News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun--New for 2020

Started by suspsy, November 11, 2019, 12:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Curious and unexpected choice for me. Looks nice but I'll wait to see the size and in hand pictures before deciding, it definitely has me interested

Flaffy

Wow, I genuinely did not expect this.
Even though I already have the PNSO Mandschurosaurus, which is better than the Mojo one in every way other than paintjob; I definitely am looking forward to seeing some in hand photos of this guy. And if the figure looks good, it's going into the basket (assuming I can find it in physical stores locally).

Faelrin

Nice to see a figure of an obscure hadrosaur done, even with a few issues. It looks good for the most part though. Hopefully the final product will be decent too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Despite the unfair valuations and criticisms that I have poured on the Mojo dinosaurs, sincerely, the new Mojo 2020 dinosaurs are superior in quality compared to the year 2019. I hope they are of an acceptable size like the Mojo theropods of 2018 but similar or same as the prototype as the prehistoric animals of Mojo 2019 although they cost a little more.

The Mojo triceratops of 2019 is beautiful and is an improvement over all the triceratops made by the company and the same can be said of its dunkleosteus but unfortunately they are too small to my honest understanding.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 14, 2019, 04:31:30 PM
Despite the unfair valuations and criticisms that I have poured on the Mojo dinosaurs, sincerely, the new Mojo 2020 dinosaurs are superior in quality compared to the year 2019. I hope they are of an acceptable size like the Mojo theropods of 2018 but similar or same as the prototype as the prehistoric animals of Mojo 2019 although they cost a little more.

The Mojo triceratops of 2019 is beautiful and is an improvement over all the triceratops made by the company and the same can be said of its dunkleosteus but unfortunately they are too small to my honest understanding.
Actually, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I really would never describe you as being unfair. I find that you are a generous and big-hearted person and if you do have criticisms, they are very well-founded indeed. I appreciate your ongoing assessments and enthusiasm.

Andreioli

In a reply to a question on the Facebook post with the Mandschurosaurus picture, Mojo says there will be at least 5 more new dino figures in 2020.
So there will be around 10 prehistoric releases from Mojo in 2020, quite a lot more than in the past years.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB Thanks for your beautiful words. I try to make constructive criticism in any case.

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli I am very glad of the news that you have given me that there would be at least one more dinosaur and in total there will be ten prehistoric animals by the Mojo brand. I celebrate it. Perhaps one of his figures is a prehistoric mammal and my longed for paraceratherium? Time will tell. Anyway, any figure is welcome by Mojo.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2019, 08:11:06 PM

So many People(Not on here necesarrily) seem to hate mojo lately when they are Clearly trying to make there products look more modern then the ugly old Tail Draggers from there past.

I will concede that Mojo's offerings are much better than what they used to put out, but they're still well short of Safari, PNSO, Favorite, or CollectA.

Quote from: Andreioli on November 14, 2019, 07:55:04 PM
In a reply to a question on the Facebook post with the Mandschurosaurus picture, Mojo says there will be at least 5 more new dino figures in 2020.
So there will be around 10 prehistoric releases from Mojo in 2020, quite a lot more than in the past years.

Wow, that's quite a few. The Mandschurosaurus is the one I'm most tempted by so far, but I think I still prefer the PNSO version. Maybe the next few will garner some of my dollars.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Everything was so "meh" until I saw that Mandschurosaurus, that one looks very nice.

PD: Is it me or the most unexpected toy companies now are producing at least one obscure species in their dinosaur toy-line? Mattel has some obscure species in its 2020 lineup, Mojo is making this Mandschurosaurus, Schleich made an Animantarx last year...

Takama

When i say they made them to look more MODERN. I meant post Jurassic Park to put it simply.

Not saying they are accurate as Safari,CollectA,PNSO ETC, but there not as Awful looking as some of Schleichs pieces, but still not as Detailed as most Papo models

The Prehistoric Traveler

triceratops83

I've slowly rebuilt my collection up with just Ornithopods, so this Mandschurosaurus is a pleasant surprise. It's a well sculpted piece and the added plus is that it's generic enough to be any Hadrosaur you want it to be. Thank you Mojo!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 14, 2019, 10:11:29 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2019, 08:11:06 PM

So many People(Not on here necesarrily) seem to hate mojo lately when they are Clearly trying to make there products look more modern then the ugly old Tail Draggers from there past.

I will concede that Mojo's offerings are much better than what they used to put out, but they're still well short of Safari, PNSO, Favorite, or CollectA.

I don't hate Mojo, or any other company for that matter. They definitely are making an effort, especially with going to all the trouble of fixing the stability issues on their Baryonyx and Giganotosaurus, but as Halichoeres noted, they have a long way to go in terms of both accuracy and quality. That Spinosaurus has a decent head, but the rest of it is virtually indistinguishable from a JP3 toy. It would not have taken that much research to create a better one; simply doing a Google image search for "accurate spinosaurus" results in a wealth of information.

Anyhow, we'll see what they reveal next.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

Like i Said

At least there models are not Tail Draggers like there very first ones.

I Dont catagorize them in the same vain as Safari CollectA, or PNSO. More like Schleich, Papo, and Rebor

terrorchicken

they're okay, the big feet remind me of the Jurassic World figures. The new giganoto is definitely an improvement from the old one. The hadrosaur is nice too but the big feet makes it look a bit thin in body mass.

GojiraGuy1954

I got their Baryonyx, and the paint job is bad. I'll wait until videos about it come out, and if it's good, i'll get the Mandschurosaurus.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Mattyonyx

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Hmmm. Some potential here. Is that a new T-rex?

suspsy

Isn't that T. rex a repaint? Same for the Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Allosaurus?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.