News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Triceratops Toys [Complete]

Started by Gwangi, June 21, 2018, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your personal favorite top 10 Triceratops toys

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Ceratopsian Set
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum, Cretaceous Set
Kaiyodo Advance Megasofubi
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5
Safari 90's Model
Safari 2000's Model
Safari 2018 Model
Safari Great Dinosaurs Collection
Carnegie Collection Version 1
Carnegie Collection Version 2
Schleich World of History
Schleich Conquering the Earth
Schleich Replicasaurus Version 1
Schleich Replicasaurus  Version 2
CollectA Baby Triceratops
CollectA Dead Triceratops
CollectA Early Procon Model
CollectA Deluxe
Collecta 1/15
Papo Adult
Papo Baby
Jurassic Park Kenner Original
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
JP3 by Hasbro
Dakin Triceratops
Jurassic World Roarivores
Takara Tomy
Favorite Co. Ltd. Soft Model (Series 2)
Favorite Co. Ltd. Triceratops vs. Tyrannosaurus Mini Model
Bullyland 2003
Bullyland 2017
PNSO Doyle (Disqualified)
PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs
Tyco
Recur
Kabaya
Invicta
Battat
Marx
Starlux
Inpro
AAA
Sega Dinosaur King/Prize Model
Carnage Dinosaurs by Re-Saurus
Safari Baby Triceratops

Shonisaurus

The triceratops of Favorite first version, as well as other figures such as deinonychus, styracosaurus, apatosaurus, ankylosaurus or brachiosaurus for example are based on their resin counterparts (obviously of better quality).

On the other hand, I voted in error regarding the triceratops of Schleich by Replicasaurus version 2 instead of the triceratops Conquering the Earth, which was the one in 2018 and that was what my vote was really destined for. With so many triceratops in the case of Schleich, I got to the time of voting. In fact the triceratops version 2018 Conquering the Earth is one of my favorite triceratops.

Actually triceratops Conquering the Earth of 2018 should have with my vote 9 points instead of the eight in the list of preferences.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 02, 2018, 11:24:11 AM
The triceratops of Favorite first version, as well as other figures such as deinonychus, styracosaurus, apatosaurus, ankylosaurus or brachiosaurus for example are based on their resin counterparts (obviously of better quality).

On the other hand, I voted in error regarding the triceratops of Schleich by Replicasaurus version 2 instead of the triceratops Conquering the Earth, which was the one in 2018 and that was what my vote was really destined for. With so many triceratops in the case of Schleich, I got to the time of voting. In fact the triceratops version 2018 Conquering the Earth is one of my favorite triceratops.

Actually triceratops Conquering the Earth of 2018 should have with my vote 9 points instead of the eight in the list of preferences.

This poll allows you to change your vote if you made a mistake.  :)

DinoToyForum

Yes, here is the Favorite 'Desktop Model' (version 1) that the series 1 'Soft Model' is based on:

Here is the series 1 'Soft Model' :

Here is the Favorite desktop model (version 2) (picture by Robingoodfellow on Flickr)

And lastly, the series 2 Soft Model (the only one of these four in the poll).

That still isn't an exhaustive list of all Favorite Co. Ltd Triceratops models, but it is where confusion might exist. I've updated the names of the two Favorite figures in the poll just to be completely clear. It originally just read "Favorite (series 2)" so maybe some voters thought they were voting for the desktop model rather than the 'soft model'?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 01:53:32 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 01:49:31 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on September 02, 2018, 01:45:17 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 01:25:09 AM

Nor would I, until I started digging out photos for the video. I wonder if voters for the Favorite Trike had a different figure in mind, there are several Favorite Co Ltd figures and desktop models after all, it would be easy to muddle them up.

Sure, you can certainly remove and change your vote for the disqualified statue.

Are we talking about the blue Araki soft model?  The title wasn't all that clear.

edit: Is there any way to include photos of the toy in future polls?  Not sure if it allows a thumbnail, but it would help seeing which model from a glance rather than googling all of them (for those who doesn't know by heart).

Yes, I included a picture of it upthread.

Yeah, I just went back to page 2.  I'm guilty of this, but that's because the head of the Favorite co. appeals to me more than the Schleich.  I'm not a fan of the blue, or the feet, or the proportions of the body, but I think it has a more handsome face.  I don't dislike the Schleich, and I think in many terms it looks better.  But I just find the head sculpt to be slightly off, and I can't put my finger on it.

That's fine, so long as you meant it.  8) I don't mean to question voters tastes, I just want to make sure they're fully aware what they're voting for.

Lizerd

This is weird saying this but I prefer ,asking dioramas that are small to models with a bland base. That's why lizard terrariums make great dioramas  :))
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lizerd on September 02, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
This is weird saying this but I prefer ,asking dioramas that are small to models with a bland base. That's why lizard terrariums make great dioramas  :))

Way off topic. C:-)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 11:32:58 AM

I would like to change my vote regarding the triceratops of Schleich Version 2 by triceratops Conquering the Earth. If the administrator changes my vote I would appreciate it beforehand.

Ravonium

For some reason, the 'Remove Vote' button has disappeared (at least for me). I presume this is the same for avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, hence the post above.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on September 02, 2018, 06:18:39 PM

For some reason, the 'Remove Vote' button has disappeared (at least for me). I presume this is the same for avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, hence the post above.

So it has. I've fixed that for you.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

Thanks dinotoyblog! I have also arranged my vote and thank you avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium  for commenting that detail I had not noticed.

Lizerd

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 03:58:06 PM
Quote from: Lizerd on September 02, 2018, 03:50:13 PM

Way off topic. C:-)
But I was pointing out why I dislike cool models with boring bases  :-[
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Ravonium

Quote from: Lizerd on September 02, 2018, 07:30:29 PM
But I was pointing out why I dislike cool models with boring bases  :-[

In that case, your post would have been better suited for this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7217.0

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 02, 2018, 07:12:55 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2018, 06:37:26 PM

Thanks dinotoyblog! I have also arranged my vote and thank you avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium  for commenting that detail I had not noticed.

No problem. Now anyone can remove their original votes and start again.

Lizerd

Carnosaur

How about the RC Triceratops from Animal Planet?
Its actually pretty nice.

Gwangi

Too late I'm afraid. The time to get something into the short list was back in June. Now it's time to vote. It's not bad though, for what it is.

DinoToyForum

Video added to the Top 10 Playlist and topic marked as complete. I had to toss a coin for the tenth place spot.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG7kvS_UjKVgDGwc6jHHvMd-vIvXsIj2G

SidB

Well, it's official. The long reign (unofficial) of the superb Battat Triceratops is finally over. Long live the new King. Congratulations to Doug!

Halichoeres

20 years is a damned good run, so congrats also to Greg Wenzel.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2018, 03:28:58 AM
20 years is a damned good run, so congrats also to Greg Wenzel.

Yes, absolutely! It's sad that he's no longer part of the dino scene, as far as I know.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.