News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019

Started by DinoToyForum, June 19, 2019, 10:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019 sponsored by Urzeitshop is now open! The contest is taking place a little later in the year than usual, but you will still have the whole summer to get to work, and once again, Urzeitshop is providing some generous prizes for the winners.

Rules, regulations, terms and conditions

Entry is free.

Anyone can enter. All members of the Dinosaur Toy Forum, including staff, are invited to participate. Non-members wishing to participate are invited to register to the forum, this is free.

Dioramas. Dioramas must feature prehistoric creatures: from belemnites to Brontosaurus, so long as it's prehistoric it doesn't matter. The definition of "diorama" for the purpose of this contest is open to interpretation. It could be a traditionally constructed diorama scene, or toys arranged in your back yard, or whatever you like. So, get creative! Dioramas must be new (never published or shared on the internet before) and must have been produced by the entrant. Stealing somebody else's diorama will result in disqualification.

One diorama per member. Entrants may submit one photograph of their diorama. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.

Title. Entries must be accompanied by a creative title.

Photoshop is allowed, but the original photograph(s) used in the diorama must be your own. Using somebody else's photographs will result in disqualification.

Winners. There will be three winners in first, second and third place respectively (no joint positions). These will be selected by a public poll open to all Dinosaur Toy Forum members, which will take place shortly after the closing date (see below). A tie-break poll will be created in the event of any tied positions. There will also be three additional honourable mentions for dioramas in positions four to six.

Prizes. This year the contest is sponsored again by Urzeitshop, who have provided the following generous prizes:

1st place prize: €150 voucher for Urzeitshop
2nd place prize: €100 voucher for Urzeitshop
3rd place prize: €50 voucher for Urzeitshop

N.B. Prizes exclude shipping costs, i.e. the winner can choose to pay for shipping costs with part of the voucher or separately.

How to enter

Entries must be anonymous until the winners are announced. We therefore request that entrants do no watermark or sign their entries or discuss them on the forum until after the results are announced.

Entries should be submitted as a .jpg image file at least 1000px wide . Larger sizes will be accepted but will be resized by the contest organisor for ease of viewing on the web.

Send your entry as an email attachment with the following format:

The email title should read as follows: "diorama contest 2019 [ forum username ]"

The email body should include the diorama title

Send the email to [email protected]. A confirmation email will be sent to entrants within 14 days.

Deadline. The contest is open from today (Wednesday 19th June 2019) until the deadline on Saturday 19th October 2019 (entries received after 23:59 hours (11.59pm) AST on 19th October 2019 will be invalid.)

Additional terms and conditions
By entering this contest, you agree to give The Dinosaur Toy Blog and Dinosaur Toy Forum the right to share your entry in the public poll, public blog and forum posts, and on social media, for the following purposes: the public vote, announcement of the winners, and promotion of this and future Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contests.

Good luck!
We hope you have a great Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2018 sponsored by Urzeitshop, the first company to sponsor the contest twice! Check out their online store. Last but not least, we wish you the best of luck!

Killekor

Thanks for the information Dr. Admin! I'm happy to see that this year there will be a contest!
I'll probably enter, and I wish to everyone that enters the best of luck!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Primeval12

Hell yeah! Time to put my new camera to use. I have several questions though.

1) am I allowed to use dinosaurs that did not exist (EX. the indoraptor or Indominus rex)?
2) Can there be human figurines in it?
3) Do the dinosaurs have to be from the same time period?

Gwangi

Quote from: primeval12 on June 21, 2019, 11:36:48 PM

1) am I allowed to use dinosaurs that did not exist (EX. the indoraptor or Indominus rex)?

I'm not the boss, but I've been around here awhile.

1)Yes
2) Yes
3) No

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on June 22, 2019, 12:23:15 AM
Quote from: primeval12 on June 21, 2019, 11:36:48 PM

I'm not the boss, but I've been around here awhile.

1)Yes
2) Yes
3) No

Correct. :) We've had a few entries in the past with a Jurassic Park / Science Fiction theme.

Lizerd

Yes! Finally I have something to do this summer  :D
Time to get to work  ;D
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Ravonium

Hmm, guess I'll have to get to work on something  :P  (Note to self: think of a more original idea this time around)

Libraraptor

Hooray, it is that time of the year again! I will be fighting hard for my average of 10 loyal voters each year I entered. Being there is everything!

Ramose

WOOOHOOOO! And extra time this year, so excited!

Ravonium

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 22, 2019, 09:11:31 PM
Hooray, it is that time of the year again! I will be fighting hard for my average of 10 loyal voters each year I entered. Being there is everything!

And meanwhile, my goal will simply be to get more than 1 voter  :P

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ramose on June 22, 2019, 09:52:45 PM
WOOOHOOOO! And extra time this year, so excited!

We are starting later in the year than usual, so we are ending later in the year. :)

Sketchy

I watched last years blog and was sad I forgot to enter, but now im finally here and ready to compete who else is.

TheStego’sWife

Oh this is so exciting! Such a wonderful time of year and the outcome is almost like Christmas.  :))
Best of luck to everyone and I cannot wait to see all the lovely entries!!
Yes I don't need it, I just want it. There's the difference.

AllosaurusInTheForest

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if we sculpt a completely original model, then post about it in Dinosaur Art, is it okay to use it in the diorama or would that mess up the anonymity?

Ravonium

Quote from: AllosaurusInTheForest on July 19, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if we sculpt a completely original model, then post about it in Dinosaur Art, is it okay to use it in the diorama or would that mess up the anonymity?

Not the organiser, but yes, the situation you describe would disqualify any entry with said-model.

Federreptil

Quote from: AllosaurusInTheForest on July 19, 2019, 05:19:27 PM

But if you don`t publish your own sculpt and design here in the forum, why will you do not participate first the Diorama Contest and talk about it afterwards in the other threads? Many members have done this in the past years. If this is your only profile, I can see only two postings from you and no one with a new original model. So nothing should be lost. In the other way - what is with a spectacular repaint to mask a soon published model?

Riddlebox

Brocc21

Man I really hope my backyards pretty enough  :o
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.