News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I would sincerely like Beasts of the Mesozoic to market all dinosaur species such as ceraptosians that are not ceraptosides. Totally agree with you Gothmog the Baryonyx. Although I think that knowing the brand will do if not in this year with time those animals that you like so much.

For example the koreaceratops or yinlong to put two examples two ceraptosiano that I like to rage to put two examples. That kind of dinosaurs I have to admit that they are very underrepresented in the toy market.

LeapingLaelaps

Some new shots of the painted Einiosaurus prototype from Facebook! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Honestly in my case I can not wait to get the einiosaurus from Beasts of the Mesozoic.  :P The modeling is awesome. The colors of the figure are very realistic.

Minmiminime

I'm not keen on the colour scheme of thus one, but man do I want it anyway!! 😻
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

LeapingLaelaps

Here's some more pictures from todays Facebook post, this time with comparisons to other figurines!

Shonisaurus

The einiosaurus is almost as big as Papo's kaprosuchus, so I estimate it to be a medium-large figure. I understand that the pachyrhinosaurus and xenoceratops of the same huge brand next to the einiosaurus that is dwarf next to those two ceraptosides I deduce that these figures must be huge figures.

Sincerely every day I like the Beasts of the Mesozoic brand more. Thank you for sharing the LeapingLaelaps photographs.

suspsy

Those are nice colours. So far, the ceratopsian line is shaping up very well. Looking forward to finding out what the next one is.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

It's really nice seeing this one finished now. I really like seeing this new ceratopsian family grow too (in the group pics).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

That Dinoriders comparison shot would make the larger two almost a foot tall right?!

I get that huge size will be a turn off for many, but for me it's exactly what I was hoping for. The hard part is going to be picking just one so I can order multiples without being overwhelmed. And Psittacosaurus on the side of course.

Shonisaurus

What I can not stop thinking about seeing the Beasts of the Mesozoic pachyrhinosaurus compared to the large einiosaurus that will be the triceratops in relation to size. I understand that it may be the same size as the triceratops of JP that I had years ago and I gave a gift to children of a distant relative.

I hope you commercialize www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk or www.minizoo.com.au these formidable figures and put them on sale as soon as possible.

Dinoguy2

What on earth is going on with the feet of these figures? Didn't ceratopsids have a large weight bearing pad under the "heel"? The feet look like hands, with an almost concave area under/behind the toes. It's extremely odd and makes it look like they're walking on tip toes or that the feet are too small.

Also, what is the reasoning behind putting the jaw joint halfway down the jaw? Some of the choices on these are straight up bizarre.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

stegosauria

Quote from: Daspletodave on January 21, 2019, 02:12:40 PM
The seams are hideous!

These figures will be action figures. Without seams they would just be simple, unposable figures and David's intent was the posability besides the figures will be scientifically accurate.

LeapingLaelaps

New color concept art, this time for Chasmosaurus belli! The colors on this guy are inspired by the Green Mantella (Mantella viridis)

Also, regarding the seams, these are fully articulated action figures, not plastic figurines like the ones Safari or Schleich makes, so they're going to have seams where the joints are.

On the topic of the feet, these figures aren't being commercially produced yet, so if you have an issue with the anatomy or a suggestion for how something could be done better, feel free to send David a message on Facebook and suggest a change. I don't think he uses this site and I'm not sure he even knows about this thread, so there's no way he's going to see your criticisms or suggestions.

Faelrin

Kind of reminds me of the Kenner one in terms of the color scheme, but the colors/pattern reversed. Nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoguy2

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on January 21, 2019, 04:49:28 PM

New color concept art, this time for Chasmosaurus belli! The colors on this guy are inspired by the Green Mantella (Mantella viridis)

Also, regarding the seams, these are fully articulated action figures, not plastic figurines like the ones Safari or Schleich makes, so they're going to have seams where the joints are.

On the topic of the feet, these figures aren't being commercially produced yet, so if you have an issue with the anatomy or a suggestion for how something could be done better, feel free to send David a message on Facebook and suggest a change. I don't think he uses this site and I'm not sure he even knows about this thread, so there's no way he's going to see your criticisms or suggestions.

Maybe I'll try messaging him, but I feel like it's not my job to do research and develop presentations for him... a glance at any decent paleoart or picture of a ceratopsid trackway would be enough.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Shonisaurus

Finally a toy dinosaur company that makes a chasmosaurus to an acceptable size. In the absence of a chasmosaurus by other well-known companies, a chasmosaurus figure will be marketed by Beasts of the Mesozoic and I think it will be great.

When I sell them urzeitshop, minizoo or everythingdinosaur I think I buy these figures of ceraptosides, in which the raptors in my case will wait for a long time. I feel a great weakness for the Ceraptosians.

suspsy

CB posted an image of the clay Centrosaurus head on their Facebook page. Looks pretty promising. It's about bloody time somebody made a Centrosauus toy!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

The arrhinoceratops and anchiceratops hope that one day (medium term) Beasts of Mesozoic reveal it are two ceraptosidos very undervalued by the vast majority of toy dinosaur companies.

On the other hand I am glad that they continue with the production of unknown ceraptosides in the toy market (as far as I know) as is the centrosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: