugal, then back to Spain, Scotland, and now in Germany, where I really started seriously my collection.
When I had all my collection displayed, I set it up based on families and genera close to each other, trying to match roughly the scale (1/30 and 1/40). On the other hand, for those small pieces such as Kaiyodos or PNSO minis, I put them together kind of randomly.
I collect extant mammals, and prehistoric animals, either Palezoic, Mesozoic or Cenozoic. The most important point for me is that they must like me, regardless if they are scientifically inaccurate (i.e. Papo). In the late months, I have also started adding to my collection classic figurines, such as old Carnegies, AAA, UKRDs or Invictas. In the latter case, they are lovely, and I understand why some members are in love with them.

So after all this long introduction of myself, and my collection, let me start with the my permian archosaurs. Hopefully you will enjoy.

The group picture

Safari Scutosaurus

Safari Inostrancevia

Schleich Dinogorgon

Carnegie Dimetrodon

Safari Dimetrodon

Papo Dimetrodon

My apologies in advance for the pictures, they are not as good as others, but I try my best. :P

Jose S.M.

Great figures, I missed on the Scutosaurus, I hold on buying it when it was on dejankins and when I was going to get it, it had sold out, I was very mad with myself.

Halichoeres

Love the Permian stuff, I only wish there were more of it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I really want either CollectA or Safari to release an Edaphosaurus next year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 10, 2018, 10:26:05 PM
Great figures, I missed on the Scutosaurus, I hold on buying it when it was on dejankins and when I was going to get it, it had sold out, I was very mad with myself.

I'm fairly certain I bought the very last they had, sorry to swindle you out of it but I wanted it for my collection as well!  :))
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

ceratopsian

My collection has just ventured into the Permian in the last few months, so especially welcome to see someone's else's figures.  If only more Permian creatures were available.....

Jose S.M.

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on April 11, 2018, 02:40:33 AM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 10, 2018, 10:26:05 PM

I'm fairly certain I bought the very last they had, sorry to swindle you out of it but I wanted it for my collection as well!  :))

:)) :)) No hard feelings, I'm happy you got yours, maybe one day I'll get one.

PlesiosaurusNessy

@Nimravus: Thanks for your presentation, it seems, you have perhaps an interesting profession,that you moved so much!

Wonderful first pictures of your collection! Personally, I like Dimetrodons very much and have a great collection of them in a wide range
of sizes, from 2 cm - 50 cm of length, but unfortunately til today I own none of your Dimetrodons! I am a fan of Dimetrodons!
The other animals are very nice looking,too! I am collecting AAA, Carnegie, U.K.R.D. and Invicta,too.

@ceratopsian: I like the perm period, too, the following animals existed in this time,too:
Dimetrodon, Edaphosaurus, Estemmenosuchus, Lycosuchus,Scutosaurus,Moschops,Gordonia,Elginia and the Gingko Biloba Tree!
And,you´re right, there are very less dino toy figures released from the permian period!
(Because you wrote,that your collection is more and more changing into permian period)!

@EarthboundEiniosaurus:Your Avatar photo is really cute!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

Fabulous collection of Permian dinosaurs my congratulations, on the other hand in my case I am waiting for it to be marketed in my case in my Store of the Museum Estemmenosuchus of Collecta to make company to those rarities of prehistoric animals (except the dimetrodon) in the company of the toy.

Faelrin

Great group pic. I hope I'll get some of those down the road since they do look rather nice together (such as the Dimetrodon figures, and the Schleich Dinogorgon. I already have the Safari Ltd Inostrancevia and Scutosaurus). I really do agree that it would be nice for more Permian creatures to be made into figures such as Diplocaulus, Edaphosaurus, Estemmenosuchus (well thankfully CollectA will have one this year), and Moschops (those are my favorites other then Dimetrodon, and Inostrancevia/gorgonopsids as a whole). Honestly it would be great if there was more for Scutosaurus too, since the Safari Ltd figure is retired right now, and really the only figure of it other then a really old and rare JP toy.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

Nimravus

Hi thanks to all.
I am indeed looking forward to adding the Estemmenosuchus from CollectA to my collection.
On the other hand, and as all of you have previously said, these creatures are not very much sculpted, other than the Dimetrodon of course. An Edaphosaurus would be very welcome as well.

Nimravus

Hi all,
next chapter of my collection. This time, the crocodilians that I do have. I have not included the Batrachotomus from Bullyland, as the figurine that I have isn´t in good condition. :'(

As usual, and to start with, a group picture

Then the Papo Kaprosuchus, magnificent, I love it!

With a detail of the head

The Bullyland Arizonasaurus, has anyone else produced this species other than Bullyland?

The Safari Postosuchus.

again with a detail of the head

And finally the CollectA sarcosuchus, which it is not the best model of this species out there, I must admit.

and showing a detailed area of the front part

Hopefully you will enjoy them.

I will keep on unpacking and taking pictures, to pack again afterwards >:(

Jose S.M.

Nice shots. If Safari updates the Postosuchus to be bipedal I wish they manage to make it as nice as this one, specially the head sculpt.

Shonisaurus

Arizinosaurus is one of my favorite figures (generally all of the Triassic) that Bullyland has made.

The Sarari postosuchus is the best thing that has been done in the prehistoric crocodile toy market, both the collectible size and the miniature.

As far as kaprosuchus is concerned, I like Papo very much but I most certainly like Safari, but it must be admitted that this kind of crocodile like kaprosuchus is very well represented and Papo very well achieved.

On the other hand the sarcosuchus although I like the version of Collecta that does not mean that it is a crocodile figure very badly valued in the toy market.

On the other hand Nimravus congratulate you on your collection.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I think the Bullyland is the only Arizonasaurus out there. There are some weird Spinosaurus/Dimetrodon hybrid figures by no-name companies that could look like one if you squint, but other than that this is the only game in town. Luckily it's one of the easier Bullyland Triassic figures to hunt down.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nimravus

In fact the Arizonasaurus is still sold in the Stuttgart Museum für Naturkunde. I was there less than two months ago and I saw it.

Nimravus

Hi guys,
new chapter for my collection. Today there was a bank holiday here in Germany, so I took advantage of it to make some photos. Unfortunately the weather was not very good, and the pictures of what I have displayed are pretty poor. Sorry in advance, I will update them one of this bright days that Stuttgart has  8)

As said, these are the dinos I have currently displayed.

What I have displayed is only part of my collection, the remaining is stored, still to be decided if they will see the light in a near future.  :(

Nimravus

I would like you to introduce you to my new two beautiful acquisitions!!!

Sinoceratops zhuchengenis from Vitae

I love it, it is extremely detailed and light. It is made of resin, so I will avoid giving it to the kids!!!

And now the Dilophosaurus from I-Toy. Very nice as well!

Hopefully next week I will be able to keep on posting new pictures!

Thanks for watching :)

Bokisaurus

Wow, nice additions to your collection. I like how you display them, looks like each box has a  story, a fight scene going on :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: