News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2020 Forum Banner

Started by Ravonium, January 01, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avian

I agree with the choice of the Papo Megaloceros, my favorite upcoming figure so far...
Well, maybe I like the Safari Edmontosaurus a little bit better...
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Killekor

I like the banner that Pachyrhinosarus suggests, but my opinion is that each of the figures shown in the banner should be by a different brand, because it's a bit annoying a banner on which 3 of the models shown are by Safari and 2 by CollectA.
Anyways, the figures I would include in my ideal banner would be the following:

- Papo Megaloceros (I think that most of us agree on this guy).
- CollectA Ammonite.
- Safari Ichthyosaurus OR Qianzhousaurus OR Deinonychus.
- Eofauna Atlasaurus (if it counts as a 2020 item, because it has been released in December 2019); if not, Schleich Baryonyx.
- Mattel Callovosaurus.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ravonium

Quote from: Killekor on January 03, 2020, 09:20:48 PM
I like the banner that Pachyrhinosarus suggests, but my opinion is that each of the figures shown in the banner should be by a different brand, because it's a bit annoying a banner on which 3 of the models shown are by Safari and 2 by CollectA.
Anyways, the figures I would include in my ideal banner would be the following:

- Papo Megaloceros (I think that most of us agree on this guy).
- CollectA Ammonite.
- Safari Ichthyosaurus OR Qianzhousaurus OR Deinonychus.
- Eofauna Atlasaurus (if it counts as a 2020 item, because it has been released in December 2019); if not, Schleich Baryonyx.
- Mattel Callovosaurus.

Killekor

Can agree on the Papo Megaloceros, CollectA Pleuroceras and Eofauna Atlasaurus (it was released late enough that many here will get it this year). For Safari though, I think Edmontosaurus fits the best (though none of the ones you've suggested are bad choices).

I'd also add a BOTM figure to this (my choice would be the Styracosaurus).

Shonisaurus

In my case Papo: megaloceros or stygimoloch
Safari: edmontosaurus, pachycephalosaurus or deinonychus or qianzhousaurus.
Collecta: Lisowicia bojani or marine invertebrates (in general perhaps my favorite is nautilus) or bajadasaurus.
Schleich: postosuchus or above all and of course baryonyx or maybe (I'll have to see it in person) the ankylosaurus
Eofauna honestly I stay with the two deinotherium oatlasaurus

stargatedalek

https://postimg.cc/nCwDmJZx

I threw this together based loosely on suggestions here. I also took the liberty of adding the most talked about 2020 dinosaur release  ;D

I wanted to include the REBOR Spinosaurus but I also didn't want to spend the time the rest of this was to make again just cropping it out of the black backdrop, same for Nanmu. PNSO Dakosaurus and Favorite Mosasaurus were included from last years releases to try and diversify the brands a bit more.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 04, 2020, 12:53:06 AM

https://postimg.cc/nCwDmJZx

I threw this together based loosely on suggestions here. I also took the liberty of adding the most talked about 2020 dinosaur release  ;D

I wanted to include the REBOR Spinosaurus but I also didn't want to spend the time the rest of this was to make again just cropping it out of the black backdrop, same for Nanmu. PNSO Dakosaurus and Favorite Mosasaurus were included from last years releases to try and diversify the brands a bit more.
Pefect

Loon

I nominate avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek's banner as well. I'm like that pretty much every big company is represented; even the #bestfigureof2020, Papo's Giganotosaurus, gets some "love".

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on January 04, 2020, 01:12:47 AM
I nominate avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek's banner as well. I'm like that pretty much every big company is represented; even the #bestfigureof2020, Papo's Giganotosaurus, gets some "love".
Im honestly suprised you like it.Looks like you found charm in it!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on January 04, 2020, 01:12:47 AM
I originally had it facing off with the Mattel Tarbosaurus, but I got to BOTM and quickly realized it was unworthy of that spot.

Stegotyranno420

Hey avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek , I decided to put the text on your banner. Sorry if you dont like it.

Syndicate Bias

Good thing we don't have that ugly Giga in there. I like this banner too.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 04, 2020, 01:41:41 AM
Good thing we don't have that ugly Giga in there. I like this banner too.
Whose banner

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 04, 2020, 01:20:07 AM
Im honestly suprised you like it.Looks like you found charm in it!

It's not the worst figure in the world, honestly, and my vitriol about it was a bit premature, but, I don't really "like" it. I find it to be a very amusing figure, and honestly might buy it because of how funny it turned out. I think it's the best dino toy meme since the old Carnegie Spinosaurus.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 04, 2020, 01:41:41 AM
Good thing we don't have that ugly Giga in there.
Quote from: stargatedalek on January 04, 2020, 01:24:54 AM
it was unworthy

Primeval12

OH LORD... NO!

(Quoted wrong and dunno how to fix)

Dinoxels

Hah I love that Giga one. avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Love the design, just don't like the Mojo Fun Apato on there.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyForum

The giga one is a perfect banner... for April 1st.  :))

I like the one with lots of small figures by avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek and would use something like it, but there needs to be at least one figure split between the left and right edges, and the design should be less symmetrical. This is so that on large screens it isn't obvious where the repeating pattern ends and begins, and so that both the left and right edges of the banner appear 'chopped off'. On the current banner, for example, the Quetzalcoatlus is split in two. On mobile, only the the left part of the background is visible.

stargatedalek

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 04, 2020, 12:23:09 PM
The giga one is a perfect banner... for April 1st.  :))

I like the one with lots of small figures by avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek and would use something like it, but there needs to be at least one figure split between the left and right edges, and the design should be less symmetrical. This is so that on large screens it isn't obvious where the repeating pattern ends and begins, and so that both the left and right edges of the banner appear 'chopped off'. On the current banner, for example, the Quetzalcoatlus is split in two. On mobile, only the the left part of the background is visible.
Easy tweak, I still have it saved as a layered version. I'll get on that today then ;)

*edit*

Made it less symmetrical and split the Megaloceros. Removed a couple that felt especially packed in, and the Mojo Apatosaurus.

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Cool, would you mind sending me the psd (or equivalent layered) file so I can make some tweaks? e.g. I would like to clean up the shadows and rearrange slightly more evenly. Unless you don't mind doing that as well, but I really would be happy to do it myself.

stargatedalek

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 04, 2020, 04:58:48 PM
Cool, would you mind sending me the psd (or equivalent layered) file so I can make some tweaks? e.g. I would like to clean up the shadows and rearrange slightly more evenly. Unless you don't mind doing that as well, but I really would be happy to do it myself.
I use paint.net, a free photo editing program.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uz8seed9xo8vzc8/DTF_backdrop.pdn/file

The ones I removed from the earlier version are still there, the little check mark next to the layer makes them visible or invisible.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.