News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun--New for 2020

Started by suspsy, November 11, 2019, 12:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

It looks like the sculptor was told to do a Quadropedal Spinosaurus, and he/she really had no idea how should it look like, so just improvised....

stargatedalek

It's just a JP spino with a bad back and a crest. Even has a clearly JP3 based colourscheme.

Faelrin

Yeah that's yikes. I thought they were improving but sadly not. Oh well at least there's plenty of other brands I can buy from, so no worries here I guess.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

The Mojo spinosaurus is perhaps not good but it has its grace considering that its prototype and not the real figure. The head is well sculpted but the hump or rather dorsal candle reminds me of a "retro" dinosaur from the Crystal Palace in London. Its colors seem interesting but somewhat rusty, on the other hand a brand like Mojo destined for the market for prehistoric toy animals could have worked better.

Primeval12

Szajmin

I like it,
is this the same mold then previous Giganotosaurus? I can't quite tell. The head looks bit different, if so i wonder why they just not repaint the 2018 version.

Now i wonder if  they remake the barynoyx as well.

As for the spino, i want to look at sail from another angle.

suspsy

Looks like they retooled the Giganotosaurus to fix the stability issues. That's good, but this is still a pretty boring lineup thus far.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

What interests me about this Mojo giganotosaurus figure that is an improvement over its previous figure and the skin is very flaky. Hopefully the prototype as indicated does not differ much from the real figure, as fortunately it happened with his triceratops and Mojo dunkleosteus this year.
The figure is much better than other giganotosaurus of other companies such as Schleich (the adult giganotosaurus I mean) if the real figure really does not differ much from the commercial figure would be to celebrate that Mojo had made this magnificent figure.
I suppose that this year they will announce at the most another dinosaur or another prehistoric animal knowing the philosophy of the brand.

SidB

Liked and purchased their Triceratops from the last batch of offerings. Good model despite the retro front feet. Pass on this batch, so far.

Silvanusaurus

Well, this is bleak. That Giga actually appears to be an entirely new sculpt...

This was last years...

The new one actually looks quite a bit worse to me... so what was the point?

Takama

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on November 13, 2019, 07:59:47 PM

This was last years...

The point is to make sure that the model stands.

The old one from what i Know has some Severe Stability issues. and would not stand up for most people.

So i take it that there bascialy tweaking the sculpt and possibly using a diffrent material.

That in IMO might be the point.

So many People(Not on here necesarrily) seem to hate mojo lately when they are Clearly trying to make there products look more modern then the ugly old Tail Draggers from there past.

Sure they may not be accurate, but neither is Papo, yet they clearly dont strive for acuracy.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2019, 08:11:06 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on November 13, 2019, 07:59:47 PM

This was last years...

The point is to make sure that the model stands.

The old one from what i Know has some Severe Stability issues. and would not stand up for most people.

So i take it that there bascialy tweaking the sculpt and possibly using a diffrent material.

That in IMO might be the point.

So many People(Not on here necesarrily) seem to hate mojo lately when they are Clearly trying to make there products look more modern then the ugly old Tail Draggers from there past.

Sure they may not be accurate, but neither is Papo, yet they clearly dont strive for acuracy.

That would make a lot of sense if they had just changed the legs/feet... but it's literally an entirely new sculpt, all of the details, proportions and design are different, so I am not really sure what you are saying.

suspsy

Old.

New.

The new one definitely looks more stable, but they're both pretty meh.

Takama

I fully believe that the Stability issues were the reason why they Remade the model.

Here is what They wrote on there Facebook

Quote"Production issues in last years Giganotosaurus prevented it from reaching its potential so this year we have completely remade the model in order to bring it up to the level of quality we wanted. Say hello to the NEW new MOJO Giganotosaurus! "

Honestly,  It looks more stable then the Old one ever did.   

Shonisaurus

I welcome the company Mojo correcting their mistakes satisfactorily. From my point of view at most they will reveal what remains of the year a new dinosaur. It would be a surprise if they revealed more than four figures or even more than the three figures they have revealed.

On the other hand, Mojo spinosaurus is much better than its predecessor.

Szajmin

Szajmin

Also on FB somobody asked
"Have the issues with the blue Baryonyx been sorted out too? I've been waiting for it to be re-issued!"

Ad Mojo replied
"We have resolved the issues on this model and you will be seeing an updated version soon"

suspsy

Shonisaurus

Honestly, Mojo mandschurosaurus looks great. I don't understand hadrosaurid biology, but the color and sculpture showing the muscles look great. Honestly it may not be the perfect mandschurosaurus but it is a very good figure for me and perhaps much nicer than the troodon of the same brand and competes in genius with the Mojo giganotosaurus. Hopefully the actual figure of the commercial figure shown will not vary.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Mandschurosaurus and Giganotosaurus I think they are great... But I hope not to see a oversized foot in the Giga...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.