News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

There is going to be some fun stuff next year! When are we going to see that Parasaurolophus? I really like the Plesiosaurus and hope we are in for more aquatic beasties (Attack Pack Nothosaurus anyone? Only a wish for now).

Disappointed by the teeth on the Tapejara. Come on Mattel, it isn't really "canon" to give that animal teeth because we never saw one portrayed in the films. It's just inaccurate.

Odd that the Stego repaint is actually a smaller size. They should make a young Stegosaurus. I like the colors they settled on for Styracosaurus. Cool that they're doing a green colored rex like from TLW, with a bonus baby rex repaint. I like the idea for the Legacy dual human/dino dual packs (Grant's camera-egg bag is a great accessory), but Grant is wearing the wrong costume. May not actually bother with these since I already have him and Muldoon.

Could someone PLEASE work on updating the first post with all these pics.

Faelrin

I'm just going to copy my comments about these newest reveals that I made elsewhere:

About the green rex:

QuoteI mean sure this new green rex isn't as elaborate as Kenner's bull rex was in terms of its color palette, but I'll gladly take it. At least judging from this image of it, since the leaked pic of the toy looked really good (even though the image quality on it was rather poor). Time will tell though. In any case major props to Mattel for listening to fans, and giving us a green rex in the first place (and an in scale Brachiosaurus, and a Parasaurolophus, etc).

I didn't even think to realize that the baby rex shown with it comes with it. I don't technically need the baby one since I have the one from last year, but I won't be passing up on the buck, especially if the leaked one was anything to go by.

About the white raptor:
If the white raptor is intended to be the JPIII raptor, it's disappointing, although of course the final toy could perhaps be better. The accessories Grant has looks pretty cool though.

In any case I'm still waiting to see how the quilled Legacy raptor looks, if it ever comes out soon, since I always more of a fan of the quilled ones from that film, then the white striped one (although ideally it would be nice to have them both).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ChrisLikesDinos

Agreed that the Legacy dinos aren't up to par. I went and made a dedicated Instagram for my edits, often centralized suggested edits with the Mattel toys.

Give it a follow if it's up your alley!

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicworld_toybox/

Halichoeres

I don't play the JW game, but my friend (who is a rhizodont expert) does, and he recently alerted me to the fact that you can play Rhizodus in the game now (as well as Dunkleosteus). I know it's a pipe dream, but I would 100% buy a Mattel Rhizodus (remember it's roughly the size of a standard great white shark!).

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Lol why do the rexes and the female raptor have red splatters all over them? Blood?

SpinoRex

This photo I found it on twitter, it looks like we're going to have two Concavenators

MLMjp

PARASAUROLOPHUS REVEALED!

Also full images of Concavenator

Concavenator looks better in these new pictures.
BUT THAT PARASAUROLOPHUS!

PD: I like how this Para is a quadruped unlike how it is typically portrayed in JP/JW media.

Dilopho

aww yessss, both of those are proper beauts

love how c h o n k y that parasauroloboy is

ItsTwentyBelow

YES! Parasaurolophus looks great! Only the hind limbs/feet look poor. Otherwise good quadrupedal pose.

These both look good, and the Concavenator's hands have been explained away enough for my taste. Its feet also look pretty nicely sculpted compared to Metricanthosaurus and others. I wonder how the other coloration for Concavenator will be offered, probably as part of a set?

Flaffy

The concavenator looks much better than the previous images. I appreciate the adequately sized tail too. Not too bothered by the inaccurate colours either. The arms are still freaky, it's like they stapled some buff human arms onto it; the (sadly film accurate) thumbs don't help either.

Love the Parasaurolophus other than the limbs, they look a bit off, especially those theropod feet. Why did Mattel give the Para clown feet when it stands on all fours (threes?). The colours are nice, wouldn't mind having a little more paint on the crest like the Kenner toy though.

I'll gladly pick both of these up if they come to Hong Kong for once. Again Mattel really needs to work on international distribution. I don't want to buy everything online anymore and pay expensive shipping costs.

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp You should have heard the squeal come out of my mouth when I saw that pic of the Parasaurolophus. I know it's just the promo pic and not the final toy, but at least we have a good idea of the sculpt (and possibly the color scheme to some extant if this and the one in the app are anything to go by). And boy does it rival Kenner's. I honestly can't wait to see how the two compare. I really like how it is in a quadruped pose, although I wonder if the head has any articulation, one could possibly still pose it much like the original Kenner one. I could not be more pleased with it so far though. I can't wait for it to be released (along with some of the other goodies shown so far).

And lastly I've changed my mind on the Concavenator. I really like the sculpt detail and the coloring on the tail looks interesting. And is it just me or are the eyes on the head smaller on the actual toy then in the promo pics? The huge eyes on the promo pics of it, were one of my only gripes with it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

The Parasaurolophus probably does stand on its back legs. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of its two action features, some sort of mechanism to switch the locking point for the legs.

MLMjp

Ok, here is the "new" Triceratops.

Looks really similar to the Roarivore so it could be a retool. But at the same time could be a new figure. Who knows....
If its not a retooled Roarivore, then I hope is bigger figure. We need a bigger Triceratops.
PD: It has come to my attention that the legs of this triceratops are more "spread" than the roarivoreĀ“s. Hopefully that's not the only thing that is different.

SpinoRex

That Triceratops reminds me of the Triceratops roarivore prototype from last year that was green, I like it                                                                                 

terrorchicken

will definitely pick up the new parasaurolophus although I still think the original LW version was a better figure(wish I hadn't sold it and the LW allosaurus on eBay years ago... sigh.) Dont like the concavenator at all. Not really liking many of these larger theropod sculpts. Ive only liked T-rex, carno, and baryonyx(which I missed out on getting.) The upcoming albertasaurus is nice though, even if it doesn't look like one.

suspsy

I won't be buying any of these toys, but I'm going to echo what ItsTwentyBelow posted above. Could somebody please add all these recent images to the first post in this thread?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

ITdactyl

Oh that para... Nice. But... uh, did they get lazy and just recycled theropod legs?  That's slightly disappointing....

ItsTwentyBelow

I think it's pretty clear that the "Dual Attack" function will simply be a button for moving the tail back and forth, and one for the jaw or head attack function. All the pictures would suggest this.

Although it would be nice if you can pose the Parasaurolophus on its hind limbs and tilt the head forward as well.

Ankyloranodon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on November 04, 2018, 03:22:26 PM
Odd that the Stego repaint is actually a smaller size.

No it's not? It's a remold of the existing Action Attack figure.

ItsTwentyBelow

Ah, I had misread what is written above the Stego pic. It says Styracosaurus is very small. My bad.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.