News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Game: LIFE The Evolution Of Life On Earth Series

Started by Oammararak, September 19, 2020, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oammararak

Topic moved to new thread - Admin  C:-)

Quote from: Stolpergeist on September 18, 2020, 06:20:18 PM
If this project becomes a real thing a lot of new taxa can be added to this list, we should keep an eye on it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Hello everyone, my name is Oammararak Suchimonsri, the creator of "LIFE:  evolution of life in earth, the series" Thank you for taking the time to look at my game, it's my first board game and miniature project. I have a well established production program for printing and assembly of "LIFE", but I'm new to marketing and I'm trying to spread the word about my passion project and make new business connections. I greatly appreciate your interest in my game and miniatures, and I would like to formally invite you to check out the Kickstarter page and share the link with friends and family. Scientifically accurate models are a priority for me, and I take great pride in sculpting each miniature by hand in as much detail as I can for their size. I sculpt each model on my computer and get a negative 3d mould printed, and then cast a durable  epoxy resin. This will not be a "e-file and print at home" model, each creature and plant will be a physical copy, ready to paint.

I was first fascinated by prehistoric life at a young age when I watched Jurassic park, and it captured my heart with the wonderful world of dinosaurs and fossils. Later in life I enjoyed playing "E. V. O" and "search for eden". The creatures were never quite scientifically accurate in the media I watched, so I dove deeper into pre-history to learn as much as I could about early life on earth.

I am currently working on re-translating the Kickstarter pages and rule book, I'm aware it's difficult to read at the moment, but please bear with me on these growing pains. If it is not funded this time, I will pull the game for a short while, re-work the English translations and clarify the rules, and make the different pledges more accessible.

If "LIFE:  evolution of life in earth, the series" does quite well, I have a total of 16 different ecological eras already planned out for expansions! There will be new maps, new content  and plenty of new miniatures.

Please help this game become a great success in the scientific and gaming community by sharing this with colleagues and fellow community members.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at :[email protected], or commenting on my Kickstarter page.

Please bear in mind English is not my first language and I may have to take time to consult my translator to help me with a proper response. Thank you for your time and consideration,
Oammararak, creator of "LIFE:  evolution of life in earth, the series"

DinoToyForum

Welcome O @Oammararak

What a fantastic game you're developing! I think this topic deserves its own separate thread so I will set one up for you and move your post there...

I love the concept!

profnik

These are so cool I'm going get these in 2021 coming out soon to order online :D 

Oammararak

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 19, 2020, 12:10:26 AM
Welcome O @Oammararak

What a fantastic game you're developing! I think this topic deserves its own separate thread so I will set one up for you and move your post there...

I love the concept!

Thank you very much.  :))

Oammararak

Quote from: profnik on September 19, 2020, 01:09:25 AM
These are so cool I'm going get these in 2021 coming out soon to order online :D

Thank you for your support! Currently the game and models are a prototype for a  Kickstarter exclusive. There is currently no plans for a mass market game release. If the Kickstarter is successful, then I can finish minatures and have a budget to make extra models and cast it with epoxy resin. You can purchase the models only if you do not wish to pledge for the whole game on Kickstarter.

If the game isn't funded, then it will be very hard for me to budget to make this project a reality. I'm not sure how many supporters I will get if I put the game out without going through Kickstarter as well.

Flaffy

WOW, now that's a lot of unique species that have never, and will likely never be made by any major company.  :o
Very interested in this line! But as others have said before, the Kickstarter is very confusing to read/navigate. Which might turn off people from supporting the project.

Another reason the project is currently not as successful as it can be, could be due to a lack of marketing. Like quite a few others, I was just notified of this project's existence when announced here on the DTF. Maybe going around to other dinosaur toy collecting Facebook groups, contacting dinosaur toy reviewer youtubers etc will help get word of mouth out.

Please don't feel discouraged if the current Kickstarter doesn't reach its goal. I'm sure with a better designed/worded Kickstarter campaign, and more people knowing about the kickstarter in the first place; a potential relaunch will be a lot more successful than the first one. 

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres With so many never-before made fish in the line, any strike your fancy?  ;)

Faelrin

Dang the timing of this could not be worse for me, because of bills, etc that need paid around the time this will end. I want to back it though, but it would not be able to be at full financial potential (assuming this is successful in the end). There are so many interesting genera, many of which have been on my wishlist to see made for who knows how long now. If I'm understanding correctly I can just pick the $1 option and set my pledge amount for the number of miniatures I want?

I also like the concept of the game (despite not having any to play it with really), and that you drew inspiration from EVO: Search for Eden. I love that game.

But say this is successful, would there then be a way to order more of the miniatures later on? I would assume a survey would be sent out (such as through backerkit) to get information such as which figures one pledged for? Would there be an option to order more at that time (which I know backerkit allows, see the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Series as an example).

Edit: Okay so going down each list/category, I picked out the ones that interested me the most (there are plenty of others that interested me, but have representations by Kaiyodo, Favorite, Safari Ltd, etc that I could live without these versions).

Would I be able to order all of these (if not now, but at the time the survey is sent out)? I did not see individual prices for some of these, hence why I am asking about it.

Another edit: Added prices for the ones that seem to have them, which categories they seem to be shown in, etc. Another edit 2: Fixed some of these as I misunderstood at first. The Predator figures are also included in the Explorer pledge tier as well, and likewise they are both included with the Museum pledge tiers as well.

Included in the Predator pledge tier section (also included in the Explorer and Museum pledge tiers, though not shown in their sections):
Precambrian:
Dickinsonia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Kimberalla (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)

Cambrian:
Laggania (also included in the pick your own section below at $4)
Anomalocaris (also included in the pick your own section below at $4)

Ordovician:
Megalopterus (no individual price yet?)
Aegirocassis (no individual price yet?)
Cameroceras (no individual price yet?)

Silurian:
Carcinosoma (no individual price yet?)
Mixopterus (no individual price yet?)
Eurypterus (no individual price yet?)
Pterygotus (no individual price yet?)
Acuitramus (no individual price yet?)

Devonian:
Hyneria (no individual price yet?)
Tiktaalik (no individual price yet?)

Included in the Explorer pledge tier section (also included in the Museum pledge tier, though not shown in its section):
Inaria (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Isorophus (no individual price yet?)
Favosites (no individual price yet?)
Ausia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Haootia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Petalocrinus (no individual price yet?)
Siphusauctum (no individual price yet?)

Included in the Museum pledge tier section:

Precambrian:
Spriggina (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Mawsonites (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Obamus (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Fractofusus (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Thectardis (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Funisia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)

Cambrian:
Waptia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Choia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Haplophrentis (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Aysheaia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Myllokunmingia (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Obabinia (also included in the pick your own section below at $3)
Hurdia (also included in the pick your own section below at $3)
Dinomischus (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Pirania  (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)
Metaldetes (also included in the pick your own section below at $2)

Ordovician:
Neoasaphus (no individual price yet?)
Ampyx (no individual price yet?)
Isotelus (no individual price yet?)
Furca (no individual price yet?)
Arandaspis (no individual price yet?)
Astraspis (no individual price yet?)
Conodont (no individual price yet?)
Hyolithes (no individual price yet?)

Silurian:
Thelodus (no individual price yet?)
Doryaspis (no individual price yet?)
Boreaspis (no individual price yet?)
Climatius (no individual price yet?)
Ischnacanthus (no individual price yet?)
Jamoytius (no individual price yet?)
Cheiracanthus (no individual price yet?)
Parexus (no individual price yet?)
Offacolus (no individual price yet?)
Ainiktaozoon (no individual price yet?)
Hughmilleria (no individual price yet?)
Proscorpius (no individual price yet?)
Cooksonia (no individual price yet?)

Devonian:
Harpes (no individual price yet?)
Walliserops (no individual price yet?)
Gemuendina (no individual price yet?)
Cheirolepis (no individual price yet?)
Rolfosteus (no individual price yet?)
Eusthenopteron (no individual price yet?)
Drepanaspis (no individual price yet?)
Microbrachius (no individual price yet?)
Bothriolepis (no individual price yet?)
Lunaspsis (no individual price yet?)
Pituriaspsis (no individual price yet?)
Coccosteus (no individual price yet?)

From the pick your own section:
$2 each (Precambrian):
Spriggina (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Mawsonites (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Obamus (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Fractofusus (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Kimberalla (also included in the Predator pledge section)
Dickinsonia (also included in the Predator pledge section)

Funisia (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Thectardis (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Haootia (also included in the Explorer pledge section)
Ausia (also included in the Explorer pledge section)
Inaria (also included in the Explorer pledge section)

$2 each (Cambrian):
Waptia  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Haplophrentis  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Choia  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Aysheaia  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Myllokunmingia  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Pirania  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Dinomischus  (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Metaldetes  (also included in the Museum pledge section)

$3 each (Cambrian):
Opabinia (also included in the Museum pledge section)
Hurdia (also included in the Museum pledge section)

$4 each (Cambrian):
Laggania (also included in the Predator pledge section)
Anomalocaris (also included in the Predator pledge section)
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

O @Oammararak
Very cool concept! Why are some of the pieces colored and others flat gray?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Oammararak

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy   Thank you. Now I have assistance translate in my team now. We working hard to improve the campaign.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin  Thank you. I'm working on the next era to choose what you want. And if this successful I will use Backerkit for late pledge.

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono   Thank you. The miniature is cast in epoxy resin. That it is gray color. The miniatures color you need to paint it.

Faelrin

O @Oammararak Thanks for the information. I guess I'll go ahead and pledge for some. I can always change or add things as time goes. I really hope to see some more of those figures from the Ordovician, Silurian, and Devonian in the more expensive pledge tiers added to the pick your own thing, even if it would need to wait until the Backerkit surveys were sent out. The Ediacaran, Ordovician, and Silurian in particular have pretty poor figure representation prior to this project of yours. Of course this all depends on if this can be funded successfully, which of course I hope it can be, because I've been waiting for a long time to get a chance to add some of these obscure creature, etc to my collection, such as like the Cooksonia, and the Tiktaalik, and many others.

BlueKrono

Which set has the minis and which has the big ones?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Oammararak

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin   Sorry about the present photo. It drop my photo quality. The new picture will improve it.

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono    Predator set is all big more than normal creature, because I use the scale up to actual size. The biggest is in the Ordovician.

This is my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/LIFEevo/

BlueKrono

You got me with the lobopods.  ^-^ Now you're 3/4 of the way there! Come on backers...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on September 19, 2020, 08:56:07 AM

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres With so many never-before made fish in the line, any strike your fancy?  ;)

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy thanks for thinking of me! :) I definitely backed this almost as soon as I heard about it, dozens of new fish genera for me. A few of them I hadn't even heard of. Thanks ? @Stolpergeist for bringing it to our attention. I get emails from Kickstarter that are supposed to alert me to campaigns that might interest me, but they must have a pretty bad idea of what my interests are, because I always get things I don't care about but they never told me about this one!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

indohyus

Want to grab a few of these, but want them to release more figures to buy individually. Don't want all, just a few.

Halichoeres

OK, so I've gotten a lot of questions about how this works. If you're not familiar with Kickstarter campaigns for board games, you might find the project page confusing. Some FAQs relevant to figure collectors:

Can I just buy certain figures?
Yes, that's what the "pick what you want" tier is for. For this you would have to add up all the figures you want and pledge the amount needed to cover them. They seem to range from $2-$6 each. I'm not sure whether all figures are intended to be available in this tier, but currently all the Ediacaran and Cambrian ones are, at minimum.

Are they painted?
Mostly no, like most gaming miniatures they come unpainted so that players can customize them. However, the "pre-paint museum" pledge tier includes the game and a complete set of pre-painted miniatures. There does not appear to be a way to pledge for individual painted figures.

Are they magnetic?
Mostly no. The pre-painted magnetic figures shown near the top of the page are just a gift for the first 100 backers who pledge "predator tier" or above. This isn't the main product.

I hope O @Oammararak will correct me if I've made any mistakes here. I'm not involved in the project, I just want it to succeed.

A summary of the available figures:

Included in the core game at "predator" tier or above

There are a few peculiarities. For example the "plants" above are all animals as far as I know, although there are some actual plants included in the Silurian character roster. Some of the Silurian animals are actually Devonian, which I assume is to balance out the number of figures between the short, moderately diverse Silurian, and the long, extremely diverse Devonian. The shark Orodus is from the Carboniferous and Permian. But most of these are correctly categorized.

Not included in the core game but available as add-ons and included in the "museum" tiers (painted or unpainted)

The gift set of magnetic mix-and-match figures (first 100 backers at $130 or more)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Oammararak

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  Thank you for your help. You are correct with all of these. Your question are a lot of help. Can I use this in FAQs in the campaign? You are correct, I did have to move some creatures from the Devonian to Silurian for balance, or the board game would be out of balance. I will make special note of it by adding an "*" identifier on the coin and explaining in the rules, to let everyone know the proper era that all the creatures belong in. I picked the few to transfer over that have seen some fossil record overlap, so it's as close to scientifically accurate as possible.
As for the the Orodus, I've seen the Orodus Ramosus listed as late devonian 359 mya.
Orodus corrugatus is listed as permian, 290 Mya.
I went with the ramosus subspecies for this game. If you catch any more in the wrong eras please let me know, and thank you for your detailed feedback it helps immensely.  :)

Halichoeres

Thanks for that clarification. You're right, I looked into it and there are some teeth referable to Orodus in the Fammenian (latest Devonian). I think it makes sense to push some of the Devonian things to the Silurian, and a lot of them seem to be from those right-on-the-boundary deposits like the ones in Norway.

A @Andysdinosaurreviews gave the campaign a shoutout on his channel today, hopefully that translates into some new backers!

Oammararak

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  This community is really kind. I'm very happy to be a part of this place.

Faelrin

Just a small update but the Ordovician period miniatures have been added to the pick your own tier, with the Silurian and Devonian to follow. There are also figures planned from the Carboniferous to the Quaternary. Figured I would let folks know in case anyone here pledged for the pick your own tier (if not any of others) and wants to add these on but was waiting for prices before doing so.

Please see here (I asked about it last night):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tragoonha/life-the-evolution-of-life-on-earth-series/posts/2961616

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.