Author Topic: PNSOŚNew for 2020  (Read 33253 times)

Patrx

• Global Moderator
  • Triassic survivor
  • It's Morphin' Time!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Triceratops!
Re: PNSOŚNew for 2020
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
Wow, the Lambeosaurus may have been a bit of a miss but I really dig the looks of that nodosaur.

John

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2020, 09:19:59 PM »
The Lambeosaurus is the best hadrosaur to come out since those of Battat in 1997. 8)
It has the potential to be the best dinosaur to come out this year from any company so far.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:24:34 PM by John »
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Patrx

• Global Moderator
  • Triassic survivor
  • It's Morphin' Time!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Triceratops!
« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »
Oh, wait, I got 'em mixed up and actually meant to describe the Corythosaurus as "a bit of a miss". The Lambeo looks much better to me!

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2020, 09:48:48 PM »
I have the impression that both the lambeosaurus and the borealopelta (although more explanatory photographs are not yet revealed) are going to be the best PNSO figures of this year.

John

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 23, 2020, 10:19:39 PM »
Oh, wait, I got 'em mixed up and actually meant to describe the Corythosaurus as "a bit of a miss". The Lambeo looks much better to me!
It is a bit odd that they could get the proportions of Lambeosaurus spot on but not Corythosaurus... :o And I was not aware the Borealopelta would be in this mid range line.That's good to know. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dinoguy2

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Carnegie Collectors Archive
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2020, 12:56:07 PM »
Is it impossible for this just to be an individual with a large head? Or am I just grasping at straws?

I don't think animal body proportions usually vary that much, unless through ontogeny. When's the last time you saw a horse or komodo dragon with a head 20% larger than usual on a normal sized body?
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Collectors Archive - https://carnegiecollection.blogspot.com/

Remko

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
Is it impossible for this just to be an individual with a large head? Or am I just grasping at straws?

I don't think animal body proportions usually vary that much, unless through ontogeny. When's the last time you saw a horse or komodo dragon with a head 20% larger than usual on a normal sized body?

Meh, the Nanmu Apatosaurus, although a gorgeous figure, has a head that's four times the size it should be in 1/35th scale.
With Sauropods this is really of putting, but I don't really mind it on the Hadrosaurs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 03:05:05 PM by Remko »

stargatedalek

• Ultimate survivor
  • When in doubt, feather it out!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Fratercula arctica
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »

You're oversimplifying it a lot. The head is in scale with the forelimbs, but too large relative to the torso, which in turn is too large relative to the back legs. I would say the head is probably the least egregious part, given how much of its overall dimensions are inherently variable with the keratinous crest and beak. The tiny hindlimbs and vertically compressed torso are the bigger offenders I'd say.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

• Precambrian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx walkeri
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2020, 04:05:36 PM »
Honestly the slightly too large head doesn't bother me. The dearth of good Hadrosaur toys means this is still one of the best and I plan to give one PNSO Corythosaurus a place in my home.

Between tithe two Hadrosaurs, my favourite Stegosaur, and now these, I think we are being spoiled by them. Still cant decide whether to wait for Everything Dinosaur pr not though
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulndadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Halzskaraptor, Caihong

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brembodus
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2020, 11:31:33 PM »
Honestly the slightly too large head doesn't bother me. The dearth of good Hadrosaur toys means this is still one of the best and I plan to give one PNSO Corythosaurus a place in my home.

Same. PNSO has always taken some liberty with proportions, but usually in minor enough ways that I'm able to look past it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

ceratopsian

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:42 AM »
This is also my view.  Plus when all is said and done, it's a $20 toy and not a $300 model.

Same. PNSO has always taken some liberty with proportions, but usually in minor enough ways that I'm able to look past it.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
This is also my view.  Plus when all is said and done, it's a $20 toy and not a $300 model.

@ceratopsian Completely agree with you.

Honestly the figures of PNSO are fabulous and more this year. I think we demand too much from a brand of toy dinosaurs. If we want complete perfection in a corythosaurus, lambeosaurus, borealopelta, atopentatus or tuojiangosaurus, we can only find it in a collectible figure intended for the adult public and those figures are the resin figures whose figures are the utmost perfection, but obviously they are made of a noble and extremely expensive material.

In my case, I think I'm very badly used to dinosaur figures from PNSO or other brands. I do not think we can demand extremely much for a figure of 20 euros / dollars. The PNSO figures like those of other toy dinosaur brands are worthy of both the adult audience and the child audience. I think that we demand a lot and we are not being fair not only with PNSO but with the rest of the toy dinosaur brands that fortunately exist in the market. We must, of course, make objective and constructive criticisms of the different toy dinosaur figures as we are doing in the DTF in order to encourage and encourage collecting companies to improve the new figures year after year, something that in most of dinosaur brands like PNSO are doing it all the more when PNSO is an outstanding brand modeled and their figures advised by one of the best Asian paleoartists of the moment Zhao Chuang.

Mattyonyx

• View Profile
    • Paleo-Nerd
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx
« Reply #472 on: October 26, 2020, 03:37:53 AM »
Atopodentatus on Amazon!

https://amzn.to/3osxGGP

Bokisaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Carboniferous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Amargasaurus
« Reply #473 on: October 26, 2020, 04:08:35 AM »
OMG, they just keep on coming!😂
Excellent and exciting new figures!

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 26, 2020, 04:38:30 AM »
Atopodentatus on Amazon!

https://amzn.to/3osxGGP

In my case I will wait for it to arrive on Aliexpress and for the prices to drop.

Faelrin

• Reviewer
  • Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor
« Reply #475 on: October 26, 2020, 05:22:19 AM »
Nice to see it is already available or will be soon. Hopefully the Borealopelta follows shortly after.

Other then these I'm still wondering if/when the others teased back in April are releasing such as the Pachyrhinosaurus, Parasaurolophus/Charonosaurus, etc.

I'm not sure how accurate the numbers on Amazon are, but it looks to be a few numbers missing still (such as 30 and 31 for example), so there's a few figures left possibly?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702.0

For a list of what formations the Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor and ceratopsian series species (including some possible tyrannosaurids) were found, go here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg239970#msg239970

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Protoceratops
« Reply #476 on: October 26, 2020, 05:33:09 AM »
I'm so tempted, but honestly the size is a big factor that'a holding me back. I'll probably grab it off AliExpress and see how I like it compared to the mini.

postsaurischian

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
 :D The Atopodentatus is awesome. Had to order one immediately.
 It looks like PNSO is making 2020 their year!

....... a few numbers missing still (such as 30 and 31 for example), so there's a few figures left possibly?

One of them is the Borealopelta. So there's at least one more figure to reveal.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2020, 09:06:28 AM »
Is there a store on Aliexpress that sells such a figure of atopodentatus at a cheaper price than its Amazon counterpart?

postsaurischian

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
« Reply #479 on: October 26, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
Is there a store on Aliexpress that sells such a figure of atopodentatus at a cheaper price than its Amazon counterpart?

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001651232727.html?spm=a2g0x.12010609.8148356.2.49775ef6TC7yye