News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Star Ace

Started by BlueKrono, July 26, 2022, 05:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Has anyone else ever bought from Star Ace HK before? They have a decent looking website, but I paid for the coelacanth two months ago, then emailed them a month ago asking for an update.

Radio silence.

Did I get scammed? If not, what should I do?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

UK

Contact them through their Facebook page. Far more visible and might nudge them.

Did you pay through Paypal?

https://www.facebook.com/StarAceToys/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I preordered Gwangi through them, then found it cheaper and they adjusted the price, then found it cheaper and in stock via Sideshow so I just canceled and they did it.   Maybe they have Covid issues and in/out a lot?  I would just keep trying to reach them for now.

BlueKrono

avatar_UK @UK I did pay through PayPal, so I've got that going for me. When I look at my orders they both say "Completed"... the same day I placed the order, neither of which was even available at that time. Suuuuuuper shady. Since they were immediately listed as completed I don't see a way to cancel them. avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon You were able to successfully and get your money back?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 26, 2022, 09:26:59 PMavatar_UK @UK I did pay through PayPal, so I've got that going for me. When I look at my orders they both say "Completed"... the same day I placed the order, neither of which was even available at that time. Suuuuuuper shady. Since they were immediately listed as completed I don't see a way to cancel them. avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon You were able to successfully and get your money back?

Yeah I just emailed them and a refund showed up in my account about 24 hours later.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.