News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

American Museum of Natural History, NY: The T. Rex Exhibit

Started by Andanna, September 01, 2019, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andanna

Having just finished the book "The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs", I drove to NYC to visit the temporary exhibition on T. Rex.  It is open until August 2020 and is highly recommended. 

One of the main focus points of the exhibition was the growth of T. Rex:

https://www.livescience.com/64936-t-rex-new-look-exhibit.html

u

Andanna

Another part of the exhibit was a mural with members of the Tyrannosaur family.

suspsy

Great photos. Sure hope this exhibit eventually goes on the road; would love to see it come to the CMN.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Andanna

I just realized that the scientist behind PNSO, ZHAO Chuang, is also responsible for a large part of this exhibit, including the models showing the growth of T. rex and the mural:

After working with the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in 2016 for its special exhibition Dinosaurs Among Us, Mr. ZHAO Chuang, PNSO's scientific artist accepted AMNH's invitation and collaborated as its partner artist once again. Based on the latest scientific research, he created 25 science artworks on dinosaurs. The species he depicted include adult and young Tyrannosaurus rex, as well as Dilong, Guanlong, Zhuchengtyrannus, Yutyrannus, and Xiongguanlong etc.

http://www.pnso.org/?p=598

A truly small world.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Andanna on September 02, 2019, 02:05:25 AM
I just realized that the scientist behind PNSO, ZHAO Chuang, is also responsible for a large part of this exhibit, including the models showing the growth of T. rex and the mural:

After working with the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in 2016 for its special exhibition Dinosaurs Among Us, Mr. ZHAO Chuang, PNSO's scientific artist accepted AMNH's invitation and collaborated as its partner artist once again. Based on the latest scientific research, he created 25 science artworks on dinosaurs. The species he depicted include adult and young Tyrannosaurus rex, as well as Dilong, Guanlong, Zhuchengtyrannus, Yutyrannus, and Xiongguanlong etc.

http://www.pnso.org/?p=598

A truly small world.

His style is quite unmistakable.  I am not sure it is so much a case of "small world" as that he is very well known in his field and highly sought after!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.