News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Announcing... Animal Toy Blog

Started by DinoToyForum, August 21, 2019, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

It had to happen eventually, I suppose! Today we launched the Animal Toy Blog, which is being run by B @bmathison1972 and myself, with support from Authors avatar_SBell @SBell avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium (Badger) and Beetle guy.

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/

It is a sister site to the Dinosaur Toy Blog, in the same way the Animal Toy Forum is a sister to this forum. The holy trinity of DTB, DTF, ATF, has become the holy quaternity!

It still needs to be fleshed out a little but the first reviews are already posted, and we're also accepting guest reviews and suggestions for regular reviewers. Discussion is here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2494.0

suspsy

I actually have a number of extant animal figures I bought for my son that I could review!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on August 21, 2019, 02:49:51 PM
I actually have a number of extent animal figures I bought for my son that I could review!

You'd be most welcome! It would be nice change for you to be on the contributing end of a guest geview, rather than the receiving end!  :))

Gwangi

I don't really collect animal toys but I have enough of them that I could contribute a nice assortment of reviews.

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 21, 2019, 02:57:23 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 21, 2019, 02:49:51 PM
I actually have a number of extent animal figures I bought for my son that I could review!

You'd be most welcome! It would be nice change for you to be on the contributing end of a guest geview, rather than the receiving end!  :))

It's especially nice in that, since I'm only posting reviews to the DTB once a month, I finally have more writing to do! I'm going to begin with three of the Southlands Replicas toys, but I won't be able to start writing until next week, as I'm currently on vacation in the Maritimes.

Shonisaurus

Enjoy the summer holidays suspsy.

Libraraptor

This is good news! I think the ATB will fill a much needed gap. Good luck!

Nanuqsaurus

I've been expanding my extant animal collection a lot lately, it's actually quite a bit bigger than my dinosaur toy collection. Yet so far I have never used the animal toy forum. With the addition of a blog, maybe now it's the time to look into it! I don't know if I'm very good at writing reviews though, I've never written any before.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 22, 2019, 07:03:13 AM
This is good news! I think the ATB will fill a much needed gap. Good luck!

I hope this means you'll contribute :-D (assuming you have extant critters too!)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on August 22, 2019, 11:38:21 AM
I've been expanding my extant animal collection a lot lately, it's actually quite a bit bigger than my dinosaur toy collection. Yet so far I have never used the animal toy forum. With the addition of a blog, maybe now it's the time to look into it! I don't know if I'm very good at writing reviews though, I've never written any before.

Yes, join us! :)

Faelrin

I have a couple Safari Ltd figures (turkey, bald eagle, elk, muskox, and the older bison), and one of the older Schleich wolf models. Assuming none of these have been claimed yet, I would like to contribute with reviewing some of them, if not at least one of them. I will certainly be following this blog, since I do enjoy extant animal figures as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

Quote from: Faelrin on August 24, 2019, 02:23:04 AM
I have a couple Safari Ltd figures (turkey, bald eagle, elk, muskox, and the older bison), and one of the older Schleich wolf models. Assuming none of these have been claimed yet, I would like to contribute with reviewing some of them, if not at least one of them. I will certainly be following this blog, since I do enjoy extant animal figures as well.

yes, please contribute! We have just begun so no one has showed interest in any of the figures you've mentioned.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 24, 2019, 04:16:59 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on August 24, 2019, 02:23:04 AM

yes, please contribute! We have just begun so no one has showed interest in any of the figures you've mentioned.

Indeed, it's a free for all! :))

DinoToyForum

The Animal Toy Blog is really taking shape quickly!

Thanks to all the authors and guests who have contributed so far!

suspsy

I still have one more Southlands Replicas toy to contribute, and then a bunch of sea creatures from CollectA and Safari.  :) 

DinoToyForum

Over 40 animal  toy reviews already and the blog is barely a month old! http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/

CityRaptor

Lots of sharks and hyenas on that first few pages.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 19, 2019, 08:32:58 PM
Lots of sharks and hyenas on that first few pages.

You can blame Suspsy and I for the shark reviews, blame Sbell for the hyenas. Although let the record show, I wrote the FIRST hyena review on the ATB.  >:D

EDIT: You should be happy there aren't any horse reviews yet.

suspsy

I still have one more shark review that hasn't been posted yet!

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2019, 09:00:22 PM
I still have one more shark review that hasn't been posted yet!

I have several but I guess I should hold off on the shark reviews in the interest of blog diversity.   :P

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.