News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Our own avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector is starting their own line of 1:35 scale dinosaur figures called Wild Past, with the first model, a Protoceratops with nest, due to be released sometime in the next few weeks! The models will be sold directly via eBay for now, though they've looked into the possibility of selling via some of our favorite online retailers in the future.
I don't want to suggest an incorrect timeline for future releases, so I will simply post pictures of the final version of the Protoceratops that is nearly ready for shipment, and I will let avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector add more photos to this list if they think more models will be ready within the year.
Check out the general discussion thread for Wild Past here if you want to look at some of the preview images for other models:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7671.0

With a Papo Trike and Collecta Einiosaurus for scale:

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector's supply, in preparation to start selling them!

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 28, 2019, 10:08:27 AM
So... it finally happened. I hope everybody had a merry christmas. After hard working days over christmas for me I received a package full of dinosaurs today. So that's a little relief. I bet nobody got more dinosaurs for christmas then me  ;D

I will prepare the last things and will do some close ups soon.

ItsTwentyBelow

A very nice little model, nice surprise. These photos suggest they are serious with their production. Considering working with online retailers also seems like a serious step. I'd welcome any new 1:35 series if even such a small figure ends up looking this nice!

Do we have pricing?

Loon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 01, 2020, 05:50:08 PM
Do we have pricing?

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 31, 2019, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on December 31, 2019, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: Martwad on December 31, 2019, 03:40:36 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, do you know how you are planning on releasing/selling these?  I would love to get my hands on a pair.

He's going to have an Ebay listing sometime January-ish, from what I can remember him saying on Instagram. 9-11 € will is about the price right now, and it is limited to 500 pieces.

that sums it up perfectly!
I will give information on the "how to purchase them" soon

Flaffy

How much of the fine detail from the original digital model has been captured on the final product?
Are there still individual scales as seen on early 3D printed prototypes?

Faelrin

I was unaware avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector  has a figure line in the works. This looks like quite the beautiful little figure too, and it would be nice to finally have one of these in 1:35 scale. Hope I can get my hands on one if they will be limited in production.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

indohyus

Nice little figure. Love to see how this line expands with new species.

Quote from: Flaffy on January 01, 2020, 06:55:08 PM
How much of the fine detail from the original digital model has been captured on the final product?

The above images all depict the final production models.

Quote from: indohyus on January 01, 2020, 07:05:17 PM
Nice little figure. Love to see how this line expands with new species.

Stay tuned! As I said in the initial post, you can check out the general discussion thread for the other upcoming figures that have already been announced. I simply didn't include them in this "New for 2020" thread because they aren't all finished, and I'm not sure which will be released at what time. All I know is that the Protoceratops w/ nest is ready to go, and that it will be available within a few weeks.

Szajmin

Wow, nice figurine. Super cute.

I hope buying via ebay will be an options.

mgaguilar

Could always use more 1:35 models. The proto's look great! Looking forward to the next releases.

terrorchicken

very nice...I like an emphasis on smaller ornithopods and theropods with that scale size.

Quote from: Szajmin on January 01, 2020, 10:34:34 PM

Buying via eBay will be the ONLY option for now.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 02, 2020, 11:11:53 PM

I would like some DTF member to notify you through a link to the eBay online store. I am highly interested in this magnificent miniature.

Martwad

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2020, 11:37:04 PM

I would like some DTF member to notify you through a link to the eBay online store. I am highly interested in this magnificent miniature.

I've just been checking this forum frequently for an update.

MLMjp

I wish them luck, specially if they want to focus on smaller species in 1:35, there is a severe lack of them.

Quote from: Martwad on January 03, 2020, 04:00:47 PM

Yeah, just keep checking in here and in the general discussion thread, and I'm sure they'll be available soon enough!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 03, 2020, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: Martwad on January 03, 2020, 04:00:47 PM

Yeah, just keep checking in here and in the general discussion thread, and I'm sure they'll be available soon enough!

I can assure you that I will be a sure buyer of that beautiful protoceratops.

DinoToyCollector

Time to join this discussion myself  ^-^
First of all: I feel very honoured to appear in this part of this forum with my own figures.
A lot of questions had been answered already and will be answered soon (yes, it's all about the pricing and availability).

But there is one question I want to focus on:

Quote from: Flaffy on January 01, 2020, 06:55:08 PM

That's the question I have been waiting for and it was the top question for me.
The details are not as good and in a quantity visible as seen on the first prints. Yes, it is not a high end dinosaur figure but it's very good at being a toy. There has been half a year passed since this figure has gone into production and a lot has been learned regarding details and coluring for the upcoming figures. So we benefited a lot from all the issues the production of the Protoceratops gave us to make the upcoming figures even better.

Flaffy

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 05, 2020, 10:35:58 AM
Yes, it is not a high end dinosaur figure but it's very good at being a toy.

How hard/soft is the figure's material? Any companies you could compare the Protoceratop's 'feel' to?
E.g. Schleich ---> soft

ItsTwentyBelow

I can fully appreciate that there would be some loss in fine detail with the final figures.

As long as the photos of the Protoceratops figures in the original post are what we will receive, I'm interested. They look very well painted for such small figures. Improvements on future figures sounds great if this is the starting point.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.