News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2019 : The Year of the Spinosaurus [Figure]

Started by mgaguilar, May 27, 2019, 03:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

2019 : THE YEAR OF THE SPINOSAURUS

It appears that by some freakish coincidence, many, many dinosaur toy manufacturers have projected to release a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus in 2019. I, like many of you, personally am not complaining at all, and I'm sure if avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji were here, she'd be absolutely ecstatic. This thread was created in an effort to make a holistic comparison between each of the released Spinosaurs this year, with the hope of giving a simple and clean summary. If there are any that I may have missed, or if this has already been done elsewhere, please let me know. I was also thinking of adding some images of quadruped spinosaurs from previous years, for comparison purposes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHORT-LEGGED SPINOSAURS:

-PNSO

-REBOR [UNRELEASED]

-PAPO [UNRELEASED]

-SAFARI LTD

-SCHLEICH

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BIPEDAL SPINOSAURS (JURASSIC PARK FRANCHISE)

-WAN LONG TANG (W-DRAGON)

-NANMU STUDIOS [UNRELEASED]

-REBOR [UNRELEASED]

-MATTEL

Syndicate Bias

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 27, 2019, 03:31:15 AM
you forgot the Rebor one

Thanks S @Syndicate Bias. Added! Wish there were official photos of the promo already. Can't wait to grab the Grab & Go's.

Andanna

Great thread. Excellent topic. Hoping for regular updates and observations as I will be in the market for one.  I have not decided yet whether I go for authenticity or movie monster.

Jose S.M.

I still need to pick one of these! it's very difficult to choose!

suspsy

I think the PNSO version is the very best, followed closely by the Safari and Schleich ones. Still can't get past that ridiculous eel tail on the Papo figure. Couldn't care less about all the fantasy movie monsters.

And as I've noted before, I'm still perfectly happy with my two little twins from CollectA. :) :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

I think I might actually like the Rebor the best, oddly enough. But I'm with Suspsy on the Papo figure. The eel tail is bizarre, but I also don't like the positioning of the forelimbs.

Jose S.M.

I think the Safari one would look better with a different paintjob. I actually don't dislike the factory one but I have the feeling that something else besides browns would make it more appealing.

MLMjp

IMO you should change the QUADRUPEDAL SPINOSAURUS to SHORT LEGGED SPINOSAURUS, since, you know, we don't really know how it walked or if it even walked.

Killekor

I'm happy to see a thread about this!

My personal favorite is the Papo one which shows a striking reconstruction of my favorite dinosaur! I love all it's details and I also like it's eel tail!
Next there's the REBOR one, of which I like the clean look and the simplicity of it's design (although it has also some really nice details).
Another great model (for me) is the PNSO one. When I first saw it I got really impressed by it, but now there's something in the overall look that doesn't convince me. In any case it's price it's too high for me.
Of all this Spinosaurs the only one I have is the Schleich one, and i can definitely say that I'm exalted by it! It's certainly one of the best dinosaurs made by that company.
The one which I least like is the Safari version, because i find it ugly.
I agree with Jose S.M about the fact that it's paint job it's horrible. It really shows it's worst side. Maybe if I'll see a repainted version of it I could change idea.
Anyways, I celebrate the fact that the scientific Spinosaurus is deserving a lot more attention.

Long live the Spinosaurus!!!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438