News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New 2021 Mattel Jurassic World rumors/leaks

Started by Rex King, August 22, 2020, 03:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex King

Take this with a grain of  salt.

NEW Attack Pack entries of note:

Dimetrodon
Zuniceratops
Nasutoceratops
Moros Intrepidus

Also new in the Target system, 'Roar Attack' but no new species.

So, the list:
"Wild Pack" replaces AP's, like an AP with a Savage Strike action feature:

Baby Nasuto
    Herrera (redeco or repack)
    Moros
    "Speed" (two decoes)
    Raptor (because OF COURSE)
    Dimetrodon
    Zuniceratops

Savage Strike: unknown, possibly retired?

Roar Attack (replaces Sound Strike):

Cerato (two, implied new sculpt)
    Para (implied new)
    Baryonyx (two, one explicitly redeco)
    Pteranodon
    Ankylosaurus
    Triceratops
    "Dino 5"
    "Dino 4"
    adult Nasuto

Mega Breakout: replaces Massive Biters, now with CAPTURE GEAR

Now for  new  amber collection

suspsy

Moros and Zuniceratops would be most welcome, although Suskityrannus would have gone better with the former.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

I'm still wondering if we will be getting the Troodon and Kenner or concept art styled Gallimimus that was revealed earlier by mistake a while back. I hope they were not ultimately canceled. Would be such a shame if they were.

This is also not the first time I've seen mention of Pyroraptor (though shame it wasn't something more complete like Utahraptor) and Deinonychus either (kind of a redundant choice). Might be featuring in Dominion? Although I know Mattel has a thing for doing other species. Either way hope they will be in the smaller scale as well (if they are new species for Dominion that's probably likely). The other Amber Collection stuff is good to see as well. I don't find some of those (particularly the tiger raptor, Echo, and Ellie) as so surprising. On the other hand, an Amber Collection Pteranodon and Dimorphodon would be really cool to see, and it would be really interesting to see how the articulation is done on those. I would expect a bit more then what is on the Attack Pack Dimorphodon for instance, but it is a good start to get an idea of.

The baby Nasutoceratops (edit: or at least I'm guessing that is what the Attack Pack one will be) is going to be a most welcome addition for sure, and honestly one I was hoping for after seeing the work on the animatronic for it for Dominion, aside from it featuring in BaBR too of course.

Zuniceratops will be great too see as well, though I doubt it will top David's recent take on it. May make a good companion to the Protoceratops in this line though. I'm certainly curious to see how it turns out though, as it has certainly made its way onto my list of favorite ceratopsians now. Moros will be cool to see as well, like this year's Alioramus. Extremely fragmentary though, and I also agree with avatar_suspsy @suspsy that Suskityrannus would have been a better choice.

Another Dimetrodon is good too, after how rare the Dino Rivals one ended up being, or seems to be what with the prices going for it these days.

If I had to guess perhaps some of this stuff will be hitting the shelves in time for the holiday season, like in prior years? Or will they hold it off it until spring? There's also the whole Camp Cretaceous thing coming out next month, so I imagine the holiday season may focus on that for the time being.

As per usual I'm always down with new species for the line, regardless of what we get. I'd also be down with some more film accurate animals, but I probably won't focus on those next year as much, as I still think many of 2018's, etc hold up pretty well. I would like to see a revised/new Allosaurus sculpt though with better proportions however, so I'm hoping this one gets some time in the limelight in the next film after starring in BaBR.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Rex King

I got one more listing

New Jurassic World Dominion toy listing
Ankylosaurus new
Baryonyx new
Ceratosaurus new
Dilophosaurus (Interactive)
Dimetrodon
Fire Dino (Code Name)
Giant Dino (Code Name)
Herrerasaurus new
Mirror Dino (Code Name)
Moros
Nasutoceratops (baby)
Parasaurolophus new
Slasher Dino (code name)
Speed Dino (code name)
Triceratops new
Velociraptor (Tiger) [Interactive]
Zuniceratops

PrimevalRaptor

Moros is a really specific choice (especially given it's fragmentary nature) but hey, if it's good that's a neat entry for the unique species list.
With the Deinonychus and Pyroraptor seemingly having the "Amber Collection" tag which I associate with "animals/characters shown in the movies" I low-key suspect those might show up in Dominion? (If this is true, of course)

Dinoxels

So, I am guessing the new creatures in the movie (if this is real):
MAYBE Dimetrodon (I doubt), Zuniceratops (YES!), Nasutoceratops, Moros (closest thing we are going to get to an Appalachiosaurus), MAYBE Herra (I doubt), Undisclosed "Dino 4"  and "Dino 5" (probably the "Slasher Dino" and the "Speed Dino"), MAYBE Ceratosaurus, MAYBE Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, "Minor Dino" (probably compy), Pyroraptor (I suspect that's what the "fire dino" is), Deinonychus, and "Giant Dino" (probably Dreadnoughtus). I am curious about the "Mega Breakout", as the so called "CAPTURE GEAR" lines up with the images of the Dinosaurs in the cages from the set photos. As for just the new figures, I love the idea of the tiger raptor, as well as the JP1 raptor. Ankylosaurus and Triceratops don't really interest me too much. I highly suspect Baryonyx and Parasaurolophus are going to make a return for Jurassic World Dominion as well. The Kayla character lines up with some information Jurassic Outpost has given us. A new human figure for Ray Arnold is also welcome.
Also I just love the idea of a baby Nausto.

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Anything previously appearing in JP lore is a good candidate to get made/appear in film.  If it's a new sculpt it's a fair bet that Mattel had to make an updated version for the film.

I think we are still going to see those Kenner repaints, troodon ect before Spring.  March/April is when the FK toys came out for the film, I would expect the same.

"Giant Dino" makes me think of the Giganotosaurus rumor.

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon It looks like you may be right about that as CollectA Jurassic has started posting images of those Savage Strike figures that were leaked/revealed earlier, suggesting these are Wave 3, which definitely does sound like the movie stuff will release in spring after all.

I would be so stoked for a Giganotosaurus (and relatives such as Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontasaurus). I'm also hoping it is an Apatosaurus. I have no doubt that the Brachiosaurus was a success, and it is one of the more prominent film species yet to be made.

Flaffy

To my understanding, the Amber Collection is reserved for film species/characters. So I guess that's a soft-confirmation for Pyroraptor and Deinonychus for JWD. Interested to see how those two turn out. Hopefully they don't look like half-assed plucked chickens.

If the Jurassic World Alive (mobile game) designs are what the on-screen versions are gonna look like (save for the naked hands), then I'll definitely be intersted in picking these 2 raptor figures.
[Pyroraptor]

[Deinonychus]

MLMjp

Weird that there is a Nasutoceratops atack pack considering there is a baby one in the Wild Pack assortment that we asume is about the same size range and an adult listed in the larger figures assortment. What is supposed to be? A dwarf Nasuto?

I didnt got the original Nasuto (had to postpone the purchase and now buying from overseas is the only way for me to get it) so it returning to the selves in 2021 would save some money in trying to get one.

First Siats, now Moros. At this point I think we can except at least one super obscure species from Mattel each year. Also if these are real and they come out in 2021 I will be able to say "No hay Moros en la costa" if I dont find it on stores. ;D ;D ;D

I do think I read something about figures of Pyroraptor and Deinonychus. If being part of the Amber collection means that they could appear in JW dominion, then I must say that it is weird that they add two more dromaeosaurids. I can understand adding one more, to have something a bit different that the usual Velociraptors, but two more?

indohyus

Moros is an interesting choice, hope that does end up happening. May be fragmentary, but there have been genus' been erected from less.

Rex King

So we got some new  images from mattel for mattel
Thanks to Collect Jurassic

Savage Strike Monolophosaurus

Another Savage Strike Stygimoloch repaint

They're will be more images to come so stay tune.

Dinoxels

avatar_Rex King @Rex King Where did you get the information for the Moros, Zuniceratops, and the "Mega Breakout" line, as well as some of the other listings. I fail to see them in the images you provided.

Takama

Whoh now

I have not found the blasted Scutosaurus and Postosuchus instore yet, (and Scalpers are no help either ::)) and this is whats to come in 2021? :o

I think I will Quit as soon as i complte my list of species for 2020

Because this year has been hell for me when it comes to Mattel.

I like to Wish everyone good luck hunting in advance once these new toys hit store shelves. no matter how soon that would be.   

Rex King

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels  Jptoys, Jurassic Fandom for the amber collection stuff,

Rex King

terrorchicken

Fire raptor? Mirror raptor? I really hope they're not going to give the 3rd film's dinosaurs more mutant powers. The venom spitting dilophosaurus and invisi-indominus was bad enough.

I dont see any carnotaurus in that line-up. I hope he's still in the third film even if its just a cameo, I just love that jobber. :D

Dinoxels

Flaffy

My guesses:
Fire Dino --> Pyroraptor
Giant Dino --> [insert apex theropod]
Mirror Dino --> ?? (god I hope this isn't some sort of hybrid)
Slasher Dino --> Deinonychus
Speed Dino --> ?? Some ornithomimid? Archaeornithomimus making it's debut perhaps?

Faelrin

Mirror dino sounds interesting. Could it perhaps be something that uses mimicry? The only thing I can think of is perhaps a dinosaur (if not another prehistoric animal) that part of its name means mirror.  I'll see what I can find, because nothing comes to mind.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.